• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Muppets Mafia | Game Over! Who lived happily ever after in Muppet Land?

D

Deleted member

Here it is, put simply:

At the time, I believed that everyone who is town aligned has a posting restriction. Those who don't have a posting restriction would therefore be more likely to be scum... if I was right. So if anyone said they did not have a posting restriction, if I was right, they'd be scum. I clearly stated that if someone had a posting restriction not to answer (therefore, those with restrictions don't reveal themselves... though some are so obvious that we know who does).
From the start, I'm not liking this post at all. Just because a person has some form of an posting restriction doesn't mean they could be scum. And just because you don't have a posting restriction does not make you more more likely to be an scum. Also, this is still role fishing as you're basically trying to separate who you think is townie and who is mafia and we don't need that. Overall, your theory is very poorly executed.

Blue Yoshi said:
So... basically I wanted only those who had no posting restrictions to reply, whole those with not to reply... thus trying to find scum and not town. I have no idea why people are changing this to me trying to reveal town power roles... either you have mis-read my post, or you are trying to make me seem suspicious over nothing...
So you're saying that you want people who has posting restrictions to reply just to say that they could be scums? If you're doing it off that, then that's just sad. This is every bit as role fishing as "Are you happy with your role?" and similar to that. What if someone who was scum did have an posting restriction? Would that mean you would ignore them?

And I most certainly have not mis-read your post. So what if you're not looking for power roles? Regardless, trying to call people without posting restrictions is trying to see who could be mafia and who could be townie is fishing for roles and nobody is buying this junk from you.

I've also noticed that you've practically been repeating the same statement over and over again, not coming up with something new to support your arguments.

I was really disappointed with your last few posts. Instead of recognizing that it was role fishing and scum hunting, you basically tried to tell us that people without posting restrictions are probable scums, which is futile. And we're not making you suspicious over nothing Blue Yoshi, your role fishing is evidence of scumminess.

Vote: Blue Yoshi. Making excuses for role fishing over the last few posts and not scum hunting like the others.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@BlueYoshi You have no posting restriction. So you must be scum. I'm not buying explanation. You were rolephising. You have no posting restriction. U were outing PRs. Find weird you have no restriction. You say "no restriction = scum". So, BlueYoshi = Scum.

D

Deleted member

Hail USA

SRB, my bad I thought you were disagreeing with Xonar's joke suspicion he put up someposts before that.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Great activity by everybody so far! Keep it up, guys!

Since SWF is running smoothly again a deadline has been set for Sunday 11th April Midnight (Central European Time :p)

:059:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I might have plans this weekend, so I might shove my deadline somewhere else.
Will give you guys a heads up when it's final.

Yo momma is so boring, when she went swimming they called the waters the Dead Sea.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So, like I thought, I can't post on sunday. I'll lynch someone on saturday.

Yo momma so poor, each night she goes to KFC to lick other folk's fingers

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
@BlueYoshi You have no posting restriction. So you must be scum. I'm not buying explanation. You were rolephising. You have no posting restriction. U were outing PRs. Find weird you have no restriction. You say "no restriction = scum". So, BlueYoshi = Scum.
also. you don't know he doesn't have a restriction. some of them could be harder to notice

BTW if somebody quotes this post they will get EXTRA candy from the easter bunny :bee:

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Vote Blue Yoshi

It's come to my attention that you have neglected to address my post, good sir.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
you somewhat answered that question yourself in your question. I didn't come to that conclusion as "this must be true", it was just an idea, and if one or two people had no posting restrictions, then... well, makes the theory more plausible.

Also, I'm 100% fine with SSBF dying today. In his long post... well, lets just say he quotes me, then responds to it as if I said the opposite. I said PEOPLE WITHOUT POSTING RESTRICTIONS SHOULD REPLY, and in his post, he changed it to PEOPLE WITH POSTING RESTRICTIONS SHOULD REPLY. He based his entire argument (or so it seemed) off of his modification of my post... just re-read what he quoted, and re-read his post, and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. And apparently he did not mis-read my post at all... ;)

Also, just as all of you guys are saying having a posting restriction doesn't necessarily means instant townie, remember that posting restriction doesn't necessarily mean power role either.

