• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Myth of the Elitist Competitives

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Honestly, all these terms:Scrub, n00b, elitist, ect. are just describing people who view a person as inferior for their style of play and force their style onto others. The percentage of casuals who are scrubs are quite small, it's just that there are a lot more casuals than competatives, and the scrubs are the ones most likely to post on smashboards. Likewise the number of elitists is also very small indeed, and many people are wrongly labeled as elitist. You are not an elitist if you are defending your style that was insulted by someone else. It's when you impose your way of play on someone else, or say that their way of play is wrong, that you should be labeled by any of those terms. It's much more common to see scrubs bashing competative play than elitists bashing casual play, but that's simply because even if scrubs make a small percentage of the casual population, that small percentage is still a big number in comparison to how many competative players there are in general.

Sure competative players can get a bit defensive, but that's because of the scrubs who keep bashing our way of play, especially on the brawl boards. They keep asking us to have tournaments with items, or use smashballs, or allow certain stages, but we don't want to. It should stop right there, but then they ask for reasons. So, just to be understanding, we provide reasons for them in hopes that they might see things from our perspective. But then scrubs (not casual players) will just undermine those reasons we give and label them as unimportant. So we tell them to host their own tournaments, and then they complain because they apparently can't get one organized for some reason. What they don't realize is that it's just as hard to organize competative tournaments. And yet they want us to host tournaments specifically catered to them?
I agree. Is your right to deny the casual tournament.

Me, for instance, i entered in a competitive tournament... yet it had Yoshy's Story (GIANT version) ON. I lost in the first round versus a Falco newbye, who kept doing his dair on the ledge... yet I have problems for KOing him in horizontal. He beated me in the sudden death (serious advantage yoshi vs falco wtf)

I really DON'T like have normal rules in a competitive tourney. It just destroys the meaning of competitive gaming. That DOES NOT mean that i don't like normal play. But i prefer normal play tournaments with normal rules, and competitive tourneys with competitive rules.

I hope I clarified my point of vies (I know i have somewhat a bad reputation here)

Sorry for the english :S

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the majority of elitists are scrubs. They are typically the self-proclaimed competitive players. These are people that we (competitive players) would have called n00bs. When myself and many other competitive players saw the "high gravity mode" thread that yoshi fan just pointed out... we had a collective face palm. These are the people who make the competitive scene look bad, but do not really reflect the competitive scene much at all.

Also, lol at "christians being oppressed."
Thank you Mookie. This basically sums up the misunderstanding. Folks can get a little heated, or a little overzealous (myself included). As long as there are still rational people holding down the true ideals the scene will be fine.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I can name one. The Hypnotist.

(just fecking with you dude. We've butted heads before, but no hard feelings eh?)

Honestly though, maybe this is merely a breakdown in communications. Maybe to some people, there are competitive players that SOUND elitist to them, but don't mean to be so. It's all really a matter of perspective. Hell, I'm sure to a few people I sound like the world's biggest elitist *******!

Occam's razor anyone?

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or am i the only one who, when playing with a casual player tries to persuade them to learn some new techniques and play competativly just for the sakes of having people to fight agasint.

Casual is no problem idk why this rumor/myth has been poping up alot latley

fr0st2k

Smash Journeyman
Their "skills" at the game is irrelevant, no one is saying that everyone in MLG or anyone that attends a Tourney is Elitist, the term "tourneyf*g" doesn't mean "people who go to Tourneys all act this way", it mostly refers to people who simply adopt the Competitive Rules of the game and are completely douchebags about it and take it to the extreme.

Some guy who has never gone to a Tourney in his life, yet still refuses to play with items or play anything other than Final Destination, even when playing with friends (..assuming he has any) and *****es when they beat him with LOW TIIIEEEER characters, that's a tourneyf*g.

Did Dylan in a world championship playing Melee? No, that doesn't change that he was a gigantic douchebag about Competitive Smash and how the SCRUUUUUUBS were dumbing down his DEEEEP game and he would never touch Brawl if it didn't have Wavedashing.

