• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NBA Playoffs

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
This For ALL the NBA fans . I want to here Who your team is and anyother NBA discussion. I am Just a all around Detroit fan for every sport BUT I realize the celtics are going to beat everyone down

iankobe

Smash Lord
Its about time for another NBA discussion...(i was gonna make one anyway)

But I agree with you. Even though I'm a LA fan, but I gotta go with Boston this year. Before they acquired PJ Brown and Sam Cassell, I thought the Lakers can do it, but now that they've got the veterans in the mix, Boston has a huge chance.

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
looks like it's Boston's year but certain teams create matchup problems for them and I guess we'll see what happens. Don't count out the Suns just yet because if you noticed Tim Duncan was completely shut down by Shaq last game.
the Jazz look great and watch out all you Laker fans if you think the jazz are a cakewalk. 5 things to watch:

1. CP3, this kid is insane. his teamates love him and the only 2 players in the league that can shut him down are Bruce bowen and Derron williams.

2. kobe. lets see if Mr. big-hype actually can make a game winner down the stretch. and see how he fares against Kirelinko.

3. Derron williams. Always plays big and the only guy that can stop him is Bowen.

4. Magic . the most underratted team in the NBA.

5. Boozer v. Gasol. Classic.

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
Raps are the stuff. Yesterday o man, bosh aw that wuz dissapointing, jumper right inside the three point line with 1 second to go, coulda won the game. Raps are down 2 but theyll come bak and win, Celtics can't win, neither one of the big three have a decent amount of playoff experience.

lordzedd

Smash Rookie
im a clipps fan so its been a tough year... life... haha.
the lakers definitely could win it all, kobe is an amazing leader. im definitely interested in the west this year because its so close. tim duncans three pointer? its just going to get better too.
celtics will dominate the east. detroit will put up a good fight, but you can't argue with the 70 wins. they have enough experience in the playoffs, except for ray ray, and KG is the man.

iankobe

Smash Lord
looks like it's Boston's year but certain teams create matchup problems for them and I guess we'll see what happens. Don't count out the Suns just yet because if you noticed Tim Duncan was completely shut down by Shaq last game.
the Jazz look great and watch out all you Laker fans if you think the jazz are a cakewalk. 5 things to watch:

1. CP3, this kid is insane. his teamates love him and the only 2 players in the league that can shut him down are Bruce bowen and Derron williams.

2. kobe. lets see if Mr. big-hype actually can make a game winner down the stretch. and see how he fares against Kirelinko.

3. Derron williams. Always plays big and the only guy that can stop him is Bowen.

4. Magic . the most underratted team in the NBA.

5. Boozer v. Gasol. Classic.

I agree on some of them, but not all. Yeah, CP3 is having a BOMB year, but they ain't going to the finals. They have everything but experience in the playoffs, but I sure hope that they'll do good later on.

Kobe KILLS AK47... Its a no brainer.

Other than that, Lakers VS Utah will be crazy.

im a clipps fan so its been a tough year... life... haha.
the lakers definitely could win it all, kobe is an amazing leader. im definitely interested in the west this year because its so close. tim duncans three pointer? its just going to get better too.
celtics will dominate the east. detroit will put up a good fight, but you can't argue with the 70 wins. they have enough experience in the playoffs, except for ray ray, and KG is the man.
CLIPPER NATION FO SHO! But yeah. TOUGH TOUGH year. Its ok. We have EB back now and Kaman is doing excellent. We need to see what we can do with Maggette this year and hopefully we can get another good pick from the draft.

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
Why are all of you denying the fact that unless the Cavs or the pistons can beat the celtics in a 7 game series and i mean 7 whole games that no one else has a chance because they beat up the western coference.

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
its LAs year...especially with the possibility of Bynum coming back by the 2nd round (fingers-crossed)...its like phil jackson said, theyd be able to utilize a twin tower effect thatll pretty much destoy...and then of course we have mr. MVP down in SoCal (can someone say 49 points in game two against denver)...the way hes been both a distributor and the usual offensive powerhouse this season--especially following the all-star break--there really is no defense that can consistently slow him down...the best player in the NBA is gonna prove it

a lot of talk about Boston...sure, i see them in the finals...but against the purple and gold (with or without Bynum), im confident that we'll be taking it away this season

iankobe

Smash Lord
its LAs year...especially with the possibility of Bynum coming back by the 2nd round (fingers-crossed)...its like phil jackson said, theyd be able to utilize a twin tower effect thatll pretty much destoy...and then of course we have mr. MVP down in SoCal (can someone say 49 points in game two against denver)...the way hes been both a distributor and the usual offensive powerhouse this season--especially following the all-star break--there really is no defense that can consistently slow him down...the best player in the NBA is gonna prove it

a lot of talk about Boston...sure, i see them in the finals...but against the purple and gold (with or without Bynum), im confident that we'll be taking it away this season
Although I'm a LA fan, I don't agree with you.

Its sad that I'm saying this but its true. Bynum's return is still a question mark and whether or not he can contribute remains a mystery. Remember this, Bynum and Gasol has never played together before. We don't even know if they can work together or not.