D

Deleted member

With the amount of post restrictions I see, either it's gonna rain PowerRoles tonight or Gheb just gave everybody (MAYBE not scum) a post restriction.

tPK out.

oh and hail USA

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Also, I'm 100% fine with SSBF dying today. In his long post... well, lets just say he quotes me, then responds to it as if I said the opposite. I said PEOPLE WITHOUT POSTING RESTRICTIONS SHOULD REPLY, and in his post, he changed it to PEOPLE WITH POSTING RESTRICTIONS SHOULD REPLY. He based his entire argument (or so it seemed) off of his modification of my post... just re-read what he quoted, and re-read his post, and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. And apparently he did not mis-read my post at all... ;)
Tbh, I sincerely believe he forgot the word "no" before posting restrictions, because if you put that in front of it, it makes sense again. I think you're overreacting if you think this was the thing that convinced you to be fine with him dying.
However, I still wouldn't actually mind seeing SSBF go (apart from missing votecounts :(), as long as he's not kermit!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, the people with power roles are really making it easy to see who they are.

I'll repeat myself for the 100000th time...

Just because someone has a posting restriction doesn't mean they have a power role. They could simply be Vanilla Townies or something...

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
edit (ninja'd)

Well... still, his post completely contradicts my posts. He's basically putting words into my mouth (if you know what I mean). The only reason why I did that was to try to get non-posting-restriction roles to post. People with posting restrictions would not be revealed in any way through this (well... they wouldn't respond to the post, but then again, that doesn't mean people with no posting restrictions wouldn't respond either, so that doesn't reveal anything). But if you re-read his posts, he makes it sound like I'm trying to find out who has posting restrictions (and therefore, who has power roles... but as I said many times before, posting restrictions does not mean power roles necessarily).

Just... re-read all my posts, then re-read all his posts, and you'll see what I mean.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
edit (ninja'd)
The only reason why I did that was to try to get non-posting-restriction roles to post. People with posting restrictions would not be revealed in any way through this (well... they wouldn't respond to the post, but then again, that doesn't mean people with no posting restrictions wouldn't respond either, so that doesn't reveal anything). But if you re-read his posts, he makes it sound like I'm trying to find out who has posting restrictions (and therefore, who has power roles... but as I said many times before, posting restrictions does not mean power roles necessarily).
I'm not calling you out on rolefishing, but really. If you know who doesn't have a posting restriction, wouldn't that OBVIOUSLY result in also knowing who DOES have a posting restriction?
Also, what else was your goal with your post this all started with, if it wasn't figuring out who has a posting restriction? Who DIDN'T have a posting restriction. If so, refer to what I said above this.
I'll be a star before your posts start to make sense!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
omg guys... seriously... lets put it this way:

Person A has a posting restriction. Person B and Person C do not.

I wanted people with no posting restrictions to indicate that they did not have one.

Person A, having a posting restriction, would not reply.

Person B, having no posting restriction, could reply (seeing as he has no posting restriction), or could not (seeing as he's not forced to... or could just be busy during that time).

Person C has no computer access for a while, so he does not see the post until it is no longer relevant, so he does not reply.

Result:

Everyone who replied has no posting restriction.

Everyone who didn't reply may or may not have a posting restriction.

What does that reveal?

Only people who have no posting restriction.

If this doesn't make sense... well, I don't know how else to put it.

But seriously... what's so scummy about that? People with posting restrictions are not revealed in any way. I find it funny how the simplest thing turns into an instant scumtell... when really it isn't. Tell me, what could scum gain out of this? I can't really see anything useful that they can gain.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
guess nobody wans extra easter bunny candy :(

didnt the intro say roles were "drawn from a hat"??? that would mean ANY CHARACTER (@paprika: yes, even kermit) could be mafia, right? that's how i took it anyway. I dont think there would be post restrictions that would make it obvious who your character was (i.e. fozzie, miss piggy, etc.) if the mafia characters were hand selected. for instance. if we thought "well theres no way (insert muppet) is mafia, they are a good guy! and we know that's (insert player) is them because of their restriction, so they are confirmed town!!"

