• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Muppets Mafia | Game Over! Who lived happily ever after in Muppet Land?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Hmm. SSBF is trying to be "helpful" by keeping the votecount. I really don't know of this is actually helpful, wether Gheb would or would not have kept votecount (I guess not, so it's not too bad).

Discussing the setup however is not really a townish thing to do. Others have already explained this so I'm not going to repeat it.
It's nice to see people noticing it, but the votes are bit quick. Of course it's still (sort of) RVS, though.

Blue Yoshi, nice joke, I don't appreciate it though. It still raises my suspicion because indirectly it seems like you're telling exactly what you think all the roles are? Nice.
I'll stick with my vote on McMaymays because I have nothing but my gut to trust. I am hungry now.

xx-Kermit-xx <3

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Answering Xonars question;

I am a bit inactive because posting in English is a lot harder than posting in Dutch for me.
I thought I posted yesterday, guess I didn't. Sorry about that.

I don't have a post restriction, I just love Kermit.

D

Deleted member

I see Guus has trouble with the Great American language.

He isn't really doing much on SmashNL mafia either

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If I made the roles to what I think they were, I would have made SSBF a mafia role. I basically made random roles and assigned them randomly to people (except the one on me, which is my real role in this game lol).

But yeah, the roles I included are neither what I think people are, nor what I think the roles in this game are.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Also, the reason why I said it was an april fools joke (I wasn't going to until later today) was because we are not supposed to fake quote mod pm's and such, so... well, I just wanted to make it clear that it was not a true list... and to make sure his majesty doesn't believe a false statement and remove some random person.

D

Deleted member

I'm starting to get a little suspicious of McMaymays. His earlier posts were good, but starting at #73, he started to act weird, like he's not taking the game seriously. Now I understand that Mafia is just a game and all and you're not suppose to be ultra-serious about it, but you can't afford to take the game lightly either, because eventually, people will come to think that you could be an scum or at least an unhelpful townie and you could get lynched for it. Now people may argue that KevinM may use a similar play style, but let's be honest here, at least he is actually trying to play the game, hard to read or not.

@Guus: You have a hard time posting in English? Seriously, that's ****. You've made numerous posts on Newbie Mafia 5 and you've never complained about difficulty of writing or typing in English, so don't start with me now.

SSBF, what do you think we should discuss next?
One way to get actual discussions going is to ask questions. I'll start:

1. Why did you start playing Mafia games?
2. What were your previous experience with Mafia games?
3. What do you think of the Wii?
4. Do you play Mafia games on other sites?
5. Do you prefer Random Voting Stage or Random Question Stage?
6. Describe your play style.

I'll answer them later when everyone has posted their thoughts.

I won't make an vote just yet because I really haven't gathered enough information. Once everyone has posted their answers to above and I answer as well, then I'll make my first truly informed vote.

D

Deleted member

EBWOP: I'd also like to add at the first paragraph that it's especially disappointing to hear that coming from two relatively experienced players within one account (I believe McFox was one of the first people who asked for an game when the signup thread for Mafia games was created in March, 2009).

Clownbot

Smash Lord
They looked fun to me.

I've played a couple of casual, brief chat Mafia games. First forum Mafia game was Newbie 4. Felt I couldn't hack it and replaced out. Since then I joined a couple more games and I think I have a better hold on it.

It's not the best but it's not as useless as this question.

Nope.

Don't really have a preference.

I just play. As of now I don't really have a concrete way of playing.

Xonar, I haven't forgotten about your question but I'm still looking for some clarification on it.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
@Guus: You have a hard time posting in English? Seriously, that's ****. You've made numerous posts on Newbie Mafia 5 and you've never complained about difficulty of writing or typing in English, so don't start with me now.
The Newbie Mafia is a different game, it's much easier to understand and find a response to what people post. I have no trouble typing it in English, it's just exactly understanding it, directly or indirectly.

I noticed when SSBF voted for Blue Yoshi for self-voting in #27, he immedeatly said stop fooling around, start playing. It's as if RVS doesn't even exist. I don't really care who you vote in RVS, it seems useless to vote yourself, however it can bring out interesting reactions. He also asked for a wagon to get him to unvote himself. There really isn't a wagon needed for that + there's not that much wrong with self-voting in RVS as a first vote.