The tourneyf*gs aren't Ken, or Mew2King, or even you. The Tourneyf*gs are that random kid down the street who's never gone to a tourney in his life, but god forbid you're over his house and you want to play on Big Blue with Pichu, or have Pokeballs on, because the second you do he goes into RAAAGE mode and *****es about LOW TIER and SCRUBS PLAY WITH ITEMS, and if he ever loses he'll come up with every excuse in the universe to justify why you were cheating with your RANDOM ELEMENTS BAAAWW and that if the match was on Final Destination with Fox he'd wavedash circles around you.
qft

omg , am i to understand... everyone thought i was talking about someone different?????

omg thats a huge LOL

greenblob

Smash Lord
Smashboards is a competitive forum. You don't like how we play? Get off our forum. You think we're elitist? Get off our forum.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
Anywho not sure this was posted in the large amount of posts on this thread, but 5150 does go to tournaments. As far as how good he is I would say he is probably somewhere in the middle. I don't exactly follow his tourny record, but he does go and he certainly doesn't get last. I believe he meets your criteria.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Smashboards is a competitive forum. You don't like how we play? Get off our forum. You think we're elitist? Get off our forum.
I think your kind of derailing some of the points that were trying to be made by the other competitives here as far as I've read. I don't believe gtfo is among the central points made by either side.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I'm not saying that all casual players should go away. I'm saying that if you don't like competitive play, why the hell are you here? It's like joining a Mario forum when you hate Mario. Calling competitive players "elitists" is like going to a Nintendo forum and calling people there "kiddie gamers."
Do not insult competitive Smashers in a competitive Smash forum. It's common sense.

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
I can't name a single competitive smasher who bashes casual players for being casual. But given the time, I can sure as hell find a whole **** load of people who bash competitive smashers for being competitive. It's far too common... that's the freaking problem though.

Certainly, there are casual-play bashers too, but they're as much of idiots as the competitive-play bashers. Real big idiots.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Most of the "elitist competitives" are just random idiots who know how to wavedash but aren't any good at the game.

But seriously...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm not saying that all casual players should go away. I'm saying that if you don't like competitive play, why the hell are you here? It's like joining a Mario forum when you hate Mario. Calling competitive players "elitists" is like going to a Nintendo forum and calling people there "kiddie gamers."
Do not insult competitive Smashers in a competitive Smash forum. It's common sense.
I thought the standard that this was an overall smash brothers community. This may be the largest source for competitive but I've only seen so much to suggest that's all there is to be done here. I mean everyone has to start somewhere. As far as the flaming goes I still feel much of it will go away shortly after hte game's general release.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
OH WELL I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE PEOPLE LIKE SPECULATING ABOUT BRAWL YOU KNOW.

l

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Was I talking to you? Let me quote the ironic part again to help you with this so-called "reading comprehension." Even I wouldn't pull out the "learn to spell" card.
Yes, I still fail to see what was so wrong with that statement.

I know my post was really long and confusing for you, but maybe you should go back and read my post carefully, then tell me where I accused you of claiming casual players are inferior to competitive players. I'm telling you carefully now Yuna, by creating this topic you're instigating this pointless argument. You seem to claim a sort of "Objective" approach to this topic even though you come of blatantly as an elitist d-bag, the very kind that you're so convinced are a scarcity (Was it that they don't exist, or they're rare? Oh yeah, you changed your mind so we don't really know) on the boards.
Where in my original post (or any subsequent posts) do I come off as elitist? Quotes, please. Arrogance =/= elitism.

I never changed my mind. It's made blatantly clear by the original post that I acknowledge the existence of Elitist Competitives. I just don't think there are as many as some people seem to think there are.

I don't know why any of you guys are taking Yuna seriously.

He wears fox ears to tournaments....... Yeah...
Bunny ears.

And, wow, we're basing credibility in debates on appearances and not ability to argue now? Shallow, much?

I haven't seen many of those. I never claimed I did.
Did I claim you did?

Yes but if it is a vague term that can have multiple interpertations then it is valid. Don't compare apples to oranges.
It doesn't really have "multiple interpretations" if I in the original post define exactly how it's supposed to be interpreted, at least for this specific thread.

Wait. Wait. Wait. A tourney player saying that a casual player shouldn't ban things. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. OMG that is the funniest thing I have heard all day.
You totally missed what the heck being a Scrub is all about.

And the majority of elitists are competitive. WTF is your point?
Proof or it didn't happen. In fact, I see far more Casuals coming onto Smashboards telling the Competitives they're playing it wrong. As MookieRah said, if that isn't being elitist then I don't know what is.