NO.
restriction =/= allignment
character =/= allignment
actions = allignmet

not wanting to lynch someone because they are kermit, or wanting to figure out who doesn't have a restriction (which is likely no one) is just useless posting. so let's stop talking that nonsense.

and like swords said. I'm cool with ssbf lynch, prease.

If he's not scum I may IRL poop myself.

D

Deleted member

you are correct but I suppose the kermit thing is for guus since he's the only one that mentioned kermit.

also, I have already connected one posting restriction to a character, but as you said it isn't necessarily tied to alignment.
I urge people to read up on wikipedia if you really care to find some relation to the post restrictions.

D

Deleted member

you somewhat answered that question yourself in your question. I didn't come to that conclusion as "this must be true", it was just an idea, and if one or two people had no posting restrictions, then... well, makes the theory more plausible.
It does not make your theory anymore plausible. This is your idea and not an theory with evidences. If you're so certain that it's more likely to work, why didn't you do an experiment with Mafia games that do have posting restrictions? Until then, there is absolutely no way you'll be able to get me to understand your theory.

Blue Yoshi said:
Seriously, where did I say that people with posting restriction should reply? Show me evidence of this, otherwise, I'm calling ******** on that statement. I responded very directly to your post and I made sure not to leave out a single detail.

Well, the people with power roles are really making it easy to see who they are.

I'll repeat myself for the 100000th time...

Just because someone has a posting restriction doesn't mean they have a power role. They could simply be Vanilla Townies or something...
Repeating yourself is not necessary. If you expect to gain an more towny image, I would seriously consider bringing in new contents to your arguments, otherwise, people are getting tired of hearing the same thing over and over again.

Also, they could be scums, don't you forget that.

omg guys... seriously... lets put it this way:

Person A has a posting restriction. Person B and Person C do not.

I wanted people with no posting restrictions to indicate that they did not have one.

Person A, having a posting restriction, would not reply.

Person B, having no posting restriction, could reply (seeing as he has no posting restriction), or could not (seeing as he's not forced to... or could just be busy during that time).

Person C has no computer access for a while, so he does not see the post until it is no longer relevant, so he does not reply.

Result:

Everyone who replied has no posting restriction.

Everyone who didn't reply may or may not have a posting restriction.

What does that reveal?

Only people who have no posting restriction.

If this doesn't make sense... well, I don't know how else to put it.
That makes absolutely no sense. Want to know what that also reveals? Attempts at role fishing and an opportunity to make scums think they're off the radar, very dangerous if you ask me. Asking for people without posting restriction to post that they don't will make scums with posting restrictions think that they're safe and thus, increasing the chance of a Mafia win. A post like that is something that you should not have ever said. Now granted, I do make a lot of mistakes, but that doesn't mean I excuse others.

Blue Yoshi said:
But seriously... what's so scummy about that? People with posting restrictions are not revealed in any way. I find it funny how the simplest thing turns into an instant scumtell... when really it isn't. Tell me, what could scum gain out of this? I can't really see anything useful that they can gain.
I'll tell you what's so scummy about it. It's like an attempt at role fishing, saying that you want to know what kind of roles you have. This gives out false evidences and leaves room for more mis lynches. Had no one countered that and people without posting restrictions did respond, scums would use this opportunity to create suspicion on people without posting restrictions, causing more mis lynches and an better chance of an Mafia win.

Anything and I mean anything can be an scum tell and this is one of them. Asking for people without posting restriction to post that they don't is fishing for roles and we shouldn't focus on that.

What scum can get from this is the feeling that because they have an posting restriction that they are free to hide from the radar and not get suspected. We're not that dumb. We know this is at least similar to role fishing. On top of that, it creates false evidence scums can use against townies. Basically, if people without posting restrictions do respond, this can happen:

Scums create suspicion on people without posting restrictions. Given that they're successful, they get the person lynched. Rinse and repeat until scum wins. Do you seriously want that?

