• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new and improved NORTH CAROLINA locator thread

POM

Smash Apprentice
.....So Chu is hosting melee tourneys now instead of brawl ones.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4247288&postcount=3250

Should NC go there and support this?
*Asking people in NC that know I'm asking them, if you dont know if I'm asking you....... then I'm probably not asking you*

i think that we should. if you people can't tell how much worse of a game brawl is compared to melee then you're stupid. yea brawl is new, and it's fun for a little while but it's nothing compared to melee. i've actually started picking melee back up a bit too.

the no combos thing in brawl is what's annoying. there is NO hit stun..all you gotta do is air dodge and that ends the combo basically..pretty gay.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
****it don't go support the anti-brawl scene. Just keep giving the game a chance. Gotta figure out away around the stupid defensey-ness of Brawl and it'll be good.

Got my Wii finally, message me here or on aim if you wanna play

Alias -xSAMURAIx
City - Raleigh
IM Handle - xo johnnylove ox
Brawl FC: 1375-7197-6677
Wanna play now? Please respond soon before I decide to play Phantasy Star Online. XD

Bleh, another Brawl vs Melee debate.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You know . . . The same thing was done to Halo 3, I think. Bungie nerf'd all that could be taken advantage of in Halo 2, like BXR and all that Jazz. But you see, more people are playing Halo 3, although Halo 2 is a better game for competitive play. Same could be said for this smash scene here. Sure Melee is a better competitive game, but you'll be in a small group still playing that game, because everyone is going to Brawl.

You still have me, though, for melee. :3

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
.....So Chu is hosting melee tourneys now instead of brawl ones.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4247288&postcount=3250

Should NC go there and support this?
*Asking people in NC that know I'm asking them, if you dont know if I'm asking you....... then I'm probably not asking you*
I saw this too. I'm personally for Melee over Brawl. I love them both, but I think Melee is so much better. I'm all for NC representing in NoVa, too. I'm already planning on going to the one on April 26th, and it's be really cool if others from NC came as well. Plus... I might need a ride. :p

POM

Smash Apprentice
i will still play brawl, just i dunno if i'll take it as far as i did in melee. i just don't see brawl going as far as melee has.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
I didn't say I was gonna stop playing Brawl. I like beating people without having to practice a game at all. However, you should know that this melee tourney does not represent the "anti-brawl" scene, it represents the east coast smash scene. I don't support Brawl or Melee because I see major flaws in both, but I do support Chu and all the other amazing people I met through melee that made that game competitive/awesome.

If the people that loved melee and push that system don't like brawl, then I am slightly more inclined to listen to them than people who have just started playing smash and think they know **** about the game.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I honesty don't know which I prefer right now. I'm trying give brawl as much time as I gave Melee. LOL It's not like I could play worth a **** in Melee anyways.

Still, I wouldn't mind going to NoVa, just to meet people.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Pac i can bet you me tc and the triforce are up for some melee, i wanna combo with falcon again so bad. We should go to some of these

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I don't own a Wii, but I've played Brawl a few times with my friends. It's amazing, but it's still too slowly paced for me. I like having a faster paced, more competitive game. Brawl's a good party game, but Melee is what I'm sticking with. Like I said, I'm totally for Chu's Melee bi-weeklies and I totally want to.

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
God knows I need some action. Dotpwn loves Brawl too much to go back to melee and I've been starved for Marth Dittos the last two months.

**** Reidsville....

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
You know . . . The same thing was done to Halo 3, I think. Bungie nerf'd all that could be taken advantage of in Halo 2, like BXR and all that Jazz. But you see, more people are playing Halo 3, although Halo 2 is a better game for competitive play. Same could be said for this smash scene here. Sure Melee is a better competitive game, but you'll be in a small group still playing that game, because everyone is going to Brawl.

You still have me, though, for melee. :3

The reason more people play halo3 is because it's a fresh game and the gamer community is growing. That being said, the better players in NC that I know who played halo2 at the competitive level switched over to rainbow six vegas 1&2 and call of duty 4.

Smash players just have nothing to play to get that "competitive fix" aside from melee... Seeing as how smash is such a unique fighter game. Besides, all the enjoyable people who made melee such a good game still love melee... why not support their tournys.. but I'm not going to VA because it's just too far away

The reason I came here to post anything was to let everyone know Munkaid is planned for after the Raleigh guys have their tourny. It will be in Rutherford county for those of you who've never came to munkaid before. If you don't know where Rutherford is then look it up. We're still trying to figure out what the rules will be. We would like everyones opinion on what the entry fee should be and what date would be good for all you guys.

EDIT: If Dr. peepee lives in shelby he better be at my tournament

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I do live in Shelby, and I'd love to go to any tourney I can. The entry fee won't be a problem, but I can only go on the weekends. Plus, I'm all for playing everyone in NC.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
So I hear there's some smashers in the Raleigh area and they want to have a tournament. I might be interested in attending if its on a weekend I'm not busy. Does anyone want to send a PM to their friendly neighborhood supermod and let me know when stuff is going down?

BEHR

Smash Hero
It's a combination of the car that makes himmore decent than the other kids.
Oh yuh thats true. <.<

i wanna play better than decent people in greensboro i dont mind driving... really i just wanna play smash so can i come play? plz ^^

You can play with and some of my friends on the weekends I dont mind most of are Brawlfests are at my house.

and I feel like playing Melee again.

I miss the combos.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm ready for anything as long as it isn't farther than Greensboro(parents won't let me go to Raleigh or Rocky mount or VA so anywhere closer is good for me). I also can't do anything the weekend of the 18th-20th. I'll try to work around this as much as possible cuz it's too much fun smashin with you guys.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Theres always something going on at my house give me a date and I see what I can do so we can Brawl it up or Melee it up. >w<

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
The 11th or 12th. :D
i agree with friday... i get off early that day >.> neways i also vote for melee cus i havnt playd anyone better than me since i moved from texas and away from playing wobbles and those kids so im kinda sad about that... although im sure im mostly terrible now cus that was like 7 months ago ^^; i'd still like to play some melee though -nods-

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Hey Pac, I know I'm new here an all, but I was thinking we (as in us North Carolinians) should set up a little Carolina Smash Circuit. I'd be fun and would totally bring the competitive scene around, but it's just a suggestion.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Hey Pac, I know I'm new here an all, but I was thinking we (as in us North Carolinians) should set up a little Carolina Smash Circuit. I'd be fun and would totally bring the competitive scene around, but it's just a suggestion.
Melee Please. :'D

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Anybody here go by the name of Lance and live in the Raleigh area? He just left my place after smoking hookah and drinking with some friends and he was pretty good. Just curious. We were playing Brawl.

Top Bottom