I've personally never told someone they're playing the game "wrong". While the ratio of elitist to non-elitist might not be the same, there are far more Casual elitists, at least/especially here on Smashboards and these parts of the boards because of the ratio of Casuals vs. Competitives today.

And then there are the Scrubs who, like MookieRah said, aren't actually Competitive players, who suck at the game and who are hated by both sides.

Never said he did. He stated multiple times that he could beat any casual player even when I never said he couldn't and even agreed with him. Also constantly saying you can beat someone needlesly is elitist I believe.
I do not know how good he is. Maybe he's a Top Player.

Maybe he was talking to someone else and not you specifically? That's being arrogant and possibly speaking the truth (I mean, if he's Ken-level. I don't know, really). It's not being Elitist to say "I can beat these people". He's not saying that those people are worse human beings than him or that they suck for not being as good as him nor is he even saying that they could never reach his level. Just that he could beat them (and most probably, even I could beat the majority (if not all) of all Casual Players because of their lack of experience. If you aren't Competitive, you've most probably never encountered certain combos, strategies and techniques. I mean, how easy isn't it to gimp someone as Jigglypuff with the Rest if they don't know how to avoid it? And there is nothing wrong with since they're not supposed to have encountered Competitive strategies, techniques and combos).

The thing is both of you guys are quick to be *****. Really quick. Then you ask for examples of something I never claimed you had while doing the thing I claimed you did do. Which is be *****.
I'm not a ****. I'm a b*tch... to those who deserve it. Sometimes, it's swift, sometimes, it's not. It all depends on how stupid I perceive them to be from the posts I reply to.

You claimed I was an Elitist Casual in a thread whose OP specifies that an "Elitist Casual" for the sake of the argument is. Never once did you specify that you just meant that I'm a "****". Excuse me for not being psychic.

I have read about K-12 and these people. Yeah, these people ARE the elitist.

Even I have a MP i received from him with a eltist meaning in all that.
Who are you and why should I not treat you like a troll?

Everybody hates them [the Spanish].
Who are you and why should I not treat you as a troll? Given, I haven't really spent that much time with the Spanish having only met them at one tournament so far, but they seemed like very nice people. K-12 wasn't there, though.

Yeah, i'm not competitive, because i defend casuals. However, i use adv. techniques, edgehog, and all these things (not play with items, only some scenarios for practicing).
Umm... what?

Really, please, if you want 5 eltist competitive people, go to spain. There is a dozen actually.
Name them or GTFO.

I heard that they went to an USA tourney, and they lost in the first round.
I heard the American tournament was their very first international tournament. So it's not really surprising. There's also no such thing as "losing in the first round" as there are pools. They just didn't make it out of pools.

Yes, some competitive elitist are competitive scrubs (in a way). So I agree with mookiehrah and others. But Yuna made a statement in the second page (or eight, i don't remember).

Being competitive is to play to win.
And?

I agree with this post. 2 things: this says that being competitive is another way of have fun with the game. So yes: being competitive is to go for the win (but that doesn't mean that you have to do cheap tactics for being competitive).
Did you just admit to being a scrub?

But... Is Gympyfish competitive or he isn't? Yuna would think he isn't, because he main a low tier character.
Quote a single post where I've said anything that could even be miscontrued as "Low tier mainers aren't Competitive". GimpyFish is still playing to win. He's just choosing to main as someone with an uphill battle in most matchups (no longer true in Brawl, I guess).

Is it just me or am i the only one who, when playing with a casual player tries to persuade them to learn some new techniques and play competativly just for the sakes of having people to fight agasint.

Casual is no problem idk why this rumor/myth has been poping up alot latley
I would never aggresively try to get Casual players to "go Competitive" but I'm always happy to answer questions people might have about Competitive Smash, especially if they main as Peach.

Oh, by the way, for those who didn't understand the point of the Challenge in the original post:
The challenge is to disprove the common belief that there are a lot of Elitist Competitives in Smash, especially here on Smashboards.

Because if there are so many of them that it's valid to constantly complain about them and their wicked ways, then there should be at least one person around who's encountered 5 of them.

After all, this is a forum with hundreds of users on it. The Competitive Smash scene is international and consists of thousands of players. If so many Elitist Competitives exist, then at least someone should've encountered 5 separate ones.

