• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Muppets Mafia | Game Over! Who lived happily ever after in Muppet Land?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Ugh, SWF ignored my quickedit because of gateway errors, the post should be:
If you're so sure that these restrictions are obvious, so obvious that even a moron like you would see it, what would be scummy about asking then? What does scum gain from asking?
Excuse moi.

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
You need a prod because you hinted to having a post restriction, which you are post restricted not to. Are you just stupid or illiterate? OR BOTH, haha!
If you're so sure that these restrictions are obvious, what would be scummy about asking then? What does scum gain from asking?
Scum could gain a modkill if someone with a PR were to slip and mention it. In the first quote, you seem pretty positive that McMaymays needs a prod because we've somehow broken a PR. And you seem confident and aware that apparently confirmation, denying, or mention of PR would result in a prod/modkill, why in the earth would a good king keep fishing for PRs... even by your OWN ADMISSION you said "why are you making it so obvious?"

Your Evil Stupidness, you really should go ahead and kill yourself toDay. Whoever gets King tomorrow should definitely kill Xonar. (McMaymays for President!)

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
His Silliness just pulled the biggest OMGus in all of mafia history ...

he wants to kill me cus he's evil and he's scared and I caught him!

No king! No king! la--la-la--la-laa-laa!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
His Silliness just pulled the biggest OMGus in all of mafia history ...

he wants to kill me cus he's evil and he's scared and I caught him!

No king! No king! la--la-la--la-laa-laa!
You only confirmed my suspicions.

Yo mama so skinny she hula hoops with a cheerio

D

Deleted member

I'm starting to become suspicious again at Blue Yoshi and this time I have serious reasons.

1. His April Fools Day joke. While it wasn't intentional, it was certainly unwarranted. Just imagine the reaction he would have gotten if he didn't post that on April Fools Day joke. Regardless, it sounds like he's trying to do role fishing.

2. He asked for people without PR to post here. This time, he was serious. This is another example of role fishing here. He basically want everyone without PR to post that they didn't have one. As others pointed out, it could be looking for people with possible power roles.

I can't really place a vote on him yet, but I do have a feeling that he's trying to undercover other power roles so he can kill them one by one.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
haha lol good reasons ssbf :p

1. It was a joke. None of the roles were serious in any way, nor were they what I thought. If it was what I thought, you would have been a mafia role, and not town idiot (or whatever I posted). I posted you as town idiot as a joke, as me and basically everyone else thought you were mafia. The only role that was serious of the entire bunch was the one I wrote for myself... ;)

2. I don't think you got the point at all. Yes, I was serious, but I was fishing for mafia roles. I have a feeling all townies have a posting restriction, meaning if anyone were to say they did not have a posting restriction, there's a fairly confirmed mafia member. That said, I think it's safe to say that anyone who has had a posting restriction of some kind can be semi-cleared as townie. If I'm wrong, then I'm dumb :p

And I don't think everyone with a posting restriction has a power role. Just everyone who is town does.

At least that's my thoughts...

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
So that make you scum? You have no restriction. As far as i see... You have no restriction.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Clearing someone for having a posting restriction is a terrible terrible thing to do and I don't see any logic behind it. Don't just assume **** like that.

D

Deleted member

haha lol good reasons ssbf :p
Thanks, I guess.

Blue Yoshi said:
1. It was a joke. None of the roles were serious in any way, nor were they what I thought. If it was what I thought, you would have been a mafia role, and not town idiot (or whatever I posted). I posted you as town idiot as a joke, as me and basically everyone else thought you were mafia. The only role that was serious of the entire bunch was the one I wrote for myself... ;)
I know it was a joke (I said that your post was unintentional), but they can be very easily be taken as a scum tell, especially by relatively serious people. Even jokingly saying that these were the roles are dangerous, as it could leave Mafia to think that they're clear or someone could accuss you of ruining the game. And I know that role you made wasn't serious.

