• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

AurebeshX

Smash Rookie
Wow, this was really helpful! Thanks to all those who contributed.

I can't wait to beat the crap out of some people......

Vyrulint24

Smash Rookie
i have allmost all of these AT's down except the arrow stuff... i cant SHDA or QD for the life of me, prolly has somethign to do with my timing. if u could help or anyone else could give some advice it would be 100% appreciated : ]

thanx in advance!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
So I'm working on this thing that involves ibombing as you land, grabbing the bomb, and then shielding. @_@

To like, protect you as you land close to your opponent. >_>

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey Sasuke, thanks for getting that picture ready. It's been added and looks great!
So I'm working on this thing that involves ibombing as you land, grabbing the bomb, and then shielding. @_@

To like, protect you as you land close to your opponent. >_>
Now, are you talking about doing the Invincibomb Drop, picking the Bomb up off the ground and then shielding the blast of the timed explosion? Or are you Invincibombing then instantly grabbing the Bomb before it explodes in mid air, then, shielding?
I don't think I'm getting it. If you grab the Bomb, why do you need to shield? Unless you mean you Invincibomb, grab the Bomb in mid air then shield their attacks?
Yeah I'm lost, could you please try to explain again? (my bad man)

Wow, this was really helpful! Thanks to all those who contributed.

I can't wait to beat the crap out of some people......
I'm glad this helped. You've gotta remember though, you need to know more then just AT's to win (this means a lot coming from me btw XD), you also need to learn the character matchups and stuff like that as well.

i have allmost all of these AT's down except the arrow stuff... i cant SHDA or QD for the life of me, prolly has somethign to do with my timing. if u could help or anyone else could give some advice it would be 100% appreciated : ]

thanx in advance!
You really need to learn the SHDA and the Quickdraw. Just try Short hopping and shooting an arrow as soon as you can. Then when you've got that, even if you don't think it will work, simply hit B again before Toon's feet touch the ground and it will work. Then it's just about practice and soon, you will get to learn the timing of the quickdraw. After you've mastered the SHDA try to quickdraw some of Toon's SH aerials like Bair, Nair and Fair.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
ibombing, then re-grabbing the bomb with A right as you land (which takes like, a frame or two?), then shielding. So they only have that little margin of catching the bomb to hit you.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Just tried it, it's pretty cool man! Have you found any cool uses for it? I can see it being used every time we Ibomb close to the ground, just in case the Bomb misses them, to avoid the blast and protect ourselves.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I've just been practicing it a little and messing around with it.
If I find anything cool, I'll tell you. ^_^;

Vyrulint24

Smash Rookie
Thanx Fox. i practiced it for like an hour yesterday but didnt get any results today i will. yeh ive been playing Link for 8 months as my main and got tired of the slowness so i switched to TL, this guide has been rather helpfull thanx to all that contributed :]

Radori Nighthawk

Smash Apprentice
Wow, SHDAD is rather tough. I mean mastering SMSSHDA was tough enough. Now that I think about it, I can only do it when TL is facing the left. <_< *Pouts*

Also, iZAC is rather tough as well. Gah. So much tech skill needed with us. >_<

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow, SHDAD is rather tough. I mean mastering SMSSHDA was tough enough. Now that I think about it, I can only do it when TL is facing the left. <_< *Pouts*

Also, iZAC is rather tough as well. Gah. So much tech skill needed with us. >_<
Yeah you've gotta be pretty patient to master some of the techs. Those ones are really awesome if you can master them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw-3ryOHS6k&fmt=18
SHFF Quick Draws

Doing the short hop double arrow to me is more of a long range option. This however is good for mid range, and constant use of it is good control of the ground. Just not as good as Falco's lasers...
I like! It could definitely come in handy. I'll add the SHFF Quickdraw and the vid now.

Edit: And I'm all done. You may also notice that yesterday I made it all colour coded, sort of. It makes it easier to know where abouts you are in the thread because it is becoming easier to get lost in there. Also, yesterday, for any of you really dedicated people out there that study the thread every day (what you don't?!?), you may also have noticed that I added the Pivot Jump Canceled Up-smash.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah fair enough.
At the moment it says you can cancel it with any aerial and the next line says you can follow up with anything you want.
I spose I could make it a little more clear. Thanks for letting me know, I'll edit it now.

Radori Nighthawk

Smash Apprentice
SHDAD is really flashy now that I've done it a couple times. But it's REALLY hard. >_< Not to practical either. :(

I'm gettin' the hang of iZAC and it's REALLY useful when going zair to nair. You can even zair with a bomb in hand to an iZAC'd nair to a quickdraw. But that's difficult for no reason. @_@

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
SHDAD is really flashy now that I've done it a couple times. But it's REALLY hard. >_< Not to practical either.