Because if they haven't then why so much whining about them instead of whining about the specific Elitist Competitives like 5010 and Dylan Tnga?

RDK

Smash Hero
Wow, this thread brings up a LOT of memories from our scrub-tromping days with Dylan_Tnga.

And BTW, didn't 5150 get permabanned a while back?

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Hey .. Yuna, chalk this up as 1 of the people we are talking about.

Not really. I mean, it's possible that he could be elitist, yes, but that quote doesn't show it.

He's saying that a competitive forum should be used for competitive purposes, hence, a person approaching the forum with a non-competitive mindset should either change his mindset or not be a member.

In the same way, m2k wouldn't go join some casual SSBM forum where they roll- and dashattack-spam, and play every match on temple with Roy (because he has Teh PhiRe, of course:bee:).

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anyone I've seen that sounded like an elitist competitive player was ever worth remembering or noting, so they're ultimately unimportant. Kind of like the kids that sit at the back of class (and not just because there's no more room elsewhere).

fr0st2k

Smash Journeyman
Not really. I mean, it's possible that he could be elitist, yes, but that quote doesn't show it.

He's saying that a competitive forum should be used for competitive purposes, hence, a person approaching the forum with a non-competitive mindset should either change his mindset or not be a member.

In the same way, m2k wouldn't go join some casual SSBM forum where they roll- and dashattack-spam, and play every match on temple with Roy (because he has Teh PhiRe, of course:bee:).
this forum is very nice for competitive smashing, but its not FOR competitive smashing. Its a community for smash brothers players.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I'm not even going that far. If you read my follow-up post, what I'm saying is don't insult competitive Smashers in a competitive Smash forum. If you hate competitive Smash, why are you here in the first place?

And yes, this is a forum that revolves around competitive Smash. If you don't like that, there are plenty of alternatives.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey .. Yuna, chalk this up as 1 of the people we are talking about.

"You don't like the people on these boards? Then go away" is more common sense than anything. I would never join a forum for Street Fighter II just to spam them about how broken the game is.

The same person also later explained that he has nothing against Casual gamers. Just idiots who come here and tell us "we play the game wrong".

He's not even saying that. He's saying that if you dislike competitive Smash, then you shouldn't be here.

You don't have to be a Competitive Smasher or change your ways. But why are you even here if Competitive Smash is such a thorn in your side?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm not even going that far. If you read my follow-up post, what I'm saying is don't insult competitive Smashers in a competitive Smash forum. If you hate competitive Smash, why are you here in the first place?

And yes, this is a forum that revolves around competitive Smash. If you don't like that, there are plenty of alternatives.
Fair enough, I understand a little more clearly now.

fr0st2k

Smash Journeyman
"You don't like the people on these boards? Then go away" is more common sense than anything. I would never join a forum for Street Fighter II just to spam them about how broken the game is.

The same person also later explained that he has nothing against Casual gamers. Just idiots who come here and tell us "we play the game wrong".

He's not even saying that. He's saying that if you dislike competitive Smash, then you shouldn't be here.

You don't have to be a Competitive Smasher or change your ways. But why are you even here if Competitive Smash is such a thorn in your side?
lets look at the quote again..

"Smashboards is a competitive forum. You don't like how we play? Get off our forum. You think we're elitist? Get off our forum."

if you cant see the elitism in that statment ... wow.

you summarized that statement as "You don't like the people on these boards? Then go away." I see it as, "You dont like it our way ? Well then tough ****, now get off our forums."

*edit

[removed]

i was watching tv .. girlfriend bothering me.. i really lost track of my thoughts...

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
this forum is very nice for competitive smashing, but its not FOR competitive smashing. Its a community for smash brothers players.
Correct, I'm not agreeing with him there. In my previous post, I'm just talking about a competitive-only forum, which he believed SWF was. I'm not actually agreeing that SWF is a competitive-only forum.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

"Smashboards is a competitive forum. You don't like how we play? Get off our forum. You think we're elitist? Get off our forum."

you summarized that statement as "You don't like the people on these boards? Then go away." I see it as, "You dont like it our way ? Well then tough ****, now get off our forums."

