• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Right, it took forever but I've updated again.
This update includes more videos and the Quick Dash Attack. We now have 13 AT videos!!! And more to come! Just not right now. I hope you guys are happy with what I've got so far.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
^It's not called the never ending list for nothing XD.

Cool, another quick update. This one includes the Bomb Fake Out, the Double Bomb Fake Out and their vid. I hope that ASF1nk is happy with what I got, if not, then no drama's. Just let me know what you would like edited and you can consider it done. Just as soon as I'm on next.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I'll want to add the arrow+bomb combinations I had in my vid. I'll format them for you soon.

I'm talking about things like Full hop/ Bomb pull/ bomb throw/ arrow cancel.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Do you mean add the full hop, bomb pull, bomb throw, quickdraw as an AT? I'm not sure. If I was to add it then I'd have to add stuff like SH, Bomb pull, quickdraw and SH, Bomb Throw, quickdraw. I'm not sure if I would call that stuff Advanced Techniques, it's more like Advanced Spam. I think I have to draw the line somewhere.

So yeah, even though that stuff is good to know and keep in mind, I would hesitate to add it in the AT thread. I hope you understand.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Aww, I was so excited too. Lobos, thats already in the list, kinda. It's explained in the Sliding Jab that you can also slide with anything else in the same way (maybe I should make it more specific). But thanks for helping, I'm sure there are a lot of old stuff I don't know about.

Right! I've Updated the Bomb Fake Out with the new ways to do it, I've added that other video by ASF1nk and I've even given him partial credit for the Bomb Fake Out. I wish I could give you full credit but the other guys reckon it was already discovered, so my hands are tied.
So anyway, if anyone doesn't understand fully how to do all the Bomb Fake Out stuff in both vids, then you've come to the right place. Check it out!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'll get right to making a video of it. =)

I was capturing all the bomb tech that I missed for my "Guide to Using Toon Link's Bombs" tutorial just now, and I was using your list. Great list, might I add. Adding more colors would be nice, but it's very organized.

EDIT: S***! I didn't record them in widescreen....

*slams face on keyboard*

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@TWiNKatGC: Thanks man. It's good to know that the list is coming in handy. Yeah and I pity you about the widescreen thing XD. Does that mean you have to do it all again or is it still ok, just less ok then what it would have been.

Anyway. I've done another update! This time I've re-worded the Bomb Fake Out and the Double Bomb Fake Out and....
We have a New AT! It's called Platform Bombing, it's like Slope Bombing only without the Slope!
Check it out!

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
Yo, on the DBFO you forgot to put fair and dash attack to re-catch, which are the easiest ways to re-catch since you're already going forward.

Other than that great job. ;D

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
It's in the How to Perform: I've got at the end of how to perform "Dash Forwards and catch the Bomb with Dash attack (or any SH aerial)."
Don't worry you probably just got confused with what I put in the Note: about catching it with C-stick for the Bair, Uair and Dair to make it easier.

Thanks for the comment!

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
It's in the How to Perform: I've got at the end of how to perform "Dash Forwards and catch the Bomb with Dash attack (or any SH aerial)."
Don't worry you probably just got confused with what I put in the Note: about catching it with C-stick for the Bair, Uair and Dair to make it easier.

Thanks for the comment!
lolol I see now you're right dumb me. xD ;lrn2read;

@TWiNKatGC: Thanks man. It's good to know that the list is coming in handy. Yeah and I pity you about the widescreen thing XD. Does that mean you have to do it all again or is it still ok, just less ok then what it would have been.
All the clips I recorded today, I have to do them all over again. It's okay though. I still got tomorrow.

I was wondering why those videos didn't stretch right...:laugh:

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
oo ooo can we add to the list? I was playin today and i made a bomb bounce off the timed explosion of another bomb it was cool, couldnt do it a 2nd time though.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Bounce off the explosion of another Bomb? Sounds cool. I'll look into it! I'll be sure to let you know if I find anything.
So do you remember how you did it? I'm assuming the timed explosion Bomb was already Z-dropped (But where and how?). So my question is, how did the second Bomb get next to the first Bomb in time to bounce off the explosion. Did you drop it on top of it? Was it already sitting next to it? Did you Z-drop the Bomb next to the other Bomb just before the first Bomb blew up?