Keep in mind that no matter the set-up, unless an exception has been made, there will always be two mafia members on the run. A good suggestion is to keep susipicous mafia members to one and two, although if you find a 3rd person equally as susipicous, it's not going to hurt you.

I think I have an idea on how to keep our ideas organized and on the right track. We should assume this is a normal 9-player Mafia but with one person who is king (Xonar). That leaves eight.
Can you explain what you mean here? Do you think Xonar doesn't count as a player/can be scum?
Also, the discussing of the set-up was, to say the least, odd. I can't blame someone not as beautiful as me for such a silly thing though.

So let's get going to my rules:
So I was thinking we'd keep this reasonably democratic. I don't know if this was SSBF's suggestion, but I considered it when this game started.
The thing is, I'll give you all the chance to vote for someone, but I won't lynch someone purely based on votes, it will influence my opinion, though.
I ignore a 'vote' if it's based on gut feeling or without a reason / a good case.
Oh and to all lurkers, I'm a huge fan of Lynch all Lurkers, that means that if you lurk D1 you're probably gonna get shot.
Could this help the king not lynching scum in the unfortunate event he himself is scum?

Guus, why vote someone without reason?
Maybe we should call you Scuum instead!
That's a witty nickname.

Looks like Blue Yoshi finally unvoted himself. I'll Unvote.
Oh and about the bandwagon, I'm officially cancelling it since you've decided to unvote yourself. Now we can all take you seriously.
What a nice way to take your vote off of him as soon as people notice the vote was a bit misplaced. Good thing you called your wagon off, you can't support the wagon if you don't vote yourself, can you :urg:?
Super Smash Bros. Fan said:
Also, I was the first person who was actually scumhunting. For example, I pointed an FoS on soaring-raptor-blast for asking the king to lynch Blue Yoshi just after the game begun. The FoS remains on him, but like I said above, I am not going to make any votes right now, I'll wait for more information to come by.
Eh, a little FoS for a joke seems hardly like scumhunting. Nice attempt it was, though.

I do appreciate the vote count thing, though, but it's not gonna give town+ points (I hope you're not doing it for them anyway).
More later.

D

Deleted member

To kill time
"What was..." or experience should have been plural. als irrelevant question
It sucks
Yes
If this is RQS, then RVS as this BS has nothing to do with the actual game
Haha, so yo can get a read on me? C'mon.

I'll answer them later when everyone has posted their thoughts.
So you can post the most non-offensive and/or common answers?
Rather you answer them now regardless of their relevancy to the game.

I won't make an vote just yet because I really haven't gathered enough information. Once everyone has posted their answers to above and I answer as well, then I'll make my first truly informed vote.
You are gonne base your vote on aswers to these questions? Oh please.
Stuff in red

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
1. Irrelevant question!
2. What you mean?
3. Awesome. 360 is as fun. But that irrelevant question.
4. No.
5. Question. Questions raise discussion.
6. I don't know how.

@ xonar

Mcmaymays + Clownbot: No good read right now.

SSBF: Useless. His recent post ask question. questions irrelevant. Also been scummy. He want Blue yoshi wagon. No good reasons. Scummy IMO.

Guus: not sure what think. He stepped up his play. He isn't contributing much.

Blue Yoshi: April fools joke bad. Why do that? Unnecessary. He been Ok so far otherwise.

PaprikaKiller: Posting one-liners. Hard read.

Raptor: Need post. Hasn't contributed.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm gone for 1 day and this is what I see? Worthless players...
I'm not quite clear on where you're coming from. What do you mean exactly?
How does one play mafia?

Mcmays, do you have a posting restriction? I ask this again.

It's fun
To much to mention
Pretty cool guy
Yup
RVS
Like a boss.

Could this help the king not lynching scum in the unfortunate event he himself is scum?
I don't get it guus, elaborate. Be happy that I maintain a semi-democracy, I could also just ignore the reads you guys have and lynch whoever I want.

Swords, what are you thinking we should do about the lack of content?

D

Deleted member

The Newbie Mafia is a different game, it's much easier to understand and find a response to what people post. I have no trouble typing it in English, it's just exactly understanding it, directly or indirectly.
I can see what you mean now.