*edit

[removed]

i was watching tv .. girlfriend bothering me.. i really lost track of my thoughts...
It's actually more of the point that Smashboards in general has a much smaller casual-to-competitive ratio then most areas on the Internet as a result, stereotypes and insults against the competitive community are resented and are harder to get away with.

The point is if the competitive scene is that much of a bother this isn't the best place out there to bash it.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
You still don't take into account the follow up post. I agree that post in isolation sounds somewhat elitist; however, the overall message also makes sense too.

This is THE forum for competitive smash, although it isn't limited to competitive smash. As such people should not come here trying to tell others how to play. There is nothing wrong with having a discussion on something, be it leaning towards casual or competitive... it doesn't matter. Nobody is upset that there is casual discussion going on with competitive discussion. The problem lies with the fact that people come here knowing it houses the competitive scene simply to try and disrupt it. There is no need for that, especially seeing as how there are tons of other forums that are entirely aimed at casual smashers that don't discuss things within the competitive realm.

To put it simply, those with malicious intents and agendas against the competitive scene should not come to these forums. If competitive play isn't for you and you want to talk to people how much you hate it and how bad we are or whatever reasons you have... you should have the common decency to not post here.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer

So you're summarizing it as "You don't like our way, get out"? How is that being elitist?

It's like walking into a gay bar and spouting off against homosexuality. Or walking into church and spouting off against Christianity. Or walking into a Star Trek convention and spouting off against Trekkers.

I'd think that any group would want idiots who don't like "their" way to get out of their fora (be these online forums, conventions, meets or whatever). I mean, why tolerate rampant hatred for what defines you in a forum created at least largely for it?

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Right, my bad. It's just with all the extremism here, I kinda forgot all about moderation.

Btw, I was always under the belief that smashboards was competitive-specific, and that some non-competitive players were just allowed to register. Hmmm. Oh well.

orintemple

Smash Lord
This arguement is basic human nature. All people think that the way they do something is the "right" way. Even if they accept the other ways they will always, deep in their subconcious, think it is the wrong way to play, if they didn't think that way, then they would play that way. The only people who truly accept all if the ones who are playing the game both competitively AND casually in equal amount, and I doubt there are many of you here.

Competitive smashers play competitively for a reason, casual players play that way for a reason of their own, if they believed that both were the best way to play they would play both ways.

As far as eleitism in the smash community goes, yes competitive smashers are going to all sound elitist to a casual smasher, and vice versa. Because both sides think their way is the right way, they will always put each other down, even if it is on accident. Yuna may sound like a competitive elitist to a casual player, but that is because he/she(sorry I don't know) is a competitive player for a reason, because he/she(sorry again XD) plays the way he/she wants to. I doubt he/she is doing it on purpose.

The same goes for casual players, the casual players here all sound like they are trying to put down competitive play, even though they might not want to saound like that.

It all comes down to bias.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Smashboards isn't a competitive Smasher exclusive forum, but it's the home of the competitive scene. Smashboards and competitive Smash revolve around each other.
This is the home of the famous Back Room. This is where the tournament scene started. This is where wavedashing was discovered. This is where people came up with the tournament rules you hate so much. This is where professional/career Smashers come to talk about the newest strategies.
Coming here and insulting competitive Smashers makes as much sense as going to a synagogue wearing a Nazi uniform. And don't give me any BS about majority rule. You can crowd a thousand Nazis in a synagogue, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still a synagogue.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Btw, I was always under the belief that smashboards was competitive-specific, and that some non-competitive players were just allowed to register. Hmmm. Oh well.
The smashboards were created by Gideon, whom is a casual player. His site was just the central hub of smash. It just so happened to become the competitive hang out, and before Brawl was announced it was pretty much composed of competitive smashers.

Post-Brawl's announcement things changed. People from all over flocked to the site because it was the biggest and the baddest forum of them all. Still, all of the competitive players stayed here, so now the crowd was simply more diverse. So the smashboards is not competitive-centric right now, but I honestly think that will change once Brawl is released. A lot of casual discussion was built on speculation and discussion of having fun times with the game when it comes out. Most of that kind of crowd will likely have no need to continue discussing Brawl for long after it's release. After the newness wears down you will be left with mostly the competitive players and things will return to how it used to be, and hopefully the casual vs competitive war will be done. At least until smash 4 that is...