But of course, I'm hoping they can. Its just not their year. It's Boston's.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
i'm just pissed off the warriors didn't make it. after they lost that game to the nuggets, i cried. it seemed like they still had some hope, but the suns beat them up. i am a golden state warriors fan, but my team for the playoffs is probably detroit

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Since the Miami Heat(Only like them because of Wade, since he got there. I'm from Miami, but that's beside the point) didn't make it and finished last in the NBA, I'm going with the Celtics. Garnett, Allen, and Pierce deserve it dearly.

Their bench also, they've been phenomenal.

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
Although I'm a LA fan, I don't agree with you.

Its sad that I'm saying this but its true. Bynum's return is still a question mark and whether or not he can contribute remains a mystery. Remember this, Bynum and Gasol has never played together before. We don't even know if they can work together or not.

But of course, I'm hoping they can. Its just not their year. It's Boston's.
if in a probable LA/Boston final, LA can play defensively like they did in game 3 against Denver, you have to admit that beating boston is more than possible.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
I don't really have a team. KG has been my favorite player for years, so I followed him over to Boston. I've jumped on the New Orleans bandwagon, and I also like Dwight Howard and the Magic.
I guess I have to say I'm a Magic fan, so.. Go Hedo!

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
They lost by 9; and no. I think the Celtics took a little bit of a night off to conserve their energy for the rest of the playoffs.
that makes sense, you hand in a game for "rest"...i guess the notion of sweeping a team and then getting several days of rest as you wait for your next opponent's series to end has become obsolete

they lost because theyre not the unstoppable force people make them out to be...boston loses to the #8 seed in the east...and lets face it, the #8 seed in the east has a worse record than the #10 seed in the west...on the other side, we have top-seeded lakers up 3-0 over the nuggets...it doesnt take much imagination to realize LA is more than capable of beating boston

on a sidenote...San Antonio lost yesterday..that made me so happy :)

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
I'm from MD, so I got the Wiz's back. However, the sun looks to be setting for them.

I think the final is gonna be Lakers/Celtics, and the Lakers win it. I think SA takes out NO in the West, and the Boston/Detroit series is gonna be close in the East. What I really wanna see is Kobe just play lights-out for the entire playoffs.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
God **** suns. They're the most inconsistent team ever. They're really good but can't keep it together and actually finish a game, let alone a series.

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
the suns need to take nash off of parker and put bell or diaw on him because nash can't defend the pick and roll. LA is getting way too much hype and hasn't beaten anyone yet. Denver has the worst D in the playoffs, so naturally the lakers look great. you got to see how Gasol reacts to a physical forward like boozer and if he can stay with him. the key matchup though is williams v. fish. so far fish has not stopped D-will and Kobe can't defend him 'cause that leave Brewer wide open . the X-factors in this series is Kyle korver and vlad radmonovic. if either of those two can get hot it's a huge bonus. Jazz in 7.

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
the Magic look dangerous right now and if Detroit Manages to beat philly they might have a fight on their hands. watch Jameer Nelson.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
WOW, Suns got robbed by the officials again. That game was ridiculous.

Duncan tripped over his own two feet and they called it on Shaq! Wtf?!

Someone's going to get fired over this... just like last year. *hmmm*

phoenix-suns

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm of obviously a Phoenix Suns fan, so I was upset today. Up until the last quarter, the calls for the series was pretty fair. Then, Duncan trips himself and Shaq is called for the foul. Later on, Nash catches an inbound pass, only to be hit away and out by Bowen (dirtiest of the dirtiest of players), Nash was called for hitting it out. BTW, the spurs should learn how to really compete and play, not flop.
At first, I was not expecting this series to turn into the same mess as last year. But, I have not seen one spurs fan admit that they got help and they are a dirty team.

In other news, Tony Parker has won best supporting actress and Ginobli with best actor.

phoenix-suns

Smash Rookie
WOW, Suns got robbed by the officials again. That game was ridiculous.

Duncan tripped over his own two feet and they called it on Shaq! Wtf?!

Someone's going to get fired over this... just like last year. *hmmm*
In past NBA playoff experiences, the NBA always screws the Suns :( Yeah, even the commentators disagreed with that play.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Go Pistons!

That sucks the Suns are gone. I really wanted them to represent the Western Conference. Anyways I'm a big Pistons fan and am glad they won tonight. They'll close out Philly, I just hope they don't put their backs to the wall like they ALWAYS do in the playoffs. It'll be an interesting matchup with the Magic if they get by.

As for the Spurs. They won't repeat. They've only been able to win on odd years (99, 03, 05, 07). Of course this is just a theory and it doesn't mean squat. But it's interesting. Spurs and Hornets will be a great matchup. Also looking forward to a Cleveland/Boston series, however the Hawks are making the series interesting. I doubt they pull off the upset though.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I can't believe how poorly officiated the last couple games for the Celtics have been.. its time they step it up anyways though.

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
theyre a good team...but in comparison to the competitive field of teams in the west, i dont think theyd hack it...a tied series with atlanta, a team that was below 500 in the regular season, seems to prove that

Top Bottom