I'm gettin' the hang of iZAC and it's REALLY useful when going zair to nair. You can even zair with a bomb in hand to an iZAC'd nair to a quickdraw. But that's difficult for no reason. @_@
SHDAD is relatively situational. It all depends on where your opponent is when you do it. If they are within the blast radius but not too close so the Bomb blows up in your face, then it is awesome. Otherwise, not so much, just flashy.
Man I envy anyone who can pull off the IZAC consistently. I will be the first to admit that I still can't. I really need to just sit down one day and learn it. Good luck with it.
This thread helped quite a lot. Learned quite a few bomb/arrow techs. Good read.
I'm glad it helped. I appreciate your feedback.
I'm on my dads iphone!!!
Shdad is pretty useless. Fugedabootit
Yeah I've already said what I think about the SHDAD. It's funny that you think so little of it when you're the one who discovered it XD.
But anyway.

D.white

Smash Rookie
I dunno if this is something new or not so don't get mad at me, but I figured out how to plant a C4 on the edge of the stage near a ledge. While on the ledge holding a Bomb press (y/x) the jump button and press Z at the right time (or just constantly press Z right after pressing y/x) to put a perfect C4 on the edge of the stage.

Yes I know it is a useless trick but it is a for sure way to plant a C4 on the ledge.

Sorry if this is old news..... but I just figured it out I dunno if this was discovered yet...

It's a FOR SURE C4 but only on the ledge... this might be a useless trick...

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@ D.white: Yeah man it's known. And don't worry, I'm not the type that would get mad at you.
Thanks for trying.

For the record, it's in the Bombs section, in Ledge Techs and it's called Ledgehop Bombing

@Sasuke: Hey don't worry man. I look forward to seeing it when it's done. As usual, just PM me if your unsure about anything.

D.white

Smash Rookie
Ok thanks Fox. Now I'm trying to put some combos into it. I'll look up in the bombs section to see if I can combo anything to it.

Also a question. Can a C4 near the ledge disrupt Ike's Up-B? I don't have a second player to help me out on that.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
i didnt see this in the list so im posting i was messin around in the waiting room and i threw a bomb up to do the instant throw but instead i caught the bomb and instatnly idropped it it made the sound like i caught it to guess you could trick your opp if there volumes up theyll hear you catch it but you drop it behiind you i also got hit off the ledge of bf threw a bomb and it hit the ground and bounced across the stage

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Also a question. Can a C4 near the ledge disrupt Ike's Up-B? I don't have a second player to help me out on that.
I wouldn't think so, that things like unstoppable. Unless it blew up at the right time, then maybe. And even then you could have just thrown it.
i didnt see this in the list so im posting i was messin around in the waiting room and i threw a bomb up to do the instant throw but instead i caught the bomb and instatnly idropped it it made the sound like i caught it to guess you could trick your opp if there volumes up theyll hear you catch it but you drop it behiind you i also got hit off the ledge of bf threw a bomb and it hit the ground and bounced across the stage
Ok the first one, you just caught it with the Invincibomb, nothing new. You probably just didn't move the joystick far enough in any direction.
The second one, if I understand it right, is very interesting. Are you telling me that you where off stage, you threw a bomb on stage when you were sort of level with the stage, and the Bomb didn't explode on impact? Instead it bounced along a bit? The Diddy's have something similar to this, I've tried it many times but I've never been able to make it work. Let me know if this is what you're talking about and if it is, I'll try to re-create it.

ninjablah

Smash Cadet
thanks

thanks this stuff really helped alot and they are really cool tricks i think it helped my toon like improve alot

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I feel pretty pathetic...

Out of all of the ATs that I have attempted to do, I cannot master Battle Christ's Arrow Trick >.> ive tried to get it down so many times D=
keep trying and don't over do yourself. Take it slowly if you have to. You'll eventually get it.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I find it easier to do it out of an aerial than the SHDA try it w/ Nair or Fair
and I'll show off too sometimes;)
EDIT: that mix-up/combination picture is hilarious
I wonder why I didn't notice it before

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm sure it's a bit obvious to everyone here, but did you know if you have a bomb on the ledge, you can just take it back by pressing Z? I know it sounds stupid but lets throw in a scenario, lets say you decide to mess with your opponent while on the ledge so you jump and such and manage to place two bombs down on the ledge, on your third jump just take it back and use it. Could be good for a little clever trick, how useful, it would vary I'm sure.

=/

just throwing that out there. Right now I'm messing around on training mode to try to come up with some tricks or something.