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have personally never said that "my" way is better than "the Casual way". Because it's a lifestyle choice. There is no "better" way.

"By the way, I am a man" - Haku of the Snow

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
This arguement is basic human nature. All people think that the way they do something is the "right" way. Even if they accept the other ways they will always, deep in their subconcious, think it is the wrong way to play, if they didn't think that way, then they would play that way. The only people who truly accept all if the ones who are playing the game both competitively AND casually in equal amount, and I doubt there are many of you here.

Competitive smashers play competitively for a reason, casual players play that way for a reason of their own, if they believed that both were the best way to play they would play both ways.

As far as eleitism in the smash community goes, yes competitive smashers are going to all sound elitist to a casual smasher, and vice versa. Because both sides think their way is the right way, they will always put each other down, even if it is on accident. Yuna may sound like a competitive elitist to a casual player, but that is because he/she(sorry I don't know) is a competitive player for a reason, because he/she(sorry again XD) plays the way he/she wants to. I doubt he/she is doing it on purpose.

The same goes for casual players, the casual players here all sound like they are trying to put down competitive play, even though they might not want to saound like that.

It all comes down to bias.
There's a difference between thinking your own way is the "right" way, the "better" way, or belittling others for playing the "wrong" way.

"Right" would carry a sense of justification and eliteness, where anyone that knows what they're doing should be playing your way.

A "better" way, in my opinion, would be backed with more logical sense. The current standard tourney format, 4 stock, 8 minutes, stage bans according to host, makes sense, and was formatted that way for a reason.

Yuna's challenge I think is to find smashers that are belittling others for playing the "wrong" way, actually looking down on people for the way they play the game (among other things, of course. I'm just going with this one example).

What I'm trying to get at is: you can play your way and think it's "right" all you want without being considered an elitist. However, it's when you start thinking others are bad for playing the "wrong" way that you start to be a pompous elitist.

You're point about bias is true, and applies to a smasher's opinion about the "right", "wrong", or "better" way. However, said opinion does not automatically make someone an elitist (by Yuna's definition).

^Yeah, I'm not gonna proofread this. I typed what I thought, and by the time I finished, I didn't even know if it made logical sense or not. I think (and hope) it does.

Oh, and Yuna, the way you bold your words for emphasis is actually really effective.

fr0st2k

Smash Journeyman
So you're summarizing it as "You don't like our way, get out"? How is that being elitist?

It's like walking into a gay bar and spouting off against homosexuality. Or walking into church and spouting off against Christianity. Or walking into a Star Trek convention and spouting off against Trekkers.

I'd think that any group would want idiots who don't like "their" way to get out of their fora (be these online forums, conventions, meets or whatever). I mean, why tolerate rampant hatred for what defines you in a forum created at least largely for it?
No, you have it ALLLLLL wrong.

Like i said before, 100s of times. This isn't melee anymore. There are no more rules laid out. Not yet anyway. For christs sake, the game isnt even out in the US yet. Brawl is open for everyone, everyone opinions should be noted, and openly received. Thats what a good website does, and thats what unbiased people would do.

Lets use your example to show you how wrong you are.

Lets pretend I walked into some cool club, with a few friends, Were all wearing dark color clothes. I walk in the entrance, and i see a bunch of people who are already standing there, regulars, and theyre all wearing light colored clothes.

Now... technically, we're both allowed to be there, we both paid our covers. But here are the regulars, they know the place ...and they start yelling at us, "HEY! Why aren't you wearing light colored clothes??? You shouldnt even be here if you dont do it our way!"

We respond, "Hey .. have you ever tried wearing dark color clothes? Its not really that bad man .... hey listen .. can't we just chill together and talk about our differences in clothes. ?"

The regs respond, "We tried wearing dark clothes, its no good, we found out light clothes are the best."

response, "What? You tried it in this club?"

"No, we tried it in that last club we were in, but this one is just like the last one"

Ummm, lol. thats my scenerio, Sounds familiar doesnt it?? It also sounds really ridiculous when you change the words around.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You can crowd a thousand Nazis in a synagogue, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still a synagogue.
Best post ever. Probably one of the most insightful things. This forum isn't restricted to anyone, but when you attack a group of people that have been a mainstay of the forum, that's a problem.

It's also a problem when you think that you have a say on the major tournament rules without ever going to a major tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom