• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Muppets Mafia | Game Over! Who lived happily ever after in Muppet Land?

D

Deleted member

I am very well capable of thinking about the setup, as are most people here.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@SSBF - Why discuss setup? Scumhunt, not guess setup. Scumhunt, not guess setup.

^ is what i mean post

D

Deleted member

very funny king Zonar.

I'd rather give my soul to the glorius USA if you talk that negative of me.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Haha lol I say we should vote for the person who does not read the rules (while doing my usual self-vote first post... which is unfortunate because it doesn't count since votes don't count), and SSBF agrees with me, then votes for me, then asks for a wagon on me?

We have no idea on what the setup may be. Sure that's the standard, but as you've obviously noticed so far this game, this isn't a standard mafia game.

At this point in the game, my read on you going on through the game is the guy who accuses people of random things that may or may not even be scum tells, then raising your town-ness (for want of a better word) by keeping the vote count, etc.

At this point in time, SSBF, you're the most suspiscious player in my opinion.

Since you want to keep track of the vote count, I'll put my vote on you. Vote: SSBF.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Nice point yoshi. He jump conclusion too fast. Get out of RVS stage. Get out of RVS stage.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
My vote was serious (well, my vote on SSBF that is. the one on me was a joke).

unless someone does something very suspiscious, SSBF will be at the top of my suspiscion list (though the real list that matters for today is Xonar's...).

SSBF, what mafia games here on smashboards have you played before? Just so that I can get an idea of how you play.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Guus, why vote someone without reason?

Maybe we should call you Scuum instead!

D

Deleted member

Looks like Blue Yoshi finally unvoted himself. I'll Unvote.

For those wondering what this poll is, unlike in normal Mafia game, 1. My poll is unofficial and does not determind who is scum, and 2. You do not have to unvote to vote for another person. However, your original vote will transfer to your latest vote. If you have a vote on someone, but something makes you unconvinced that this person is scum, you can still Unvote.

Right now, since Blue Yoshi made a smart decision and unvoted himself, he is off my susipicion list. I will not be voting for anyone until we can get some information in on who is possible scum.

@Xonar: Thank you for agreeing with my suggestion. I shall provide update once every day to once a day at the minimum, depending if there are new votes. The 2nd vote tally will be at the end of this post.

@Blue Yoshi: I should have clarified what I said earlier. I agree with part of your first post, but the 2nd part where you voted for yourself was outright stupid. The part I agree with:

Blue Yoshi said:
I think we should start the game by removing the dumbest player. There's a new rules format, so anyone who did not read the rules should be killed for being dumb enough not to read the rules.
Now the part that lead to my initial voting of you:

Blue Yoshi said:
So that said, I'll start it off the voting process by voting for who I think is the dumbest player in this game:

Vote: Blue Yoshi
Oh and about the bandwagon, I'm officially cancelling it since you've decided to unvote yourself. Now we can all take you seriously.

As for games I've played on Smash Boards, these are the games I have played:

Smash Bros. Mafia (Lynched on Day 2)

Currently in this game and Newbie Mafia 5. On Mafiascum, I'm in Newbie 934 under the same name.

I was considering becoming an replacement in DBZ Mafia, but given my poor performance at Smash Bros. Mafia, I've decided otherwise, since I desperately need to improve my skill before tackling a more experienced Mafia game like that. Now granted, I have the commitment, but I doubt I have the skills to play in the game.

I am also serving as a replacement in TMNT Mafia (Not playing, but I am serving as a replacement if the occassion comes).

@SwordsRbroken: The reason why I decided to discuss the set-up was because I wanted to help get to an conclusion that we should go after two mafia members in here. It's not from inside knowledge here, but how mods would typically use a 9-player setup.

Also, I was the first person who was actually scumhunting. For example, I pointed an FoS on soaring-raptor-blast for asking the king to lynch Blue Yoshi just after the game begun. The FoS remains on him, but like I said above, I am not going to make any votes right now, I'll wait for more information to come by. Now don't misinterprate this as an "I'm not going to play the game" excuse, as a matter of fact, I will be very active on the game, it's just going to take a couple days or so before coming up with my final decision.

