• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Anytime. ^_^

I might finish one or two vids tonight ; depending on if I can pull another all night game/ video fest.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
All done!

Are you serious? That would be way to good! But yeah I'm sure you know it all already, but if there's anything your not sure about, then let me know. Anything to help you with those vids.

Just looking at it, the sworplay one is gonna take a while as well.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
**** Yeah Sticky!!!
>______>;;

He beat me too it. <_______________________<;;

Yeah I'm going to do the rest.

Then maybe make videos of my own stuff.

OH YEAH THE UP-B THING.
._.

Okay, basically you can control your momentum off the ledge completely with it and it cancels immediately into a aerial.
It looks much better then it sounds and makes TL a LOT faster offstage/ on platforms.
If you're talking about the grounded up-B off the ledge than I finally did it. It's not that hard once you get it the first time. Could be a useful edge-guard.

Expand this acronym please.

Nehemiah

Smash Cadet
Hey What would be a great video is... a video with the newer AT's that, show what it looks like, the a frame pause to indicate which button to press at the specific time. such as

sms boomerang, he does it a few times jumping around (yay), next pause, press back here, next frame, press forward b here..., show it again normally, next AT.

SAFC= Spin attack fall cancel
( slide an up b off the stage into the edge)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Its in the OP, Moth.

lern to Ctrl+f

xRikux

Smash Rookie
Haha this is absolutely awesome soon I will start to share some of my knowledge;) :laugh:

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
(not sure if this is known)

Who here knows what the Vanish Glide is?
Wellll.... TL has a Spin Attack glide.

Don't know what it does to people. I just know that it's there.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
-Full Hop Double Zair
This seems like it might be possible...If so, the buffering is insane...

-TL can drop a bomb and still SHDA at the same time
Is this useful at all? No, the bomb doesn't hit us if you do it right...

-Short Hop Double Bomb
While the first bomb is in the air from the light upwards toss, there is a window of free time. Can anything useful be done here, possibly to make this more viable? (Something to keep opponent away...)

-Platform Bombing
What are the hit zones/ applicable locations?

-Hit shield with bomb, catch and instant throw
This seems pretty practical/ useful

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Saviour: You may be talking about the SAF (Spin Attack Fall) it's in the Swordplay section. Check it out and if you don't think thats it then I would be interested to know what your talking about.

DTL: Considering your thread got locked, I'll do my best to help you out. I'll check that stuff out and let you know if your on to something. Keep up the good work.
(oh, um, what do you mean by the hit zones of platform bombing, or is that just another way of saying applicable locations, hence the slash. Or are they two seperate things to check out?)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
DTL: Gotcha. So I spose the real question is, in a way, because of the strange angle that the Bomb jumps off in, whats the point? Why not just throw the Bomb? Is there anything you can do/anywhere the bomb can go that you can't do if you just throw the Bomb? Is there anything that Platform Bombing can do, that Throwing a Bomb can't? (Apart form looking flashy). I'll let you know.

Yeah, what Lobos said.

Nehemiah

Smash Cadet
I know this is random but how do you like...run back and forth really fast, it looks like a pivot nearly in place but 4x faster. Not really useful but fun to know. People usually use it as a taunt

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok DTL, the Full hop Double Zair is impossible, close, but just isn't happening. You can Full hop Zair and cancel with a quickdraw, Nair, Bair or Dair but unfortunately, no Double Zair.

The Dropping a Bomb and still being able to SHDA, I did it and it's awesome! Pretty hard at first, but awesome. Now it's just a matter of finding a good use for it. That shouldn't be hard. Maybe if they're up close or something and the Bomb hits them, hang on I'll just check that..... Oh my gosh! That's too wicked! If they're on the right percent it registers as a combo! Demonictoonlink, you my friend have a new AT! I'll add it up after this. Ok moving on.

Ok next we have the small window of time in the SHDB. I tried many things but I couldn't find anything fast enough. Maybe if you changed it a bit, like still kept the essential bit at the end (the SHDB) but made the preperation slightly longer, long enough to throw a quickdraw out or something. Like.... yeah that works, instead of tilt throw, smash throw the first Bomb up, instanly SH, Bomb pull quickdraw, SHDB. There is only just enough time to do this, pretty hard. But yeah, just experiment with that. Ok next.

Ah Platform Bombing. I wish I could tell you some insane thing I discovered about it. But I don't have anything really. I did however notice some possibly useful things. First of all, the Bomb jumps out at a unique angle. It's less then a normal throw (un tilted and un smashed, just hit A). So what does this mean? Well if you do Platform Bombing far enough to one side of the platform, the Bomb will explode right in front of you without actually hurting you, interesting I spose. This is just because the Bomb didn't jump off the platform because it couldn't jump far enough.
Another possible use could be using it to edgeguard. Because it's a unique angle, the Bomb Jumps places that you could never throw it. So if you Platform Bomb say on Battlefield on the right or left side, the Bomb will go off the side of the stage at more of a downward angle. This could help against some recoveries.
But other then that, I didn't find much.

And finally hitting their shield with the Bomb, catching it then instantly throwing it. Do you mean catch it with the Instant Bomb throw? Because if you did, I checked it out, I spose it might work better on larger characters because when I SH'd and Instant Bomb Threw it, the Bomb just went straight over them. I thought that Full hop and catch it with the Instant Bomb Throw it down was pretty cool. But yeah, what are your thoughts on this, how do you see it potentially being used?