In other words, I need more info!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Hey Fox, if its ok with you, I'm gonna try o make vids for all the techs we don't have vids for.

And organize them in videos like "bomb tricks" "arrow tricks" ect.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@Sasuke: Are you serious? That would be so cool man!
@DTL: Well from the sounds of it there will be one eventually, but no, there isn't one at the moment.

Edit: Cool, as it turns out, this was my 300th post!

Nehemiah

Smash Cadet
Do people actually use these in a match? cause a lot of these are like either
  • take too long to setup
  • doesn't work effectively
  • useless yet flashy
  • self hazard

Some of the techs I do use are...

Short hop bair-> reverse quick draw
short hop zair
short hop zair with bomb
short hop zair-> short hop nair-> quickdraw
short hop double bomb -> quickdraw (occassionally, sometimes I fail when rushing)
short hop double air (well who doesn't? it's just great)
hyphen smash
bair combo
bair combo->spike
bomb pull-> front smash (once)
tether edgegaurd
sliding upb into edge grab (once and it did a spike O.o)
100% working spike (not safe spike)
dsmash gimp
jab cancel (doesn't work much anymore I think I used it too much, people instantly grab after the first hit cause the first hit doesn't do a hit stun)

and others not mentioned

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@Nehemiah: A lot of the things on that list aren't really AT's, like SH, any aerial quickdraws.
But to answer your question, it all depends on the person. Now obviously some AT's are more commonly used than others, but just because most people don't use a certain AT, that doesn't neccessarily mean it's worthless or isn't used by a few people. These same few people would think that the AT is very useful. So yeah, as I said, it all depends on the person.

Recently I was discussing whether or not I should put a usefulness rating out of ten under every AT. But we decided against it for pretty much the same reasons I have said. Like everyone would have their own opinion and there would be many heated arguments because one person reckons an AT is useless but the other person uses it all the time to great effect.

I hope you roughly understand what I'm saying. Thanks for the input!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok, I've updated again!
This time I've added the Electric Slide and it's video. (the Electric Slide is what Lobos named the Sliding F-smash with a Bomb thing, such a great name.)
I've also proof read the whole thread. (!!!so much, oh my gosh!!!)
I've re-named the Sliding Jab to the Pivot Slide because you can perform any action and slide, not just the Jab so it just made sense.
And finally I've re-worded some of the techs to make it easier to understand.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
haha its a random name.

Fox, I'll get that video up either tonight or tomorrow night. =)

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I have a question:

Is there a difference between the hyphen smash and a regular sliding up-smash?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Sasuke: Ok nice, I look forward to viewing it! (Dude, check out my last comment in the back room.)

Shadow Moth: I always thought that the Hyphen Smash was the regular Sliding U-smash.
The Hyphen Smash is simply, Run, C-stick up. Nothing too special, yet such a great name.
Then the other way to do a sliding U-smash is of course the DACUS (Dash Attack Canceled U-smash) this is harder and from what I could make out, possibly slightly delayed. But other then that, it's no different, just harder. Toon doesn't slide any further.
Then I suppose you could also include the Pivot Slide U-smash.
But yeah, the Hyphen Smash is the normal way to do a sliding U-smash.

Besides, since when is this the question and answer thread? But it's cool, I honestly don't mind answering questions concerning AT's.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Updated with Sasukes awe inspiring (hey I thought it would be a change from awesome) sweet Video!

It was so good to see someone else do Platform Bombing for the first time!
So Sasuke, are you going to eventualy make a vid for every section (maybe not General) in this thread? Cause if you where planning to, then the hard part is already done. The Bomb AT's take up like half of this thread.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Yeah I'm going to do the rest.

Then maybe make videos of my own stuff.

OH YEAH THE UP-B THING.
._.

Okay, basically you can control your momentum off the ledge completely with it and it cancels immediately into a aerial.
It looks much better then it sounds and makes TL a LOT faster offstage/ on platforms.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Sweet stuff! I look forward to checking them out.

So, the Up-B thing. Is this new? Or are you talking about one of the Up-B techs that are in the list, that you would like me to add more information about? If it's new then, how do you do it and so on?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It's a practical use for the previously useless SAFC tech. ^_^

Top Bottom