• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Thanks Power of Slash!

I think I remember reading about this somewhere. From memory it's done similar to a normal pick up, which is just pressing A. You can do it by tilt running towards it and pressing A, that works. But to do it while running, you have to Dash towards the Bomb, then just before you get there, let go of the Joystick and hit A. I just tested these and they all work.

I'll see if I can find the thread I read this in for more information, then later on, I'll update with this tech!

Thanks again!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Airdodge into it is lagless I think

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey Power of Slash, I never actually asked before (my last post). Is that what you did? Or did you do something different?
(still trying to find that thread, I might just have to write it up with what I know)

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
It sounds pretty much about what I did.

I just know I was dashing, but I didn't do a dash attack, I picked up the bomb though.

What you're saying sounds like what I did.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok it's added! (Can anyone think of anything better then Running Bomb Pick Up?)
After testing it, I realised it's better then I thought. Instead of having to put the Joystick in neutral half a rolls length away and then hit A, I realised that as long as the Joystick is in neutral when you hit A, you can be right on top of it. This just makes it way quicker and adds a little slide.

I wouldn't really call it an AT, but this is an AT and Tricks thread.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
It's situational at most.

edit: well actually this can help with the While Holding a Bomb techs. Y'know the Fsmash with bomb in had and all that. Could be something to look into for Z-dropped bombs on the ground.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, I've always thought that we should make more use of Z-dropped Bombs. So I spose it doesn't hurt to have more options.
If only we could find a reliable way to use them to lengthen combos or re-grab after grab releases and throws or something like that. It's possible, just not yet probable.
Just a thought.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Z-dropped bombs are hard to make use of in a match because you can't z-drop while moving upward. That creates an enormous amount of lag on z-dropping. It is useful but it's really not tourney viable as a regular move. It's too situational.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I've found out a second way to do the BCAT:
SH fair>quickdraw & hit backwards
I've been doing this all day and it seems to be an easier way to do the BCAT instead of SHDA
EDIT: Nair also works

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Shadow Moth: I'll find a way to make it work.

UncleSam: Yeah that's what I had originaly, that the BCAT could be done after all those things. Then someone told me to make it just the SHDA thing.
I've never been able to do it consistently so I've never been sure about it. In any case thanks for sharing the info, I'll add it to the Note of the BCAT now.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Hey Fox, I'm taking a little break before starting the arrow video, ok?

There are a few threads I want to make this week, and they're a little time-consuming. >_<

So I should probably start the arrow video sometime next week or at the end of this week.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Toon Link boards.

Replacing the old stickies.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
AHHH! No!!! =(

Fox, can you please link me to the pictures you wanted for the Op like last time?
The site I used to host the pictures randomly deleted most of mine.

Again, sorry! But if you can link me to the pictures again, I'll edit them again.

Everis755

Smash Cadet
Ok it's added! (Can anyone think of anything better then Running Bomb Pick Up?)
After testing it, I realised it's better then I thought. Instead of having to put the Joystick in neutral half a rolls length away and then hit A, I realised that as long as the Joystick is in neutral when you hit A, you can be right on top of it. This just makes it way quicker and adds a little slide.

I wouldn't really call it an AT, but this is an AT and Tricks thread.
could this be something utilized against DDkong's naners? or is this strictly on bombs? havn't tried this out yet. too lazy to plug in my wii =(

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
This is the BEST thread on this site. Period.
I appreciate man. But Sasuke is right as usual....... I'm glad it helped!
Fox, can you please link me to the pictures you wanted for the Op like last time?
The site I used to host the pictures randomly deleted most of mine.

Again, sorry! But if you can link me to the pictures again, I'll edit them again.
That shouldn't be to much trouble. I'll PM you once I found them.
could this be something utilized against DDkong's naners? or is this strictly on bombs? havn't tried this out yet. too lazy to plug in my wii =(
Interesting thought. I'll check it out later on!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yep it works! I'll add the info now.

I've been making little updates here and there for a while without saying anything. I'll wait a bit longer before I officially anounce them. I want it to be worth while. But in the mean time, you are free to try find them yourselves XD. Good luck XD
Edit: Alright! The pictures work again. Thanks Sasuke!

Everis755

Smash Cadet
Yep it works! I'll add the info now.

I've been making little updates here and there for a while without saying anything. I'll wait a bit longer before I officially anounce them. I want it to be worth while. But in the mean time, you are free to try find them yourselves XD. Good luck XD
Edit: Alright! The pictures work again. Thanks Sasuke!
Glad i could help =D.

edit: I was takin a look at the ATs and i notcied the D-smash gimp. It took me a while when i first started playing to figure out that it will always do the gimped form of the D-smash before 40ish%, give or take 5-10% depending on character. If done on either edge of corneria and i think also on the edge of yoshi pipes, its a 1HKO. it has been a long time since i've practiced exploiting this, so i'm not sure on the exact figures and stages, but still it would be nice for TLs across the world to know if they ever end up there! haha.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yep the D-smash gimp is all there. Including all the stages it works on and so on. It really should be exploited more, even if you try it once or twice a match cause it can mean an early stock that could win you the game.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Sasukebowser will put up a video of me doing short hop fast falling arrows. An idea that came from using Falco in Melee with his short hop lasers. I like the idea, and it gives us another way to control the stage and mix up our projectile game .

Nehemiah

Smash Cadet
omg guys this is so great, why are so close to being able to grab with a bomb and then... a lagless grab!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Really? Potential? Sounds great, let me know what your results are or if you find anything cool.

(So what does the lagless pick up thing have to do with grabbing with a Bomb?)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Did someone say "grabbing with a bomb"?
*gets out beating stick* :mad:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh ok. Yeah I just presumed that I missed something.

Yeah I've been thinking, do we really want to figure it out? I know that sounds dumb, but think about it. If we figure it out, that will mean that Diddy will instantly get some insane chain grab, Snake will also be better off along with every other character that can get an item (Peach, Wario, ZSS so on).
How do we know that we will be able to take advantage of the tech better than anyone else?

(But yeah, it would still be good cause it means that characters like Metaknight will start to suck. I'm just thinking, thats all.)

Edit: Lol sasuke

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The only problem with that would be eventualy it would get out. Somone who is a Toon that also plays as diddy or snake or something would go and tell them. Either that or they'd figure it out when we do it to them.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Would it be possible to use charged arrows for teams, 2 vs 1. Like if a DDD is on your team, DDD can pummel and down-throw while TL charges and shoots arrows, knocking the opponent back into DDD grab range.

Also, I think it may be possible to grab while holding a bomb in hand if we catch the bomb while in our air dodge animation while being very close to the ground or touching the ground with the final few frames of the air dodge.

Top Bottom