And that's all. So, I spose I'm off to add your AT. Wait, what did you want to call it? Let me know and I'll update as soon as I read it. (Demonic SHDA? Just to go with the other one, I dunno.)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Quick question Fox, is the
"Phantom Boomerang
How to Perform: Simply throw a Boomerang out, but, at the start of the throw the bottom of the boomerang has to touch a platform and keep going straight without deflecting.
Effect: Toon will throw the boomerang out, and it won't come back! I suppose they could have called it Fail Boomerang but Phantom sounds so much cooler.
Note: This will only work when throwing the boomerang left. Trust me, I've tried it myself and it will not.... not come back if you throw it right. You can even angle throw the Boomerang and it won't come back, just as long as at the start of the throw, the bottom of the Boomerang touches a platform.
Stages: ALL, that's right, this can be done on all Stages even Final Destination. But wait! It has no platforms! No platforms, no worries. Simply hang onto the ledge on the right side of the stage, hit away from the ledge to let go, double jump and throw the boomerang at the right time to make the Bottom of the Boomerang hit the top of the whole Stage itself!"

the first trick in this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WreiUKatNlw&feature=channel_page
??

I'm asking because I don't want to make a vid of the wrong thing.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah it is. There's more to it then that though, but yeah. I've actually got a whole video in this thread that is all about the Phantom Boomerang. Maybe you should quickly check it out and see the other ways you can do it. Anyway man no sweat, better to be safe than sorry.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Are there any videos that show what a sliding throw or a pivot slide look like?

Also I was on yoshi's island facing ganondorf and I was hanging on the edge. I did what I normaly do and just droped down and threw a bomb up. But the strange thing was that the bomb didnt just go straight up. It went up and then curved at an arc. I personally have never seen this before. Here I drew it so you all can see what I mean visually. (Not sure if the image is too big, I have a very wide resolution monitor so everything looks small on my screen. Ill shrink it some more if needed)

Has anyone ever seen this before?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
So...basically the bomb went towards ganon in yoshis island when u thew it up? Might be useful if we figure out how to do it. :toonlink:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Woah I wish I knew how to do that if its possible. O_O

No idea though, sorry. =/
Would be GREAT to find out, though.

UncleSam

Smash Master
well toon link is the waker of winds:laugh:
but srsly I have no idea how you did that, it would give so many more ledge options for TL if we could do that
EDIT: that drawing is awesome

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Nice drawing! (Could you shrink it a bit please though)
This sounds awseome! The question is now, was it character specific (something that Ganon did), stage specific (something about the stage), or a new incredibly awesome AT.

Ok I gotta ask, I know that Ganon's Up tilt has wind properties, did he use Up tilt which possibly pushed the Bomb towards him?

If not, then did he do any other move? I dunno, I'm just guessing here but maybe his neutral B has wind properties as well (yeah I don't know much about the old man).

In any case, I'll try figure out what happened!

Ok DTL, did you read my post, (I think it's about post 177, the long one.). You have a new AT, what did you want to call it?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I don't think the stage has wind, or at least I've never heard of it before. If it does then that could change everything.
Anyway, I quickly checked it out and if Ganon did do his U-tilt then everything makes sense. The Bomb travels in the exact way you discribed/drew.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Yeah, Ganon's Utilt has "pull" effects. Strange next to a sandbag and use Ganon's Utilt. It's weird.
Also, stand ontop of a crate and use it. It's REALLY weird. >_>

So it was 97% probably caused by that.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
ok well im not sure , the bomb wasnt all that close to ganon when it started to slowly move towards him and im pretty sure he wasnt doing anything but standing there but I didnt save the replay so once again im not sure. I dont know maybe a shy guy flew by and created a gust or something.

Are there any videos on sliding throw or pivot slide?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, like I said, I already checked it out and I'm pretty sure that I know what happened. Ganon doesn't need to be very close because the wind pull thing extends a decent way. And by throwing the Bomb up through the wind pull part of the U-tilt, I was able to re-create exactly what you drew. Thanks for asking though, it gave me something to think about. Like I was trying to find new ways to use our wind effects (Dair), all I could find though was if the wind part of the Dair hits a Bomb that is falling down off stage, the Bomb will be pushed a little away. I didn't think it was that great though so I wasn't going to mention it.

As for the Video, The very last AT video contains the Sliding Throw and the second last video has some Pivot sliding in it.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
but im pretty sure ganon didnt actually do a move he was just standing there waiting for me to try something. But if u recreated it then i guess we have a new tech for ganons if he uptilts or something, sucks a bomb towards him i guess. Good job

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Frigin MASSIVE Update!! Possibly the last huge update ever (I say that every time).

Sasuke: I've added the pictures and the Vid. How did you get the pictures to work? (I've never been very good at those things XD). Thanks you so much again for all the work you put in.

DTL: No worries man. Thanks for finding the tech!

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
I thank the lord

Fox is Openly Deceptive

decided to make this thread.

SasukeBowser too for making the vids and... such. and being awesome to this thread. Gonna be studying this now.

for a more productive post. I did something interesting today, I didn't see it in there but...

Does anybody know if there's a lagless way to pick up bombs on the ground? It looked like that was what I did I'm not sure. So we don't have to use Dash attack or stand next to it to pick it up. I was dashing, didn't do the dash attack. wasn't aware of what I did but I ended up with the bomb in my hand.

Top Bottom