• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the music thread

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Lots and Lots of words
Did read though :D
Lol I'm just into a little bit of everything, so it's okay if you don't like some of the stuff I post as much.
Warpaint is awesome though. I've been listening to 'em all day.

Lovage got me back into Aesop Rock...
So friggin good.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
that's a broad question. Got any specific tastes?

kasade, pendulum, benny benassi's later albums, bloody beetroots, atb, david guetta, ferry corsten.

Those are just a couple of random favorites that come to mind.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
BLOODY BEETROOTS!!!

are any of the other things you mentioned even close to as good as the bloody beetroots? if so which ones, cuz i'll download em immediately

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
BLOODY BEETROOTS!!!

are any of the other things you mentioned even close to as good as the bloody beetroots? if so which ones, cuz i'll download em immediately
nahh none are nearly like BBR. Some **** similiar would be Boys Noize, maybe MSTRKRFT? I dunno they're kinda unique hard to find stuff like them.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
this is always said anytime techno is brought up in a thread. considering we're not on a legit music website, when someone says 'techno', i'm assuming they're reffering to EDM in general, not specifically into the 'techno' genre. I still doubt that's what he meant either lol. i'm aware techno is its own genre apart from electronic music in general tho.

hence why i said "thats a broad question" in the first post

SuperRad

Smash Master
check out the epic 76 minute flood by boris

:D
my favorite boris album rotates really often. i'm pretty into Rock Dream right now, but Pink/Akuma no Uta/Flood/Smile/Heavy Rocks/Rainbow have all been my favorites at one point in time.

that reminds me, i never got around to downloading all of boris's albums... i'm still missing like 5-6...

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
my favorite boris album rotates really often. i'm pretty into Rock Dream right now, but Pink/Akuma no Uta/Flood/Smile/Heavy Rocks/Rainbow have all been my favorites at one point in time.

that reminds me, i never got around to downloading all of boris's albums... i'm still missing like 5-6...
hxxp://halftheislandismissing.blogspot.com/2008/08/boris-discography.html

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
pink is definitely the most accessible to my ears, i feel like its a better version of heavy rocks lol.

the albums with their name spelled as boris are the more experimental soundz

spelled like BORIS is more "straight up"

pitchfork sucks lol, i like rate your music a lot moar

oops i didnt read right, IMO must download = pink, flood, feedbacker (i need to listen to the other albums)

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
i wouldn't say feedbacker is a must download. just get Rock Dream (the live album with Merzbow) because the first track is feedbacker, plus you get all the other tracks that follow.
ORLY

feedbackers album art [wata version] is da bomb <3

i think id get a different groove if i listened to rock dream first cause of the way the album is presented i.e. additional tracks after feedbacker influence the overall opinion

but that could be for better or worse, im just OCD about listening to music XD, ALBUM onry

Kira-

Smash Champion
I went to the OCPAC hall on Thursday and heard the OC Pacific Symphony play Rachmaninoff's Symphonic Dances, Op. 45.

Dunno if that means anything to anybody but it was by far the best classical concert I've ever been to, the Lento assai - Allegro vivace (3rd mvt) absolutely blew me away, it was fantastic.

edit - btw im not knowledgable about this subject at all, i just thought it was awesome

Top Bottom