At best, this is role fishing. At worst, this is an poorly planned scum tactic. Either way, this was seriously unwelcome and not necessary in the game.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@ssbf stop tunneling plz. You aren't doing any good. Yeah, it was scummy. You are also scummy. Scummier in fact. You are directing attention away. (from you)

unvote Vote: SSBF We need decide on lynch. Now time.

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
What part of "roles are randomly assigned to character" did you guys not catch the first time? The (possible) posting restrictions are there for (my) ENTERTAINMENT, and tell us nothing than what character you are (assuming you have any kind of restriction.) They do not indicate ANY kind of role, since we drew our roles out of a hat (read your role PM.) Skimming scum is skinning.

I know I'm going a bit senile, and yet I still have a better memory than most of you! HAHAHAHAHA!

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
SRB, if I quote you, will I get dead in the face? >.>
no. i just like the attention and no one else will give it to me. if it makes you dead in the face I'd ask ssbf to do it.

besides. you insult people and they dont get dead in the face :bee:

help a brotha out. ****. i aint asking that much

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
SSBF, you're changing every single post I make to sound like something different... so for what it's worth, there's no point arguing with you. If you want to continue accusing me, then... well, do it alone.

In one day, we have so much random stuff... maybe one smart person good at mafia games (i.e. not me) could re-read everything and basically figure out who is mafia. I'll re-read as well later, but... well, it's past midnight here, so I'll do it later.

D

Deleted member

both of you STOP the argument and listen to McMaymays. If anything, BY's action was fluff (aka non game realted) since the roles aren't attached to the restrictions. as such fishing for restrictions would only be distracting from scum hunting (like right now) if anything.

Just drop it, both of you are making yourself look bad.

Hail USA

D

Deleted member

@Blue Yoshi: I think we might want to stop arguing. We've said more then enough.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I already said I wasn't going to argue anymore.

So... the deadline is this Sunday... but Xonar said he was lynching this Saturday... so we should figure out who we think are the scummiest so that he has an easier decision to make.

Also, off topic, yay, I'm a mod :) (smash 64 forums)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
An idiot like you got moderator? Hah!

Anyways, on the lynch I've pretty much decided. Gonna be between SRB, Swords, May and Guus. Anyone know if swords is V/LA?

Clownbot

Smash Lord

You sort of didn't list the two people town is going after most.

Why those four over SSBF and Yoshi and why those four at all, in fact? ._.

And no, I'm pretty sure Swords is not V/LA.

D

Deleted member

Swords shouldn't be V/LA
also, why sords and not SSBF? otherwise it seems an ok list.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
SSBF is posting a lot. If he's really scum, he'll say something scummy soon. I haven't seen anything likewise from him, though. He's trying to participate which I appreciate and look for in a townie.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I wanted to quickedit a yomomma joke into my post, but the server instability is ****ing me up : (

Yo momma so short she gotta slam-dunk her bus fare!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
You only addressed part of my post.

Tell me what you think of Blue Yoshi and why May, Guus, Raptor or Swords is the lynch. (**** that's kind of a big lynchpool. Think you could narrow it down or something too?)

Don't give me any of this **** either:

Oh yeah, let's tell scum what they're doing wrong/should not be doing.

-_-
Do not want.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
An idiot like you got moderator? Hah!

Anyways, on the lynch I've pretty much decided. Gonna be between SRB, Swords, May and Guus. Anyone know if swords is V/LA?
Why me? Explain reasoning. Why you say i V/LA anyway?

D

Deleted member

Given that SwordRbroken, McMaymays, Guus, and soaring-raptor-blast are Xonar's four lynch candidates, I can see this as an good list, but I really don't think SwordRbroken should be in it.

Right now, the one I would want the most is McMaymays, but I'll look into all four more, especially Guus and soaring-raptor-blast.

Top Bottom