• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

Megapants

Smash Apprentice
@ MegaPants: Cool name btw. Yeah you don't want to spam the B button. Just SH and use B straight away, then Hit B again as soon as you can (Just before he touches the ground). You'll find that you have to hit B slightly earlier then when He is supposed to quickdraw. Also I wouldn't recomend slowing down the speed because the timing is all different.
Thanks for the tip! :)

I'm so frustrated with this still. I can consistently do a bomb pull to quickdraw, aerials to quickdraw, bomb throw to quickdraw, but not SHDA! It's driving me nuts! D: I'll get it down eventually, though.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It just takes some practice and getting used to.

Don't worry about it. After a while it comes natural. =)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Right, I went back and corrected a few spelling errors and so on. I suppose next time I update I'll just add that last Stage Specific AT. This got me thinking, what next? I knew at some point it would come to this and I would have listed every AT that we know and I would simply have to wait until myself or someone else finds another. So obviously if you can think of anything else, let me know but it will come to a point where this thread will slow down and there won't be any more huge updates (Hopefully by then this would be stickied). I suppose what I'm really asking is first of all, are we at that point now where there is nothing else to do? Secondly, whether we are at that point now or not, what happens then? I suppose this thread will become the place to go for new guys to learn what we figured out up until this point and a reference guide for everyone else. Then I'll just update it once we've found something else new. And lastly do you have any more suggestions as to how I could make this thread better in any way?

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
Wow those are a lot of AT's, nice list. I am having a problem doing the Battle Christ Arrow, every time I hit backwards I always seem to just look at that direction and shoot instead of the arrow coming behind me.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Hey fox! I was trying to find a way for me to move while doing my a jabs to grab. Seems like the sliding jab technqiue I found here might be it? Problem is I cant seem to get it to work at all : ( I can do sliding bomb but sliding jabs doesnt seem to work for me. Are you literally moving and aaa jabbing at same time? Seems like a useful move.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow those are a lot of AT's, nice list. I am having a problem doing the Battle Christ Arrow, every time I hit backwards I always seem to just look at that direction and shoot instead of the arrow coming behind me.
Yeah this is the one AT that I still have problems with. I really don't know what to tell you. Maybe someone else could help you here. Sorry I couldn't help.
Hey fox! I was trying to find a way for me to move while doing my a jabs to grab. Seems like the sliding jab technqiue I found here might be it? Problem is I cant seem to get it to work at all : ( I can do sliding bomb but sliding jabs doesnt seem to work for me. Are you literally moving and aaa jabbing at same time? Seems like a useful move.
The Sliding Jab and the Sliding Throw are done exactly the same way. The only difference is in one your obviously holding a bomb and they have slightly different timing. And yes, for record, in the Sliding Jab you Jab and slide at the same time. Now from what I can gather from your message, you want to do a Sliding Jab Cancel Grab. In theory this should work and could be quite useful. So your having trouble doing the Sliding Jab, is there anything about it you don't understand? I'll try explain it again off the top of my head. You run in one direction, Pivot, then just as your moving off in the other direction you hold A, this will do your Jab Combo while sliding. Now if you wanted to then Cancel the Jabs into a grab, you would simply hit Down during your Jabs and then Grab. All untested, but I see no reason why this shouldn't work. If your still unsure about anything then you'll need to be more specific, for example is it the timing or something.

Alzi

Smash Master
I'm having trouble doing the Pivot Walking:

How to Perform: Hold A, Walk in one direction, Press the C-stick in a 45 degree Up and Backwards angle, continue pressing the C-stick in the same way at the right time.

So i hold A then i walk in one direction i do press the C-stick in that certain way and hold it there but nothing happens he just stays in the same spot. Does the c-stick go all the way to the end or is it half way up in that angle?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
That's the way I used to do it, but it is to hard to set up that way. Now I just do it the legitimate way. Instead of doing all the button pressing (I had even changed L to attack for this) just walk in one direction, move the control stick quickly in the opposite direction (Not all the way though. That makes you turn...fully....) and then press the stick back to the direction you're walking. This takes A LOT more practice, but it's pretty helpful. I still do the other way as a taunt using the other way.

Alzi

Smash Master
Ok i'll try again if not i'll just use the control stick and practise it until i get the hang of it.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
No worries man.

Right, I've done the last update which means it's all done, at least until something else is found.
As usual, if you find/remember anything, please let me know.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Another Update!!!
This update features awesome AT's like, the Glide Reversal, the Instant Bomb Throw and The SHDB. The Glide Reversal can be found (obviously) in the Boomerang Gliding Techs and the Instant Bomb Throw and The SHDB can both be found in the Bomb Catching Techs. Your going to love these new techs, I just know it.
I'll be hearing from ya!

Hyro

Smash Lord
Hey if you can, add to my SHDB that it can be done with a various method by dropping a bomb on a platform first, then bomb pulling, short hopping and throw to instathrow. I'm making a vid of it soon.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
These new techs are great just trying out the short hop double bomb. This insta bomb thing is great too, ive done it before but never knew how. Now i finaly know how to ZAC bomb throw.. Running towards your opponent short hop, drop the bomb catch it again and insta throw, really great mix up. Its also good mix up when you run with a bomb to opposite direction of your opponent so your not facing them, then ZAC, then reverse insta throw the bomb towards your foe facing them again. Oh the possibilities. Thanks again guys. Nice find Hyrulian

Vilt

Smash Lord
Something that I've pulled off alot of the edge is a footstool-dair spike. I dunno if you would consider that an AT but something people may want to know if not known already.

awesome guide btw

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
DemonicToonLink: Thank you so much! Not only have you given me a great video, you've also given me a great idea! I've Added your video to the New Section in my thread "Advanced Technique Videos". I've finally got something else to work on! I will now (not right now) compile a whole bunch or AT videos to add to that list and because DemonicToonLink was the first to give me this idea (and Vid) his video will be the first on the list.

More good news!!! We have a New way to perform The Safe Spike! That makes four ways to do it now. This way means that we can perform the Safe Spike anywhere off stage! It's all added, all updated and all done. Check it out and let me know what you think.

(If you have any videos that you would like me to add, to save me from any unecessary hunting around, then by all means post it and I'll add it (probably).

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Some good combinations from full jumps in terms of projectiles. Definitely will start using some.

ZeroXMachine

Smash Apprentice
I was just about to suggest a section for AT videos, but DTL got me. gj.

You should add Hyrulian's videos into that bottom section.

Also, this should be stickied. A printer-friendly version would be awesome. I'm really needy, I know.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok. I've added 2 new vids. Both of H_R's recaps!

@DemonicToonLink: Hey no worries about adding your vid. I wasn't sure if you wanted me to add your second vid. Let me know either way.

@Nehemiah: Hearing that almost makes it all worth while. Thanks for the feedback.

@ZeroXMachine: As I said, the other vids are up. Good hearing from you again. About that printer friendly version, How do you do it? But yeah I'd love to help you out.

I'll look around for more Vids and update, some other time, maybe tomorrow.

ZeroXMachine

Smash Apprentice
@ZeroXMachine: As I said, the other vids are up. Good hearing from you again. About that printer friendly version, How do you do it? But yeah I'd love to help you out.

I'll look around for more Vids and update, some other time, maybe tomorrow.
I'm gonna try to make a .docx version of this that is printer-friendly. I'll send it to you when I'm done with it.

Top Bottom