• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NBA Playoffs

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
wow... the refs in the Utah game were pathetic. but even though Kobe got a lot off crap calls, the lakers still played well and won. watch D-will in game 2 and see if he's so passive.
gasol was pretty ineffective and the Lakers had better learn how to rebound if they know whats good for them. Watch out for Dtroit, the sixers awakened a monster!

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I can't believe how poorly officiated the last couple games for the Celtics have been.. its time they step it up anyways though.
I think it was good for this to happen, it'll surely slap them in the face and call for regrouping.

Their potential is very very high. However, if they're the type of team that can get dominated by individual star players,(Joe johnson did it to them, and so did Smith) then they'll sorely struggle with Cleveland. No need to even mention why.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
The Spurs? Has beens coming into this year. Nothing a solid, fast paced interior team with a general of a point guard can't handle.

So far you've been proven wrong, Peeze.

Gm. 1: NOH 101, SAS 82
Gm. 2: NOH 102, SAS 84
------------------------------------------
Correction, terribly wrong.

coldkilla30

Smash Cadet
I've had so many predictions about these playoffs and i've come to the conclusion that i have no idea what's going to happen. I didn't expect the Hornets to just massacre the Spurs in those 2 games like they did. Chris Paul is ridiculous and Bruce Bowen can't guard everyone on the Hornets. Also I don't think Bynum should even play in these playoffs simply because it would mess with the whole chemistry. Too risky during the playoffs especially in the west. The Celtics shouldn't even attempt to shut down Lebron James' scoring but instead force him to get his teammates into it cuz the Cavs (excluding Lebron)are serverly overrated.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
I like the magic but yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol

my moms boyfriend likes the lakers

so i kinda like them 2

go lakers =D

MaNg0

Smash Hero
who thinks magic can beat detroit

we got this =D

dwight howard is a animal

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
Bryant has been leading his team for a while but he has been in the league for 12 years so thats why i think that it was just his time.

The pistons will do fine because if u forgot they beat the magic in 9 straight in the playoffs so Chauncy or no Chauncy they will still get the series done

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
This MVP was a lifetime achievment award to a player who had by previos standards a average season. This years MVP was far and away chris paul who showed why ( while putting up all-time-great numbers) he's a better player than Kobe Bryant. CP3 did what kobe couldn't do. he took a 34 win team and won 60. he has made more game winning plays than kobe and he made thought to be washed up losers into all stars Kobe took a 60 win team (after Pau got there and bynum showed up) and won 60. CP3 showed that he was the best player in the league this year and he got hosed. ( By the way, Lebron was better than Kobe and had better numbers and beat Kobe in their one-on-one matchup and won 50 with a 30 win team) so to Kobe I say, EAT IT! 3rd best!!!!

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
This MVP was a lifetime achievment award to a player who had by previos standards a average season. This years MVP was far and away chris paul who showed why ( while putting up all-time-great numbers) he's a better player than Kobe Bryant. CP3 did what kobe couldn't do. he took a 34 win team and won 60. he has made more game winning plays than kobe and he made thought to be washed up losers into all stars Kobe took a 60 win team (after Pau got there and bynum showed up) and won 60. CP3 showed that he was the best player in the league this year and he got hosed. ( By the way, Lebron was better than Kobe and had better numbers and beat Kobe in their one-on-one matchup and won 50 with a 30 win team) so to Kobe I say, EAT IT! 3rd best!!!!
no. its pretty much common knowledge that kobe is the most dominant basketball player, even when he didn't win the mvp.

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
But the award is for most VALUABLE player not most dominant player. And if Kobe was so dominant how come he couldn't get out of the first round after a REAL dominant player left?
Lebron was better and more dominant than Kobe this year and CP# was a better player. If you want dominant that's fine, But just ask MJ 84-90 how useful being 'Dominant' was to him. the Point is championships and you can be dominant and win championships (Shaq, D-wade, Tim duncan) and you can be dominant and not win ( Sir Charles, Nique, patrick, Wilt) But until Kobe wins another championship without shaq he still isn't as great as he can be.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Unfortunately, being from Memphis I have to cheer for the Grizzlies...who won't make the playoffs for another 10 years or so :(

However, I do want to finally see Kevin Garnett get his championship; God knows he's deserved one with all the work he did making the Timberwolves respectable during his stay.

As a side note: I remember seeing him during the 2000 Summer Olympics play in a 21 tournament with all of the other players...he destroyed them. I think he beat Vince Carter in his prime 21-7. That's just ridiculous.

Also, Dwight Howard is a beast; haven't seen any one with a body like that since David Robinson.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Unfortunately, being from Memphis I have to cheer for the Grizzlies...who won't make the playoffs for another 10 years or so :(
I'm in the same position. Miami, where I reside, didn't make the playoffs either. However, I like them because of Wade, not because I'm from Miami. Just happen to live there.

However, I do want to finally see Kevin Garnett get his championship; God knows he's deserved one with all the work he did making the Timberwolves respectable during his stay.
I agree. Allen too, and Pierce for being so **** loyal, even when they were the league's worst team.

Also, Dwight Howard is a beast; haven't seen any one with a body like that since David Robinson.
+5

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
Miami fan too. but I want Beasely so I'm kinda optimistic. And how about Mrs. 'big shot' ( Kobe) going 2-15! I think the Jazz look great and I can't wait for game 5. Boston better snap out of it or Detroit will kick their.... Yes, Dwight Howard does look like the Admiral, but David had a better outside game.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Kobe Bryant, although I hate to admit it, is the best basketball player today.

The best back then? Michael Jordan. And Before him? Dr. J, L. Bird, and Magic Johnson.

Pistol Pete was a thug too.:) **** that crazy white guy!

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
So do I. I'm a Jazz fan, and they knocked them out of the playoffs last season, one series from the Finals.
we agree on something...though friendship seems out of the question considering my lakers will have to disappoint you once again

spurs down a game...when they lose to the hornets they get completely shut out

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Alright! The Pistons are in the Eastern Conference Finals. That's awsome they've accomplished this for 6 staright years. I sure hope they can get to the finals and win it all.

~rh

Smash Lord
Man, Boston needs to win this ganme tonight.

I really, really don't want LeBron and his minions to play Detroit for conference finals. D:

Top Bottom