Guus said:
Can you explain what you mean here? Do you think Xonar doesn't count as a player/can be scum?
Also, the discussing of the set-up was, to say the least, odd. I can't blame someone not as beautiful as me for such a silly thing though.
Xonar is King, therefore, he decide upon the lynch, not us. He said that he would be influenced by the votes, that's why I didn't really include him. Xonar obviously counts as a player since I'm suspecting that we change kings once a day and that he's not a scum.

I also did the discussion of set-ups because I thought it was going to help town a little. Apparently, it backfired.

Guus said:
What a nice way to take your vote off of him as soon as people notice the vote was a bit misplaced. Good thing you called your wagon off, you can't support the wagon if you don't vote yourself, can you :urg:?
It was only intended to get Blue Yoshi to unvote himself, not a serious vote. It was more like a pressure vote for him.

[/quote=Guus]I do appreciate the vote count thing, though, but it's not gonna give town+ points (I hope you're not doing it for them anyway).
More later.[/quote]

Thank you. The only reason why I'm doing this is because I'm trying to keep track of people's opinion on who is scum, so it can help influence Xonar on his lynch candidate, not for town points. Also because I want to be nice.

@The Paprika Killer:

The Paprika Killer said:
"What was..." or experience should have been plural. als irrelevant question
I really don't see how it is irrelavant. I'm just wanting to know the past of your Mafia games, nothing else. I'd also like to add that Rockin asked the same question in Smash Bros. Mafia in an attempt to get us out of RVS and nobody bother him about it.

The Paprika Killer said:
If this is RQS, then RVS as this BS has nothing to do with the actual game
You did not answer the question properly. I was just asking for preferences, nothing else. That isn't really hard to answer.

The Paprika Killer said:
Haha, so yo can get a read on me? C'mon.
You're not helping with that excuse here. The point of the game is to gather information from other people and present it against them, not keep things silent and let the game become inactive.

The Paprika Killer said:
So you can post the most non-offensive and/or common answers?
The Paprika Killer said:
Rather you answer them now regardless of their relevancy to the game.

Not exactly. I'm just wanting to hear from you guys first, the answers do not influence my answers. You'll see.

The Paprika Killer said:
You are gonne base your vote on aswers to these questions? Oh please.

I should have thought of this before. What I meant to say was I'm going to base my first informed vote partly based off these answers. I'll be looking at contents and the way you answer them. Also, my answers will be relatively detailed, so don't think they're going to be one-liners.

@SwordRbroken: Regarding question #2, what I'm meaning is any previous experience with Mafia games. You know, first Mafia games, best Mafia games, worst Mafia games, heck, even Mafia games you're currently in that you joined before this Mafia game, something like that.

@Xonar and Clownbot: Thank you for answering all the questions I gave you. I really do like that.

@The Paprika Killer and SwordRbroken: I can see why #3 is irrelevant, but...

SwordRbroken: Why is #1 irrelevant? Please explain.

The Paprika Killer: Why is #2, #5, and #6 irrelevant? Please explain.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
It ask stupid question. Why i play mafia? It isn't contributing. Asking that question does nothing.

Now question 2. This question could fill pages. I tell you if needbe. Not necessary ATM.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Xonar obviously counts as a player since I'm suspecting that we change kings once a day and that he's not a scum.
Changing kings doesn't mean that you can re-elect the same king. The second looks like pathetic buddying to me.

McMaymays, people might see you as a good player, but with what you're doing right now you might just live up to your idiocricy that I am used to. Haha!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
How does one play mafia?
Just go with the flow. Try to look pro-town regardless of your alignment but don't try too hard. If you're town and you do this you get killed by mafia early on and if you're scum you could garner suspicion if you end up sticking around awhile after playing a pro game.

@Clownbot What you think of SSBF?
Trying really hard to look townie. He did a similar thing in Smash Bros. where he was scum after some suspicion caught up to him but this might be his general playstyle and not a scumtell. I haven't played with him enough to determine this yet because his role's only been flipped in one game so far.

D

Deleted member

2 and 6 are obvious. why should you care how many games I played? it's about how I'm performing here.
same goes for my playstyle. If you know it, good for you, otherwise I'm not gonna tell you how I play when I'm a certain role or even my posting style.

and I answered 5.

back to the actual game I'm more getting a useless town read on him right now than scum. his playstyle in SSBmafia was a bit more aggressive.

D

Deleted member

I said read.
and with the lack of other suspects I honestly want to get rid of him if he doesn't change his style (those questions didn't really help him in that point).
suspicion was kind of a bad choice in wording.