Also, regarding me jumping to conclusion, I will admit that was a little hasty, but not everyone here likes the RVS stage. I do, but some people don't (RocketPSIence anyone?). However, I'll try not to interfear with the Random Votings until everyone here (We're still missing McMayMays) has posted.

@Clownbot: Keep in mind that we're still in the Random Voting Stage, so no need to criticize Guus yet. Also, you've gave me and Blue Yoshi an FoS with your reason being "This isn't a democracy, this is Xonarchy!", which basically means you were Random Voting as well.

2nd Vote Tally:
(1)Super Smash Bros. Fan: Blue Yoshi
People who have not voted: Super Smash Bros. Fan, McMayMays, SwordRbroken, The Paprika Killer, Clownbot, soaring-raptor-blast, and Guus

D

Deleted member

EBWOP: Sorry for the mistake, by "final decision", I mean first informed vote.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
My FoS on you and Yoshi was not only just an FoS (so it can't be counted for a Random Vote) but it was legit. I figured from how you guys were placing votes (although we know now that Yoshi was simply joking) that you hadn't read the rules or somethin' like that.

Also, McMaymays has posted. Don't be a skimmer. They have really bad milk.

Wocka Wocka Wocka

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Speaking of McMaymays.

Blue Yoshi, you like... start out the game always voting yourself. What's up with that man? One time thing is okay, but it really does just make you look like the dumbest person on the planet. I'd bet a bag of rocks would have smarts than you.

....HAHAHA

What games have you (dunno if it was McFox or Mayling that made the last post) played with Blue Yoshi? In which ones did he self-vote D1? What was his alignment?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I don't know which game I played with him, but I've played Monster Island (Indy, lost), getting schooled (town, lost), TV stars (town, lost), the Saints one (town cop, lost). My first post of every game includes very suspiscious content, major contradictions, parts which make no sense, and a self-vote (all purposefully added in for the lulz :p).

Hope that answers your question :p

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
What games have you (dunno if it was McFox or Mayling that made the last post) played with Blue Yoshi? In which ones did he self-vote D1? What was his alignment?
The part of the head that made that post has never played with Blue Yoshi, but I read a game where he did that. It was Batmafia and typically it's something scum can take advantage of (and did). I don't know why he does it, but to me it's just poor play.

Oh. Btw, he was town that game.

So there's two possibilities:

1) He think it's a funny meme to self-vote and lol about it.

2) He's scum and trying to keep his play-style even. He can say, "but, look, here I voted myself and flipped town, so it's just something I do." Either way, I don't like that he did it. Either way, it's bad for town, imo.

However, I think SuperSuckButtFace (Super Smash bros Fan) needs to be looked at more.

Please note that this is an F11 set-up, a normal set-up for nine-players games. These are the possible secnarios in an Mafia game like this:
How come you were so confident that was the set-up? I could not be reading again, but I saw nothing that indicated this. Unless if you were mafia and were more privy to the roles that were in the game, you would not be aware of this information.

SSBF said:
Right now, since Blue Yoshi made a smart decision and unvoted himself, he is off my susipicion list. I will not be voting for anyone until we can get some information in on who is possible scum.
SSBF said:
Oh and about the bandwagon, I'm officially cancelling it since you've decided to unvote yourself. Now we can all take you seriously.
SSBF, you really were calling a bandwagon over a simple self-vote? I admit I don't like it, but c'mon.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
oh right, I forgot batmanfia. But the reason I was voted out was not because of my self-vote (though funny enough, it ended up being the deciding vote). I was voted out because I was as inactive and useless as anyone could be. Even if I unvoted, I would have still been voted out later that day. I just was too busy to play that game (I was probably going to ask for a replacement going into day 2 anyways).

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
However, I think SuperSuckButtFace (Super Smash bros Fan) needs to be looked at more.

How come you were so confident that was the set-up? I could not be reading again, but I saw nothing that indicated this. Unless if you were mafia and were more privy to the roles that were in the game, you would not be aware of this information.
^^^great point. I didn't see anything saying the set-up couldn't be completely original. mafia certainly would know the scum to town ratio though wouldn't they.

