• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NBA Playoffs

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
The Lakers will win the whole deal because in the end of games they have 8 players on the floor, (the Refs) I am not bias (Heat Fan) But a drunk popstar can see that the refs in the san-antonio LA series were terrible the spurs lost 2 games beause of crap calls in crunch time. I Believe PJ Once said that the refs should not be a major factor in a game and yet The Jazz got screwed in game 5 the Spurs got screwed in games 1, and 4 and it's pathetic. I'm not rooting for anyone but I do Hope that If they get to the finals that Detroit can show people how to play as a team. ( And even they can't figure it out)

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Best season of basketball EVER! Go Celtics! Congrats they deserved it for a hard fought playoff run!

Celtics vs Lakers!

Place your bets folks ;)

Gamble_

Smash Cadet
Man if it was Celtics and Lakers for the finals I'd want to watch it... good old days! i bet Larry Bird and Jordan would go what the? haha

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
This is so much @#$&* Im so sick and tired of the pistons getting so far and losing Im glad they fired there coach. GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ayato

Smash Apprentice
Lakers in 1. The Celtics will feel it if they don't win tonight.

The Lakers are, without a doubt, the best team in the NBA. Have been since they acquired Gasol. Gasol isn't a superstar, but he's definitely the centerpiece that the Lakers needed to fill in for Bynum. Kwame Brown was garbage. Player to player, the Lakers don't necessarily stack up to the Celtics (the particular weakness being the Gasol-Garnett matchup, in which Garnett CLEARLY overpowers Gasol with superior speed, power, and jump shooting) but all of the players are putting their usual numbers up on the board.

The Celtics are a very good team. The Lakers, though, are better suited to winning with how this is matched up. Moreover, I believe that they've clearly become a better team overall. The season records don't necessarily reflect this, but Gasol's induction revolutionized the team's dynamic. If the Lakers put this game away, and I think they will, they're going to win the whole thing with certainty.

I am willing to admit that this will be a VERY close series if the Lakers don't take game 1, though.

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
the end of game 1 boiled down to who was making shots...we had plenty of opportunities, couldnt drain em...im confident we'll take game 2.

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
Yea I have a feeling they'll steal Game 3.

(I have a personal grudge against the lakers cuz I feel they stole the glory from the Bulls)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
they need 2 win all 3 games in l.a

then hope 2 beat them one game in boston

but if they keep playing the way there play now =/

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
The Lakers are a team of contradictions. they claim to love the mythical triangle offense and they can't beat the Celtics when they use it but when Kobe 'takes over' nobody else on their team can get in rythm so unless the Lakers figure out a balance they have no shot. the Celtics are the better team and anyone can see that. their problem is jacking up shots too early near the end of games. they don't need someone to 'take over' their team is good enough to beat the
lakers by playing great defense and running their half court sets. the lakers better pray for a miracle because this looks really bad for them. Go Heat!!!

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
HUMANGOUS SPURS FAN!!!!!!!!

but kobe HAS to take it. If not this time he might as well retire. Give Celtics one more year, and the spurs some new legs and we'll see history, along with new, dynasties making the rise.

Sandoggg

Smash Apprentice
Celtics gotta get it........ KG is pretty much still kind of MN even though he's gone, pretty sure everyone in MN has his back.

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
LOL, further proof that lebron >> kobe right now.

I mean comeon, he went like 6 for 20.

If I got the minutes and attempts he did I'd average 28 points a game too. lol

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Yippie. Only one more win until the Celtics take it home.

Then Kobe can stay in Shaq's shadow all over again and hopefully the KB/MJ comparisons will finally be put to rest. Lets be honest, Kobe is not on the level.

Top Bottom