Blue Yoshi said:
2. I don't think you got the point at all. Yes, I was serious, but I was fishing for mafia roles. I have a feeling all townies have a posting restriction, meaning if anyone were to say they did not have a posting restriction, there's a fairly confirmed mafia member. That said, I think it's safe to say that anyone who has had a posting restriction of some kind can be semi-cleared as townie. If I'm wrong, then I'm dumb :p
No matter the cirumstances, you should never fish for Mafia roles. That is considered a waste of time and it doesn't contribute at all. Not all townies have posting restrictions, but we shouldn't be searching for people who could have posting restrictions. If you think you know who has a posting restriction, cool, but don't bother telling us who could have posting restrictions. Also, have you ever played a game where there was no restrictions on posting? Not having a posting restriction is not a sign of scum tell in any shape of matter. Neither is having one towny.

Blue Yoshi said:
And I don't think everyone with a posting restriction has a power role. Just everyone who is town does.

At least that's my thoughts...
Just because they have a posting restriction does not indicate an towny role. For all you know, someone with an posting restriction could be scum. We should scum hunt, post restriction or not. Trying to mafia role fish is basically the same as role fishing, so you might as well stop.

D

Deleted member

isn't mafia role fishing the exact same thing as scum hunting? Sure my method isn't the best, but at least it was a shot in the dark...
What you need to realize that Mafia role fishing does not compute with scum hunting. If you're fishing for Mafia roles, especially with the way you did by asking who had a posting restriction, you are role fishing, not scum hunting. Never compare Mafia role fishing to scum hunting at all.

FOS: Blue Yoshi. This time, it's serious. I would vote you, but I don't have enough information to prove that you could be scum yet. But right now, you're in that track.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
You phished PRs. Not scum roles. You cover your tracks. You made mistake. You phished PRs.

Vote: Blue Yoshi

SSBF isn't off my scumdar. I need BY's explanation.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I can see BY being town at this point. Don't really think anything that's being held up against him has any worth.

Currently I'm gonna shoot Guus/May, with SSBF as a reserve option.

Yo TPK, yo mama so greasy she sweats Crisco!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It would be nice to let your subjects no why you're lynching who you are. Why Guus and McMaymays? I still find SSBF more suspicious.

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
For the love of God people. Read your role PMs. If it's anything like ours, it will tell you that you DREW YOUR ROLE OUT OF A HAT. Therefor, the characters are NOT connected with the roles AT ALL. By this logic, the characters (and posting restriction, should anybody have one) are there for FLAVOR ONLY. I already know who at LEAST half of you are in this game, but since we drew our roles out of a hat, it gives absolutely NO indication as to anyone's alignments. My best guess would be that Gheb made the characters and any possible restrictions, so that people who knew the Muppets could get a little enjoyment out of this game (like I have been), but then RANDOMIZED the actual roles so if someone were familiar with the Muppets (again, like me), they I still wouldn't be able to guess someone's role just based on their character.

If any posting restrictions exist, they are there for ENTERTAINMENT ONLY. Apparently MY entertainment, since I seem to be the only one actually familiar with the subject matter.

SSBF should clearly go toDay. And I know I already used the following joke, but it bears repeating.

And I thought being able to read would be a requirement of this game! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Currently I'm gonna shoot Guus/May, with SSBF as a reserve option.

Seriously, what is this? Back to the medieval days; defy the king and thou shalt receive death. Your logic is flawless your majesty. I must commend you on your excellent techniques to identify the scum of the earth. Thou art king and therefore are a guaranteed townie, amirite? Therefore anyone who disagrees with another townie is a SCUMBUM.
P.S. This is not serious, king can still be scum.
P.S.S. Ya just hate me cuz I'm beautiful :(

D

Deleted member

whaha, now I'm agreeing with Xonar's two option since you both gave horrible reasons not to die.
first of all, he might have just tested you, has it never crossed either of you minds that he doesn't have to mean everything he says?