I also think he's trying overly hard to look pro-town like yoshi said with the votecount thing, but also his FoS on me for my obvious joke post. makes me think he was trying to get other people to take it seriously and push suspicion on me. I thought it was pretty obvious I didn't want yoshi to be lynched right that second and it's weird to me that he would try and interpret it so literally...

VOTE SSBF

D

Deleted member

Looks like Blue Yoshi finally unvoted himself. I'll Unvote.

For those wondering what this poll is, unlike in normal Mafia game, 1. My poll is unofficial and does not determind who is scum, and 2. You do not have to unvote to vote for another person. However, your original vote will transfer to your latest vote. If you have a vote on someone, but something makes you unconvinced that this person is scum, you can still Unvote.

Then how are we expected to find scum?

@Xonar: Thank you for agreeing with my suggestion. I shall provide update once every day to once a day at the minimum, depending if there are new votes. The 2nd vote tally will be at the end of this post.

@Blue Yoshi: I should have clarified what I said earlier. I agree with part of your first post, but the 2nd part where you voted for yourself was outright stupid. The part I agree with:
Why was it stupid? this is RVS and it clearly got a reaction from you.

Now the part that lead to my initial voting of you:

So much for some actual gots. If you wnated to start a bandwagon based on his self-vote, the fact that he unvoted doesn't mean he never voted for himself what was the reason you voted him.

As for games I've played on Smash Boards, these are the games I have played:

Smash Bros. Mafia (Lynched on Day 2)

Currently in this game and Newbie Mafia 5. On Mafiascum, I'm in Newbie 934 under the same name.

I was considering becoming an replacement in DBZ Mafia, but given my poor performance at Smash Bros. Mafia, I've decided otherwise, since I desperately need to improve my skill before tackling a more experienced Mafia game like that. Now granted, I have the commitment, but I doubt I have the skills to play in the game.

I am also serving as a replacement in TMNT Mafia (Not playing, but I am serving as a replacement if the occassion comes).

@SwordsRbroken: The reason why I decided to discuss the set-up was because I wanted to help get to an conclusion that we should go after two mafia members in here. It's not from inside knowledge here, but how mods would typically use a 9-player setup.
it's "a conclusion". furthermore it should have been obvious from the start that this isn't a "typical" game, so don't expect such a setup either. There is also a huge difference between saying "there are likely 2 scum" and the whole list thingy you did, especially with the town PRs.

Also, I was the first person who was actually scumhunting. For example, I pointed an FoS on soaring-raptor-blast for asking the king to lynch Blue Yoshi just after the game begun. The FoS remains on him, but like I said above, I am not going to make any votes right now, I'll wait for more information to come by. Now don't misinterprate this as an "I'm not going to play the game" excuse, as a matter of fact, I will be very active on the game, it's just going to take a couple days or so before coming up with my final decision.
You call dropping an FoS during the RVS scumhunting. And please, if you mean these kind of posts by active, then don't.

Also, regarding me jumping to conclusion, I will admit that was a little hasty, but not everyone here likes the RVS stage. I do, but some people don't (RocketPSIence anyone?). However, I'll try not to interfear with the Random Votings until everyone here (We're still missing McMayMays) has posted.
So? you're not supposed to play the game in order to make it a nice place for others, you're supposed to get scum lynched. period.

@Clownbot: Keep in mind that we're still in the Random Voting Stage, so no need to criticize Guus yet. Also, you've gave me and Blue Yoshi an FoS with your reason being "This isn't a democracy, this is Xonarchy!", which basically means you were Random Voting as well.
If we're really in RVS, why such attempts at serious post like this one and the one about the setup?

