• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You can just grab release, but yeah, you can do that.
You're timing would have to be good and the opponent would have to get ground released, though.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Also, I think it may be possible to grab while holding a bomb in hand if we catch the bomb while in our air dodge animation while being very close to the ground or touching the ground with the final few frames of the air dodge.
Tried that, you throw the bomb >.<
It's like almost impossible to grab with a bomb everything ends up with tink throwing the bomb,
thinking about it grabbing with a bomb would be kind of stupid because the bomb would blow up on you while holding you're opponent which would be kind of pointless

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
No no no. If we did find a way to grab with a Bomb (hypothetically) then it definately would be useful. If our opponent is P1 and we are P2, P3 or P4, if the Bomb explodes while we are still holding them, we both get damage but we don't get any knockback or hitstun. Which equals a free hit/re-grab. We might even be able to throw them then instantly throw the Bomb at them and possibly get a re-grab or something.

If it is possible then it's probably just a massive glitch, kinda like Hyro's broke shot thing. Our grab does strange things so it might just be possible, just not necessarily re-create able

UncleSam

Smash Master
I always forget about port priority
EDIT: while were still talking about grabbing with a bomb...
dash attack pickup combined with a boost grab?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok... How about I make a temporary section which is dedicated to figuring out how to grab with a Bomb? It's very simple. It will be a list of things that we have tried and are absolutely sure don't work. That way we won't be waisting any time re-trying things that someone else has already crossed off the list. It will make it so much easier.

It is in this way that we will find out once and for all.

So all you have to do is test a few ideas VERY thoroughly then let me know exactly what you tried and I will (quickly check it myself XD then...) add this to the list of things that don't work.

Yes or no?

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
"Running SMS
How to Perform: In truth it's not really a 'Running' SMS, it's more of a 'Jogging' SMS. This is because instead of Running, you will need to Tilt Run or 'Jog' so to speak. This is because you can't throw the Boomerang Backwards straight out of a Run but you can throw it Backwards straight out of a Tilted Run. Right, Tilt Run in one direction, Hit Backwards B then instantly hit Forwards."

This is wrong, you can throw a boomerang backwards out of a run using a B-reversal.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I know that!
You know what I mean..... Right?
Edit: The Running B-reversal is technically throwing it forward then turning around. So it's not throwing it backwards straight away, if you know what I mean.... besides, you can't SMS a B-reversal.
So my statement still stands.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I don't know...Everytime I spend time trying to find a way to do it, it gets more discouraging...I don't think it's possible

I don't know...Everytime I spend time trying to find a way to do it, it gets more discouraging...I don't think it's possible
It IS impossible. All you can do is throw, shield, jump, and move when you're standing with a bomb. You can only catch with the A button while in the ground, and when in the ground, the grab button turns into throw. You can't throw out of a shield, and you can't do anything similar to the F-Smash w/ Bomb trick. There is pretty much nothing you can do.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I agree. Not only is there no proof it's possible, there's no proof the people who claim they did it actually saw it correctly.

Supersun

Smash Apprentice
I could of just missed it somewhere but I didn't see anything about grabbing near/on an exploding C4. If you are a higher controller port and the C4 explodes while you have an opponent grabbed they are the only one to receive the hitstun and knockback. It's easiest to do at higher percentages but the bomb then tends to knock them kind of far. It's best at lower percentages but trying to time the grab to the exploding bomb while they are trying to break the throw makes it kind of difficult.

You can follow up this with mostly whatever the heck you want but you have to keep in mind where the bomb is. If the bomb is in front of the other person he will fly forward (at low percents you can regrab). If the bomb is behind the other person he'll fly behind you (this can combo into bair <3).

There are also some neat tricks you can do with 2 C4s on the ground. Like you can try to time them so that you can do the grab multiple times or you can just grab the bomb and follow up with whatever move you want.

I've been messing around with the Dthrow for a bit with the exploding C4. If you input the throw kinda early the bomb will explode (before the throw damage registers) and knock you the distance of the exploding bomb and the other person won't really receive knockback (not sure if they get the hitstun or not you definitely do). If you input the command later you receive the knockback of the bomb while he receives the knockback of the throw (not sure if he receives damage from both).

I'm not sure how any of this practical but it's just a silly trick to mess with.

(PS: C4 in here means a bomb dropped on the ground. I wasn't going to type "a bomb that has been dropped the ground" every time when I could just say C4 :p)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh nice the pictures are working again! I'll add them now.
Thanks Sasuke.

Now...
Thanks Supersun, but it's known.

So what's the next plausible tech on the list?
I would have thought that this was obvious.
We need to find out how to shoot lasers!!! Hellz yeah!

Edit: Dang it! XD I just noticed, it's not supposed to be "Advanced Techniques" it's supposed to be "AT Videos" or "Advanced Technique Videos"
Um, sorry sasuke? Does it really matter? Oh I dunno, I'll just add it for now.

Edit 2: Dang it again! You must've forgotten the Bombs picture XD. Ok, I'll add what there is for now. Did you need me to send you the Bombs picture again, or do you still have it? Just let me know.
Ok, I think that's it.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I never got a bombs picture? o_o
... Maybe I just forgot to save it?... ._.

Yeah, send it please.

eddy49

Smash Rookie
o snap this is really good im just starting to go competitive and this is really gonna help my game :)

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Hey Sasuke, when are you going to put up the SHFF arrows?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
alright.
I'll get it up later today then I guess

Sync_

Smash Journeyman
C4
There are two ways to do this, so there are two "How to Perform"s.
How to Perform 1: Stand underneath a go throughable platform (Like on Battlefield), Pull out a bomb, full hop then Z-drop just as your jumping through the platform.
Effect: Toon will jump up and land on the platform but as he is doing this, he will Z-drop a bomb safely on the platform.
Note: This is a good alternative to just Z-dropping. (Can also be done with an Invincibomb Drop).
Stages: Will work on any Stage that has a go through able platform. So every Stage except....
Final Destination, Mushroomy Kingdom, Bridge of Eldin, Mario Bros, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Island Melee, Jungle Japes and Corneria.
Jungle Japes does have a platform you can go through, so it works there. ;D

Just wanted to point it out.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Well I did some testing and by dropping a bomb in front of the opponent and fast falling down behind where they were (ideally under where they are in the air after the bomb) you can utilt them for a true two-hit combo up to 92%.

This is based off the discussion that took place in the "What do you think of Toon Link's ranking" thread from posts 138-147.

I'd like to move this discussion here as well because testing is far from completed. This was tested only on a Mario in training mode (so I wouldn't have to make him recover >_>) and only tested on FD. This means I have no clue what the max % this works until is on other characters. I also don't know if this is affected by platforms.

If anyone wants to help (or just can and is a nice person) send me a visitor message saying what you're willing to do.

Top Bottom