• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new and improved NORTH CAROLINA locator thread

PacStrife

Smash Ace
OK, so this thread serves two purposes.

One, to help people find smash players in their area/state.
Two, to discuss new NC tourneys and upcoming events.

To be added to the player list simply post:

1) name/tag/nickname (you only have to include one)
2) location in NC (aka what town do you live in or what cities are close to you)
3)AIM s/n or e-mail address (optional of course, but this will help you get to know people/set up dates to play)

So I think that covers everything. I will be updating this thread as it needs to be updated in a timely maner. Thanks for your cooperation in advance :)

----PLAYER FINDER----

Asheville (Far West)
- Grond - email: suiotechnique@gmail.com
- PuppetMaster12 - AIM: PuppetMaster12 / email: Komono12@yahoo.com

Bladenboro (West of Wilmington, South of Fayetteville)
-Jade - Yahoo: thebluedeath1000
-Lenca - AIM: SilverAssFluid

Boone (Northwest of Greensboro, Northeast of Ashville)
- Novix - AIM: Agetoki

Chapel Hill (slightly West of Raleigh)
- ECHO / Bill
- ph00tbag - AIM: ph00tbag
- miren
- Daniel - AIM: D Crysalis
- Mohrisbeter - AIM: Mohrisbeter / email: tmohr@email.unc.edu

Charlotte (West NC Central)
- 2_Percent - AIM: oh shoot rhymes
- El Cancel
- I'veJihadIt - AIM: IveJihadIt
- Yeroc
- Chuk - AIM: WhenChukAttacks
- RoyTheFlamboyant - AIM: WandererNikita
- Nick O. Teen - AIM: DynamiteRaver84
- YoshiKongBarkley3000
- FalconoJutsu
- BossNasty - AIM: BossNasty
- Copius - email: mailto:copiusmax@gmail.com
- Austin - AIM: bellkustedg

Durham (slightly Northwest of Raleigh)
- Arvy - AIM: Arvelous
- Tri - AIM: Tridentbe
- Eman - AIM: Ezay821
- yggdrasil325 - AIM: vector325
- jellis - AIM: jellis186

Fairmont (Far South of Raleigh)
- 2shy

Gastonia (slightly West of Charlotte)
- Boss Hog (S my D) *This guy is RAW

Greensboro (West of Raleigh, Northeast of Charlotte)
- dotpwn - AIM: rockysaymoo
- CStrife187
- Goron red - AIM: mysterybrad812
- wiiplaya77 - AIM: singin wii
- MaRiO 1
- Itch - AIM: tokennugga08 / Yahoo: d_shep04
- RedX8787/Chakraflux - AIM: All4jesus8787
- Lunaretic/Greg - AIM: Khaim27

Greenville (Southeast of Rocky Mount)
- Jawsh

Hickory (between Ashville and Greensboro)
- Pyro - AIM: JimOwnsYouAll
- Xeno - AIM: Glifer57
- Diesel - AIM: Gordon024fan

Pinehurst (between Charlotte and Fayetteville)
- Toshiba - AIM: Castr0233

Raleigh (Central NC baby!)
- Malk - AIM: MolskelvianDeity
- Karn - AIM: XLord KarnX
- Knorr - AIM: savesxthexqueen
- Ray Charles/uber n00b - AIM: Hcky3599
- Speedsk8er - AIM: neospeedsk8er / msn: neospeedsk8er@hotmail.com
- THO/David
- SuperMetroid - AIM: SuperMetroid2004
- vZakat - AIM: vZakat
- ChiefOnionSauce/Zach - AIM: UberBlack777 / email: ChiefOnionSauce@gmail.com
- Psychofox/Alec - AIM: KlingKlongPatow / email: falconpunch@gmail.com

Rocky Mount (East NC Central)
- L0zR - AIM: Jonsey L0zr
- T.C.
- Chocolate Thundaa
- Zio - AIM: Randomfalco
- SR Raptor - AIM: srw788

Rutherford (directly West of Charlotte)
- MunkeyX2g - AIM: MunkeyX2g
- Adams - AIM: Adamsheartsyou
- $sD - AIM: DollarStoreD
- Waters - AIM: wtfisbwaters31

Shelby (directly West of Charlotte)
- Dr Peepee

Tarboro (slightly East of Rocky Mount)
- Pac! - AIM: PacStrife
- Lightningmage - AIM: AshtonGyoroDBZ

Winston Salem (slightly West of Greensboro)
- Kotus

I added a location map-ish kinda thing after each city. It should help give people a better understanding of where people are actually at in the state. I named three "central" cities, as these are the ones everyone should know and where the most people smash in that area of the state. Your best bet for tourneys / friendly smashfests is around these three cities.

Anyways thanks for being patient with the updates. I will continue to add names as they come. If your not on the list and live in NC, PLEASE POST YOUR INFO! :)

Knorr

Smash Ace
THO/David lives in Chapel Hill/Raleigh.

Hark, I just gave Knorr the first post!

This is Karn.

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
Forgotten again. ):

RoyTheFlamboyant- Concord, NC; AIM- WandererNikita
Nick O. Teen- Concord, NC; AIM- DynamiteRaver84
YoshiKongBarkley3000- Concord, NC
FalconoJutsu- Concord, NC

Thanks for making the new thread~

Oh... and Concord might as well be Charlotte for this purpose, I guess. No one's going to come to Concord to Smash when we could drive fifteen minutes down the road and BE in Charlotte.

dotpwn

Smash Journeyman
Pac you beast xD. I cant wait till nov 17 (oh yeah oct 20). I will finally play this Ali fellow, i hear he has a third knee

Edit: Who in this mighty state will make me their pupil. I can only learn so much in my environment yo. I decided since brawl is so delayed i'd really like to feel good about my melee game yo.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's Concord.