2nd Vote Tally:
(1)Super Smash Bros. Fan: Blue Yoshi
People who have not voted: Super Smash Bros. Fan, McMayMays, SwordRbroken, The Paprika Killer, Clownbot, soaring-raptor-blast, and Guus
You're missing xonar, just because he's doesn't mean he has no vote. he has to make his opinion clear too you know.
Stuff in read.
Huge suspicion on SSBF here
Vote: SSBF

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Darn idiots, trying to get things done... *sigh*

Look, this is the RVS. You guys are trying to draw WAY TO MANY conclusions from what we have right now, especially you, SSBF, with your way to early FoS. As a result from this, people immediatly tried to attack you over your 'case' n stuff (while I saw it as simply a result from being enthusiastic), but it doesn't matter.
SSBF I would like if you stop posting so much fluff though. stuff like
"Now don't misinterprate this as an "I'm not going to play the game" excuse, as a matter of fact, I will be very active on the game, it's just going to take a couple days or so before coming up with my final decision." etc etc, it's unnecessary and makes reading your posts extremely annoying :/

I'm thinking of SSBF as overenthusiastic right now, not town or mafia. I think his FoS, votes and 'cases' are just a result from trying to get town into a turbo start, which I appreciate, but are straight out dumb.

Btw, it's nice to see blue_yoshi still doing that self-vote thing x3

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@SwordsRbroken: The reason why I decided to discuss the set-up was because I wanted to help get to an conclusion that we should go after two mafia members in here.
Why we need know this? Doesn't matter how many scum. Like i say, scumhunt. No guess setup. Doesn't matter how many scum.

D

Deleted member

for someone that's overenthusiastic he isn't making much of a contribution.

D

Deleted member

I seriously laughed when you said "SuperSuckButtFace". But on a serious note, you're acting like nobody bothered to care for my case when most people has already gotten at me for the posts I've made and I've even received a few votes for it. So far, only me and Blue Yoshi has actually received true investigations.

McMaymays said:
That is how they typically set it up at Mafiascum. Look at the Newbie games there and you'll notice that most games follow that setup, that's why I bother to explain it in the first place. However, like other said, this has different mechanics in the game, so it very well be different.

McMaymays said:
SSBF, you really were calling a bandwagon over a simple self-vote? I admit I don't like it, but c'mon.
Frown did the exact same thing on Newbie Mafia 5 and when other people voted for him, nobody got mad at the person for voting Frown, so why should we start now? And beside, the bandwagon was nothing more then an attempt to get him to unvote, which worked.

Since everyone is criticizing me for "guessing set-ups", I'll officially abandon all discussion of the set-up and start focusing on scumhunting for now on.

D

Deleted member

except you're not the one that can just say "it is over". fact is that you still were discussing the setup while you should know better, this being a kingmaker game.

also
"has already gotten at me" should be "have already gotten at me"

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
Frown did the exact same thing on Newbie Mafia 5 and when other people voted for him, nobody got mad at the person for voting Frown, so why should we start now? And beside, the bandwagon was nothing more then an attempt to get him to unvote, which worked.
!

You have the memory of a Walnut. (Walnuts don't even have memories!)

Frown flipped townie in Newbie 5. So why are you trying to bandwagon Blue Yoshi for doing the same thing a townie did?

SUPER VOTE SSBF!!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Just because Frown was a townie doesn't mean it's a towntell. People have different playstyles and such, you know.

Although I do agree about how it conveniently slipped SSBF's mind when he was making that post. Kind of odd.

D

Deleted member

!

Yeah, really good joke there. If we were talking in real life, I could prove to you that I have a very good memory and can remember things from when I was three years old. No litterally.

McMaymays said:
Frown flipped townie in Newbie 5. So why are you trying to bandwagon Blue Yoshi for doing the same thing a townie did?

SUPER VOTE SSBF!!
So what if Frown flipped townie? He should have never voted himself in the first place, also, he was really inactive in the game.

Also, I explained above that I was not doing an bandwagon on Blue Yoshi anymore. But why did I bandwagon him?

Given that I've self-lynched myself in Newbie Mafia 5, I know that self-voting is nothing more then an stupid attempt to get people to laugh at your response and move on. Continuing to do that will get people to notice that it could be used as a scum tatic, like you said yourself.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Frown self-voted himself as a joke during RVS.

You hammered yourself at L-1.

I don't think you can really compare the two...

