• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NBA Playoffs

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
LAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come back after trailing by 20

GOD I HATE THE SPURS!!!!!

KOOOOBBEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
The Lakers should be really, REALLY worried. A spurs team that got no sleep, had one of their best players get his finger messed up, and would have won if not for some really crappy calls almost beat the Lakers at home. ( I'm a Heat fan) The Spurs look like they've got this thing under control. the Lakers won all of they're games at home by alot and then the spurs came in and in game 1 almost got them. Be afraid be very Afraid. watch Duncan show gasol how a real post defender plays ball. the X-factor for the Lakers is Odom. 'Nuff said.

markgrant1st

Smash Rookie
Well , let me change the topic a little, Who is the Fan of PARKER here ?? I like his game he is not as tall as other players but very skillful.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I don't know: San Antonio showed that they can win when they really need to on the road and the Celtics, while losing their perfection at home, still have the advantage in the series.

Nevertheless, I really think the four best teams made it to the conference finals.

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
LOL, nope, I want my Pistons to **** those Celtics.

This'll be a 2004 Finals remtach :D

And if they couldn't win with kobe and Shaq, they won't win with Kobe and Gasol against a much better Piston team :D

But the Lakers rising from the cellar of the NBA back to Western Conference Finals contention gives my Bulls hope.

Here's a funny gif to show how the Lakers feel right now.

iankobe

Smash Lord
LOL, nope, I want my Pistons to **** those Celtics.

This'll be a 2004 Finals remtach :D

And if they couldn't win with kobe and Shaq, they won't win with Kobe and Gasol against a much better Piston team :D

But the Lakers rising from the cellar of the NBA back to Western Conference Finals contention gives my Bulls hope.

Here's a funny gif to show how the Lakers feel right now.

LMFAOOOO

DANG that's freakin hilarious! Its gonna be my signature!

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Oh I am soo glad I found this thread! I have been a celtics fan for the past 5 years(so no bandwaggoning for all you Mike Bibby's out there) and finally I get this great Boston season and I am loving it! Game 6 is all Celtics and the rivalry will be formed again in the finals ;)

iankobe

Smash Lord
Sorry to say, but the Celtics aren't a team.

Its just group of guys gathered together for one year. But, I wanna see Boston win nonetheless.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Oh I forgot to mention I live in orange county in a house full of lakers fans so its that much tougher for me >.<

@iankobe

As opposed to the Lakers being just Kobe =P

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I sure hope the Pistons can pull it off. The series has been a slugfest for sure with each team winning every other game. So it's gonna be the Lakers afterall. I'm suprised the Spurs weren't able to make it a bigger series. They really only got blown out in one game. Expect them to be back in 2009 though; for they seem to win the Championship on the odd years. (99, 03,05,07)

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Even though I don't much care for Boston area sports teams, I think the Celtics are gonna win the Pistons series in 6 games, then go on to win the NBA Championship in 6.

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
...for anyone who said, or "called," a spurs victory in the western conference, i hate you very much...hate you, hate you, hate you and have no respect for you whatsoever (this goes double for peeze)

....socal's lakers are headin to the finals...god that feels good to say

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Come on pistons you can beat em!!

I don't wanna see all this Boston vs. LA bullcrap.

They are gonna wh0re the hell out of it.
I sortof know what you mean but its sadly part of basketball...you can' t escape the legends no matter how much you want to move on...hell I am tired of every Celtics and Pistons game where they bring up the legends and the classic rivalry. My brother is a hard core Lakers fan and he is pretty positive the C's will win tomorrow.

I hate that we have to wait until June 5th for the finals though >.<

Here is something to chew on in the meantime...

I heard that the easy Gasol trade was in response to the big three being formed in Boston, what do you guys think? Also did anyone else lol at Rasheed's thrust that got him in trouble...well that and yelling at the ref.:laugh: Love that guy.

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
I sortof know what you mean but its sadly part of basketball...you can' t escape the legends no matter how much you want to move on...hell I am tired of every Celtics and Pistons game where they bring up the legends and the classic rivalry. My brother is a hard core Lakers fan and he is pretty positive the C's will win tomorrow.

I hate that we have to wait until June 5th for the finals though >.<

Here is something to chew on in the meantime...

I heard that the easy Gasol trade was in response to the big three being formed in Boston, what do you guys think? Also did anyone else lol at Rasheed's thrust that got him in trouble...well that and yelling at the ref.:laugh: Love that guy.
gasol will definately help during the finals, but i think the trade was initially made in order to get to this point...the western conference was so fierce that they realized they werent going to make it very far without a capable center, especially after losing Bynum

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
As I recall, the Pistons have made the Eastern Conference Finals six straight seasons, but only advanced to the NBA Finals twice. With the Celtics now needing to win one more game to advance, it seems most likely that we will see a Lakers-Celtics match, a match-up that has been hyped too much, but would still like to see.

Prediction: Lakers vs. Celtics (Lakers win the series 4-2)

Top Bottom