Exit 58 from I-85. On Hwy 29.

Hitch a ride. Ask a friend. Take a cab. Start walking the day before. =D

Toshiba

Smash Apprentice
***** whats up with not adding me? I mean i know i havent been to anything in like a month but ****, im still around, just been busy.

Pinehurst- Castr0233- 910 639 4722

SuperMetroid

Smash Rookie
Name: SuperMetroid

City: Raleigh

AIM: SuperMetroid2004

Please let me know if things are going on around the triangle area (esp. in Raleigh). I'd also be happy to have people over some time (I go to NC State). I'm often on AIM, so it's easy to reach me there :)

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
gso people need to get together for a smashfest sometime. there's quite a few of us now. like... four.

edit: also, wiiplaya77 lives in gso, and his aim is "singin wii" but he doesn't get on the boards much. just to lurk.

Novix

Smash Rookie
I live in Boone and AIM: Agetoki.

Also for an update on the smash tournament that is happening on campus at ASU on the 27th, we haven't made any decisions, because the person leading it doesn't know what to do. He wants to try to run it as either double elim with single rounds or single elim with double rounds, thinking that if we do single/single that it would piss a lot of people off. Thing is that with our time frame of starting around 5 or 6 and having to finish at 11 at the latest it doesn't really help much (I blame bad planning). But as far as I know we don't really have a limit on the number of players since it will piss people off if they sign up and find out they can't play. Malk, if you have any suggestions, I will gladly take them and talk with the guy running it. If you guys have any questions pertaining to the LAN or tournament on the 27th, just PM me or IM me.

Malk

Smash Champion
I don't honestly know what single elim with double rounds means.
Do you mean best 2/3 matches by double rounds?
In that case neither of your options are good

Just do double elimination with double rounds. If you only do singles (no teams) it will be over by 11. You just have to run it well. Make a 2 minute timer to your next match, if you miss it there's a penalty.

Hyper Tails1

Smash Apprentice
Pac is too good.

....But this list will never be complete without Dub and sloppy chops. NC over all!

PacStrife

Smash Ace
OK, the second update is complete.

Super metroid if you go to state then you should try to get up with my friend xavier who goes there. He plays at the "wolf's den" or w/e yall call it. He will be the one not sucking and beating everyone with kirby >_>.

EDIT : I have added some stuff to the first page to help people figure out where others are more clearly. I felt like it would help given all the small towns we have on the list :)

SuperMetroid

Smash Rookie
Thanks for letting me know Pac! I'm definitely interested in meeting more smashers at NCSU. Is his contact information here or is he unlisted?

PacStrife

Smash Ace
He is unlisted as he doesnt really go to tourneys. But I used to room with him so he has played with me for about a year and a half or so. I will try to get in touch with him and see if he wants to be added.

Knorr

Smash Ace
I don't honestly know what single elim with double rounds means.
Do you mean best 2/3 matches by double rounds?
In that case neither of your options are good

Just do double elimination with double rounds. If you only do singles (no teams) it will be over by 11. You just have to run it well. Make a 2 minute timer to your next match, if you miss it there's a penalty.
listen to malk if youre not pac trying to make a tourny

Novix

Smash Rookie
I mean either best of 3 and you get eliminated if you lose or just one round and you get a second chance in a loser bracket if you lose.

Knorr

Smash Ace
just do what malk says one match rounds arent rounds thats what happens when you have to give up your controller, (of course you dont have to give it up if your are #1) but sersly unless you are planning on having 50 bajillion people there one match double elim is way too short. 2-3 Double elim is works fine always unless you **** around for long periods of time.

Novix

Smash Rookie
Well, the last LAN was a giant mess as far as organization was concerned and some people want to avoid that(we have set up the next one to avoid the same problems), but I'll be sure to pass on what Malk said to the guy coordinating it. I think his only gripe is going to be that we were planning on the worst scenario to happen that every game in a match goes to time (6m with 4 stocks, unlikely but it can happen) which would result in almost 20 minutes a match and causing the tournament to run a ridiculous amount of time.

Malk

Smash Champion
Even if every match takes 2/3 AND max time limit, you're looking at ~40 minute rounds. from 6pm to 11pm that's still 6.5ish rounds rounds which will take you from 64-32-16-8-4-2-finals

Just make sure no one is late to their matches, and people only play tourney matches on available TVs, and it will turn out much better (with no one griping about Lozr in their bracket). Use a tournament maker software to speed things up. Pac or myself can help with that, not that it isn't extremely simple.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Malk that's assuming that you have a tv for every match of every round. Not likely. He'll likely only have time for that if he has 32 or fewer people. Also don't forget that loser's bracket is twice as long as winner's, and I don't care how good at running tourneys you are, people will still sneak in friendlies and slow you down a little bit. I think he'd be best off going 3 stock 6 minute matches, best of 3, double elim, preferably with a 32 man bracket. Time could still be tight, but not super restrictively so.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
yeroc is right.. you guys always d!ck around and do whatever you want.. doesn't matter how loud anyone yells or how tight of a schedule we're on

not to mention the 23623456236 broke a$$ people that show up to just take up space and play friendlies

p.s. put us back on the locator we still play sometimes.. we just dont get on the forums much

Novix

Smash Rookie
I did forget to mention that we will have two TVs running for the smash tournament with a 3rd TV for casual matches.

dotpwn

Smash Journeyman
Advice: USE THE 3RD TV FOR THE TOURNEY THEN ROB A PAWN SHOP . Running a fair sized tournament on 2 tv s will be just a wee bit hard. k? k.

Top Bottom