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
People who self-vote in RVS are joke-voting (I do that every game on my first post and keep it on me until I find someone else suspiscious). People who self-vote at L-1 have given up on the game and don't want to play anymore (MagnificentMarth in the Saints mafia, for example). They are completely different.

And... well, your bandwagon on me was not the reason I unvoted. I always vote for myself at the start of every game, but you were so suspiscious I changed my vote to you much earlier than I usually do (I usually have it on me for 3/4 days... you helped me break my record lol). Also... your bandwagon was not a bandwagon since it only had you in it (well... if you want to be technical, it also had me lol)... and saying you're officially removing your bandwagon because I unvoted... well, makes you more suspiscious.

I don't want his majesty to quicklynch anyone (might as well go through the entire time limit), but at this point in time, I'm fine if SSBF gets lynched today. All his posts are either huge walls of text with no content, or... well, outright suspiscious content. I don't think he's made any significant contributions other than his votecounting...

Also, your royalness, as lovely as you look relaxed on your throne... uh... sleeping?... (you got a little drool falling down on your chin... right there... uh, it's on your shirt...) *ahem*... I think it would be best for your kingdom if your highness joins us in conversation, as your words of greatness would be of great help.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Also, to everyone, I think there has been more than enough talk about past games. So far, two days have past, and only 41 posts have been made since the game started, most about things not related to this game. As great as talking about the usefulness of self-voting and what this guy did in that game, all we are doing is wasting time. So... if you guys don't mind, could we try to keep posts more-or-less related to this game? This way, we can get more scum slips, more pressure wagons, more etc.

At the moment, having conversations about past games gives scum a free post about what this guy did in that game, and can lurk freely while making their one post every day/two days (whatever the limit is).

I'm not saying stop talking about the usefulness of strategies in this game (e.g. keep talking about my self-vote if you want), but... well, lets try to move forward in this game. Basically, we're at a standstill of people either talking about how suspiscious SSBF is for whatever reason or talking about previous self-votes and the outcomes. Lets move forward people :p

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Guys, Gheb accidentally slipped the roles to me... so here they are:

McMaymays: Town cop
The Paprika Killer: Vanilla Townie
Super Smash Bros. Fan: Town village idiot
soaring-raptor-blast: Town doctor
SwordsRbroken: Mafia goon
Guus: Vanilla Townie
Xonar: Mafia Roleblocker
Clownbot: Mafia voteblocker
Blue Yoshi: Just too darn sexy for this game

Please take this post very serious, as it is a very serious post... well, at least the part about my role... :p

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
oh, I just realized time zones may affect april fools... so for the record, my last two posts (the ones about me knowing the roles) are jokes. The rest are not. According to my time zone, it is currently 1am as of this post...

Don't worry, if you thought that was a mean april fools joke... you haven't seen anything. I've been doing stuff on the computer for a full hour lol :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Activity count:

4.1: Blue Yoshi, McMaymays, Clownbot, Super Smash Bros. Fan, The Paprika Killer
31.3: soaring-raptor-blast, SwordsRbroken, Xonar
30.3: Guus

Guus has time until 5:08 PM (Central European Time) before he receives his first prod. Otherwise, nice activity. Keep it up!

:059:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
!

[/B]
Did you have to make it that obvious? :/
Only an idiot would do that! I'll prove you're an idiot, look at these Statistics about your idiocracy(spelling?):

Anyway, I haven't been joining the discussion as I see it as being rather useless. SSBF has been useless and distracting from scumhunting, true, but is it good to discuss it? It's not scumhunting, it's idiothunting.
McMaymays, who do you think should go right now, excluding SSBF?
TPK, what do you think about Guus his inactivity as compared to his SmashNL activity?
SSBF, what do you think we should discuss next?
SRB, why don't you post anything useful? (serious question)
Swords, what do you think about the players in this game? No lying to your king plz.
Guus, why are you so inactive?
Blue, I have no question for you, stupid self-voter.
Clownbot, what do you think is the essence of mafia?

@
McMaymays: Do you have a posting restriction?
Guus: Do you have a posting restriction?

Top Bottom