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
Paprika said:
whaha, now I'm agreeing with Xonar's two option since you both gave horrible reasons not to die.
Yes I agree, Xonar's reasons for our deaths have been very compelling.

Xonar said:
So I don't think this day is gonna go anywhere, right now I see most interest is outed in lynching SSBF, with which I agree.
Xonar - After we explain why trying to out (possible) role restrictions is scummy said:
May can go today imo.
Yeah, Paprika, Xonar really put us in our place. Can't believe he caught us that easily. If you had any more air in your head you'd float away! HAHAHAHA!

D

Deleted member

did he need reasoning to let you react? no. this isn't a formal debate where every reasoning must be sound. it's about finding scum. and if that means they (scum) need to be provoked then so be it.
just pointing out that your reaction to him was priceless.
an average townie would have said something along the lines of "xonar give some reasoning" or even "I'll ignore that for lack of reasoning".
but both of you just had to make a personal attack at xonar.

Also, guus, Xonar can't just decide to lynch you against the popular opinion and get away with it. that way he would definitely lose his kingship the next day and then get lynched himself.

I urge both of you to put more thought in your posts

PS Hail USA

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
first of all, he might have just tested you, has it never crossed either of you minds that he doesn't have to mean everything he says?
Why should we give any decent reason not to die if he doesn't even give a reason as to why either one of us should die.
And don't go explaining other people's behaviour, they should do that themselves. You're not Kermit.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You guys are so stupid that you think I base that statement purely on that.

That post was obviously just 'pulling a kevinm/marshy/macman' or whoever you want to assign it to. Like normally, the reactions are... interesting.

D

Deleted member

Guus, you shouldn't have reacted at all especially not with the whole stalin joke that nobody gets (aside the dutchies), see #190
Also, I didn't defend him, I attacked you both.

lrn2reason

Hail USA (ugh)

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
mcmaymays for president!!! :D

sorry for being gone so long. i like mcmaymays lecture about posting restrictions = characters but not = allignment. you guys were not going anywhere with that.

still for ssbf lynch. BY seems alright but a bit fishy with the weird posting restriction hunt thing.

dont see how guus or mcmaymays is scummy and I have no read on clownbot or paprika

i think the power may have gone to our kings head (who voted for that guy anyway? >_>)

D

Deleted member

If scum takes the bait, there's scum. Otherwise, there was no use to it.
I really don't understand what you are saying about this at all. Please clarify this. Either way, role fishing was unacceptable and you should have never, ever done that.

And another poll count:

As of April 7th, 2010:
(1)Blue Yoshi: SwordRbroken
(4)Super Smash Bros Fan: McMaymays, The Paprika Killer, soaring-raptor-blast, Blue Yoshi
(1)Xonar: Guus

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
What's not to get?

Here it is, put simply:

At the time, I believed that everyone who is town aligned has a posting restriction. Those who don't have a posting restriction would therefore be more likely to be scum... if I was right. So if anyone said they did not have a posting restriction, if I was right, they'd be scum. I clearly stated that if someone had a posting restriction not to answer (therefore, those with restrictions don't reveal themselves... though some are so obvious that we know who does).

So... basically I wanted only those who had no posting restrictions to reply, whole those with not to reply... thus trying to find scum and not town. I have no idea why people are changing this to me trying to reveal town power roles... either you have mis-read my post, or you are trying to make me seem suspiscious over nothing...

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I still don't see how in blazes you came to the conclusion that not having a posting restriction means you are scum. I know you're past that but what made you think it in the first place?

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
skim moar SRB, he intentionally said that like that.
what are you talking about??? when I said BY was fishy for hunting for posting restrictions???

if thats what you meant i wasn't skimming. why wouldnt scum have posting restrictions too. it seems that the posting restrictions obviously go with the character and not the allignment or ability. unless BY was scum and knew he didnt have a posting restriction or something, then I cant see any reason for him to come to that conclusion or have any reason to get people to say they have a posting restrictions.

if that's not what you were talking about then try quoting. it works fabulously.

Top Bottom