D

Deleted member

blegh, read as in getting town read not as in "I said you should read."

D

Deleted member

Eh, I'll answer them now. I don't feel like holding out until everyone has posted so I might as well answer them now. Beside, I have a lot to say.

I was searching around this forum looking for things to do. I was interested in what the Decisive Games had to offer so I went to the Mafia Signup thread and I decided to enter Smash Bros. Mafia. That's went my Mafia gaming addiction started.

My first Mafia game is in Smash Bros. Mafia, which started on March 8, 2010. At the same day, I joined Newbie Mafia 5 to get a feel of the game and just in case I got kicked off of Smash Bros. Mafia (Which was the case). Then I went to Mafiascum and signed up for Newbie Mafia 934 there, which started on March 29, 2010.

The Wii is an great system. Tons of original games, a system that goes against the flow, and is just a lot of fun. There are some flaws to the system, like unecessary region-locks, but it's still a great system and there are many games I want to get.

Yes I do. I go on Mafiascum.

They're equal. I like Random Question Stage for that you can gather more evidence that way and Random Voting Stage for unpredictable results. Especially good is when they go together.

I'm new to the game, so it's kind of hard to explain. I tend to post a lot, which tends to land me into the "Top Lynch Candidate" spot. I also like to ask questions during the beginning of the game to gather information as soon as possible

There you go.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
In my opinion, most of these questions are pointless (some have uses, but most are pointless). Nevertheless, I guess I'll answer them...

first game was monster island mafia here. I've also played tv allstars, getting schooled, the saints one, and... well, took part in the batman one, but didn't really play it since I was too busy. I don't play mafia anywhere else. I haven't played enough to have a preference between rvs and rqs... whatever rqs is... my playstyle is random, and I like to have fun, make jokes, make posts that make no sense... basically be myself (though since it's a mafia game, and making posts that make no sense makes you very suspiscious, I try to make it obvious that my "no sense" posts are done purposefully... :p

I love the wii. It makes an excellent paper weight. Really, was there any reason for this question at all? (but in honesty, yes, I do like the wii, they have some good games for it like brawl+, etc. lol :p)

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
SSBF said:
I'm starting to get a little suspicious of McMaymays. His earlier posts were good, but starting at #73, he started to act weird, like he's not taking the game seriously.
I'd love to see your case!

...in fact I'd hate to miss your case!

...in fact I'd love to hate your case! HAHAHAHAHA!

D

Deleted member

@McMaymays: Look at #73, #89, and #109. Your posts has basically been "Ha ha, lawlz" scribbled around it. You were actually doing well until those posts. Now it's almost like you're trying to act like a clown. I'll quote those posts right now:

McMaymays said:
That was as irrelevant as an umbrella during a hurricane! HAHAHAHAHA!
You said that post #68 was irrelevant to the game, yet that response to that post was equally as useless. This is a sign of contradiction.

McMaymays said:
How about Guus? This was a beautiful game until they spoiled it with a pig! HAHAHAHA!
Not funny. Guus has seriously made some good posts here, so I really can't see him being a Mafia member. Overall, your reasoning flat-out sucks.

McMaymays said:
I'd love to see your case!

...in fact I'd hate to miss your case!

...in fact I'd love to hate your case! HAHAHAHAHA!
Here's your opportunity to prove me wrong. One way to do it is not behave in an immature fashion, which unfortunately is the case for you.

I'd like a real reason why you voted for me. Not what you've been posting lately. Give out real evidences that I could be scum, and please, try being serious while your at it.

I would vote for you, but I haven't really gathered enough information for me to vote for you, but I will if you keep this nonsense up. I would also attack soaring-raptor-blast for his inactivity, but at least he is taking the game seriously.

BTW, if this is your planned play style toward me, then I'm sorry to say this, but you need to change it.

D

Deleted member

@Clownbot: I really doubt that. Before #73, he was actually making very good posts and was being calmed. Now it's like he's not taking the game seriously and wants to frame me for him action. I'll bring out two quotes to look over:

The part of the head that made that post has never played with Blue Yoshi, but I read a game where he did that. It was Batmafia and typically it's something scum can take advantage of (and did). I don't know why he does it, but to me it's just poor play.

Oh. Btw, he was town that game.

So there's two possibilities:

1) He think it's a funny meme to self-vote and lol about it.