Edit: I did come up with something. Bomb Roll Tackle. Pull out a bomb, wait for it when the bomb gets to it's final frames of blowing up and then dodgeroll toward your opponent. It's like I bombing only using an unpunishable dodgeroll. What it can be followed up with I have not found out yet. I did make a video but youtube is saying it's having an unknown error uploading my vid, so fro now I can't really show you guys.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
thanks this stuff really helped alot and they are really cool tricks i think it helped my toon like improve alot
No worries man. It's good that people are still learning stuff from this.
I got this big momentum boost from reverse aerial rushing to jumping and side b. Although it may have been B-sticking.
Yeah it's known. I believe you are talking about this... (minus the quickdraw)

Retreating SHDA
This is not a SMS SHDA. This is a RAR, SH, B-reversal, quickdraw. There is a difference.
How to Perform: Run in one direction (towards your opponent), pivot then instantly SH (RAR), hit B then instantly hit Backwards, Quickdraw.
Effect: Toon will run in one direction, jump backwards in the original direction, Reverse his momentum and the way he is facing and shoot, then quickdraw. Once done quickly it looks like Toon runs in one direction then instantly jumps backwards (retreats) and shoots two arrows in the one SH.
Note: This is a great spacing tool and is for most characters, unpunishable.
Stages: All

I feel pretty pathetic...

Out of all of the ATs that I have attempted to do, I cannot master Battle Christ's Arrow Trick >.> ive tried to get it down so many times D=
Hey don't worry, that's one of the harder ones to master. Just keep at it. Try doing it at a slightly different timing every time. Eventually you should stumble upon the correct timing, then it's just a matter of practise. (Well that's how I learnt anyway, hope it helps.)
EDIT: that mix-up/combination picture is hilarious
I wonder why I didn't notice it before
XD I'm glad you like it. I put a lot of thought into picking the pictures. You should thank Sasuke as well, he made it possible for them to be used and fixed them up for me.
I'm sure it's a bit obvious to everyone here, but did you know if you have a bomb on the ledge, you can just take it back by pressing Z? I know it sounds stupid but lets throw in a scenario, lets say you decide to mess with your opponent while on the ledge so you jump and such and manage to place two bombs down on the ledge, on your third jump just take it back and use it. Could be good for a little clever trick, how useful, it would vary I'm sure.
I've got a rough idea what your talking about. I'll check it out for ya.
Edit: I did come up with something. Bomb Roll Tackle. Pull out a bomb, wait for it when the bomb gets to it's final frames of blowing up and then dodgeroll toward your opponent. It's like I bombing only using an unpunishable dodgeroll. What it can be followed up with I have not found out yet. I did make a video but youtube is saying it's having an unknown error uploading my vid, so fro now I can't really show you guys.
Yeah I've known about being able to do this for a while now. I didn't think it would be very useful because of how long it takes for the Bomb to explode by itself. Still, I spose it's good to keep in mind, I just think that it would be a little situational. I hope you understand. Don't give up though, let me know if you find anything else.

(Wow that was a long post)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Event if it is situational it still doesn't mean it has to be shot down. I'll work with it more and see what I can develop from it, I'm sure there is something that TL can do.

Also snatching the bomb back from the ledge is easy, just place a bomb on the ledge by falling down and press Z before you grab the ledge, that will drop it, then do the same for a second one, then jump and press Z and you will grab the bomb closest to you, if anything for this to work would be highly situational, but I'm sure someone could make use of it and add it to some cool combo.

Edit: all I can think of that is somewhat useful is Bair Bomb. from experimentation it's usually good on recovering opponents, though if you wanted to you could use it on stage, it's most effective starting around 95%. It can kill sometimes, though the kill is situational, seeing if they you opponent does try to recover from a high altitude. Other than that I got nothing.

Edit2: Also apparently TL's shield can deflect bombs at point blank range even if his back is turned to you. Lol fail on my part discovering that when throwing a bomb at him at point blank range, also when I ran and threw it at him to where it was close to point blank, the bomb still was deflected. I really don't think it would have any use other than a complete situational mindgame if you know that you will be hit at that close range. But just a little thing I just found.

Nehemiah

Smash Cadet
Yea but the bomb takes a while to explode so you're better off just ibombing it, this would work better for snake because his bombs explode faster, do more damage, and has a big radius

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yea but the bomb takes a while to explode so you're better off just ibombing it, this would work better for snake because his bombs explode faster, do more damage, and has a big radius
There's plenty of things you can do with a bomb in your hand, so it's not like I'm saying for it to work you have to stand there like an idiot and wait for it to go off. So just regular bombing won't cut it. The whole point of bombing is being creative and out of the box, doing the unexpected.

Just think of the options you have with a bomb in your hand, at the top of my head:
Zairing
using other projectiles
drop quickly to perform aerials

Those will burn the fuse on the bomb and if you had the chance, if you skillfully coordinated it, could perform the tackle and it could also throw off your opponent/ catch them off guard. So it's not useless. Sure it's not something like Santi's bomb kill, but it's something that can be used and it it's not as situational as it seems. I could see Hyro (Hyrulian Royalty) using it, seeing as he is beast for projectile walls and such. He could make it happen.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
When u said tackle I immediately thought of TL running straight to the opponent putting up his shield the bomb explodes and u jump cancel usmash out of shield D:. lol me and my imagination.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
When u said tackle I immediately thought of TL running straight to the opponent putting up his shield the bomb explodes and u jump cancel usmash out of shield D:. lol me and my imagination.
I call it a tackle because when I was doing it, it looked almost like TL was tackling his target.

Top Bottom