2) He's scum and trying to keep his play-style even. He can say, "but, look, here I voted myself and flipped town, so it's just something I do." Either way, I don't like that he did it. Either way, it's bad for town, imo.

However, I think SuperSuckButtFace (Super Smash bros Fan) needs to be looked at more.

How come you were so confident that was the set-up? I could not be reading again, but I saw nothing that indicated this. Unless if you were mafia and were more privy to the roles that were in the game, you would not be aware of this information.

SSBF, you really were calling a bandwagon over a simple self-vote? I admit I don't like it, but c'mon.
This is really good. McMaymays is giving his honest opinion about me and Blue Yoshi and actually criticizing us for our actions. Now let's take a look at this:

McMaymays said:
The funniest thing about this game is that the clown is the smartest one here! HAHAHAHA!
Lacks contents, style of posting changed for the worse, and trying to make us all look like fools. There is no way the style he's using can be an restriction, if it was, then why wasn't he forced to do one or the other?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
SSBF, I still think they have a posting restriction and just aren't limited to making insults and hahas every single time they post. Maybe there's like... a quota or something, I dunno. It's pretty obvious that a lot of the players here have restrictions anyway.

McMayonnaise McMaymays, give us a legitimate case against Guus (if you really find him suspicious).

D

Deleted member

@Clownbot: That's another thing I'm finding suspicious about McMaymays. He said that Guus could be scum, but he has explained nothing on why he could be a scum. If his reason isn't good, I'm going to vote him.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
so I'm having these internet johns. after this I may be able to post monday, but for a couple days my activity is gonna be a bit bad...

SRB, why don't you post anything useful? (serious question)
Anyway, I haven't been joining the discussion as I see it as being rather useless.
it's unbecoming of your lordship to be so hypocritical ^__^

and I'm even more suspiscious of SSBF from the way he is reacting to Mcmaymay's posts. obvious posting restriction is obvious. I think he is trying to push suspiscion on him/her and trying to play us for fools by trying to keep us from noticing the obvious posting restriction, and trying to make us think it's blatant unhelpfulness.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Lacks contents, style of posting changed for the worse, and trying to make us all look like fools. There is no way the style he's using can be an restriction, if it was, then why wasn't he forced to do one or the other?
Do we really have to spell it out for you? He has to insult people. I guess if you're not pretty like me, you're not smart like me. Also, the pig reply was not meant as an insult, I got what it was.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I have trouble loading SWF. Sorry. Anyways....

SSBF = scum. He useless. Why he emphasize posting restriction? Why he emphasize posting restriction?

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
I wear my sunglasses at night.

Super Smash Brothers Fan. You're scum. You know how I know? Cus you push suspicion onto anyone, anywhere you can.

Also, I was the first person who was actually scumhunting. For example, I pointed an FoS on soaring-raptor-blast for asking the king to lynch Blue Yoshi just after the game begun.
We were in RVS, and it was so obvious... yet you push suspicion onto SRB for such a simple thing. You really think that's going to go anywhere? No.

McMaymays, who do you think should go right now, excluding SSBF?
There's only one person on my list right now, and that's SSBF.

I'm starting to get a little suspicious of McMaymays. His earlier posts were good, but starting at #73, he started to act weird, like he's not taking the game seriously.
This seriously made me question if you realized this was a hydra account or not.

EBWOP: I'd also like to add at the first paragraph that it's especially disappointing to hear that coming from two relatively experienced players within one account (I believe McFox was one of the first people who asked for an game when the signup thread for Mafia games was created in March, 2009).
Ah! Stalker!

But on a reason note, maybe you should start looking outside the box and stop pushing suspicion on anything you can...SCUM.

McMaymays, people might see you as a good player, but with what you're doing right now you might just live up to your idiocricy that I am used to. Haha!
l2spellcheck scrub! this is the second time you misspelled the same word!

how can you fail so hard when the tools to succeed are right in front of your face!

D

Deleted member

(shaken)I have officially been owned by everyone.

I have no idea who is suspect.

I have officially bombed at this game.

Everyone may now laugh at me.

But that doesn't mean I'm quitting the game, because why should I? I mean, my replacement isn't going to be able to make up for what I'm doing, so I might as well finish the job myself. And no, I do not want a lynch or vote myself, no one would do that.(shaken)

Top Bottom