• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Montage fails at tournament hosting thread. PLEASE CLOSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
This is supposed to be a BRAWL major. dmbrandon doesn't even want Melee at all. I don't care either way, but if we're going to have Melee, it's not going to equal Brawl in importance or priority. Sorry. Brawl's the new game.

Skler

Smash Master
I'd be complaining even if it were melee crews. I just don't like crew battles taking away from parts of the tournament that more people enter, it isn't even because of the game. I figure most people would rather have full doubles (for both games) then crew battles.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'd be complaining even if it were melee crews. I just don't like crew battles taking away from parts of the tournament that more people enter, it isn't even because of the game. I figure most people would rather have full doubles (for both games) then crew battles.
Doubles is being ran on a seperate day than crews. Crews will be the shortest event of them all. VLS only had a bracket for doubles and nobody really made such a big fuss over it.

Skler

Smash Master
I would have preferred pools. I'm not saying crews are bad/evil, I'm saying full doubles would probably make people happier (if you have the time for it).

Just ask around and see what people want more (again, if you would have the time for full doubles, otherwise don't bother).

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The problem isn't crews. Crews will be ran on the same day as SINGLES events, after the singles pools are done or towards the end of singles pools. It's going to be ran at night.

On Sunday, we will lose the Windsor Room most likely. That's the reason we won't have time to do pools for everything. We have to get to pro brackets for singles by Sunday.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Oof, this is looking better than before now. And Trademark, that is one enormous load in your signature.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Personally, I don't see what's so appealing in giving M2k money. That's melee tourns are.

Brawl, at least you have a shot.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
What, then, prevents you from just playing it? Why throw the money away on a game that is outdated? What has m2k or any other top player done for you, to make you want to help pay his bills?

We can set up a bunch of TVs for free play.

I'm not against singles, but doubles is a waste. But w/e the tournaments are for the community!

Aesir

Smash Master
What, then, prevents you from just playing it? Why throw the money away on a game that is outdated? What has m2k or any other top player done for you, to make you want to help pay his bills?

I'm not against singles, but doubles is a waste. But w/e the tournaments are for the community!
because melee isn't dead, it still has a scene. people still want tourneys for it, so it won't ever be a waste as long as theres a turn out for the game.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

Dm you know I respect you but at this point please stop telling people that the game is old. I do not see a sponsor over my head telling us to run brawl only. This is community based events. Stop trying to force your will on people. We have time for doubles so lets do it and have everyone have a good time.

If anyone has questions about the tournament im me on LIGHTXDREAM and I will help you.

As far as crews I will talk to OWM and we will consider Regional crew battle rather than a crew tournament because it would make more sense at a major. To be honest I do not think many will care about a tournament but a Regional thing like FC would be sweet.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Hey Alex, why don't you read posts before posting yourself. You look awfully silly when you repeat when people say, and then use it against them.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey Alex, why don't you read posts before posting yourself. You look awfully silly when you repeat when people say, and then use it against them.

You mean when aesir said what he said?

Dude come on people just need to enjoy life and stop *****ing. Its even annoying me having to constantly come on here and rebut all arguments or decisions made because of what OWM and myself have agreed upon.

Aesir

Smash Master
It did kinda seem like you were trying to say, you didn't want melee to have a tourney spot at this.

While I may be wrong and I sometimes am, thats probably what Alex was point out. I don't see how having both doubles and singles for both games is a waste no ones being alienated and everyone can just mingle and chill and we can finally say that both games can co-exist with each other.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
DM: The schedule is created by me, don't forget that.

I might as well post this since i'm more or less being forced to, I'll just leave out times.

The event consits of this:

Melee singles
Brawl singles
Brawl teams
Brawl crews, not regional.

Pools for all singles.

Crews is singles elimination, I'll decide stock later.

This is final and times will be posted when I can.

Anymore bickering between Alex, Inui and DMbrandon needs to go to PM's immediately and stay out of this thread. We work together and if we have problems it needs to be private.

trademark0013

Smash Champion

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to try to go to this but I really don't know. Maybe I can take a train or bus or get a ride?

Have you decided on what days each event will take place?

Sir James

The Doctor
I'm going to try to go to this but I really don't know. Maybe I can take a train or bus or get a ride?

Have you decided on what days each event will take place?
I really want to go to this also. I was going to post here to see if any CT smashers wanted to split a hotel room or something and carpool to the venue or just arrive there by train / bus. Does anyone know the train schedules and if we can take public transportation to the venue from CT? I'd really like to avoid driving to the venue if I can. I went to Cataclysm 3 and it was amazing. I definitely don't want to miss out on the fourth.

Skler

Smash Master
Yeah how is the housing thing working? I'm a huge fan of sleeping at the venue, it's free and the floor is comfortable.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I might go to this and bring Texas >_>.

I am already going to Arizona and Florida this summer though, so I don't know.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Crews is singles elimination, I'll decide stock later.
I see absolutely no reason we can't make crews double elimination. Single elimination means you're paying $10 to potentially play only one single match. You could also be paired up against an amazing crew first round and lose when you should place much higher. If we have to cap Melee's entry to a low amount or start earlier in the day to make it double elimination, we can and will.

lightxdream, stop acting like only you and OWM make the decisions. This is my venue. dmbrandon leads Montage. We'll be supplying a lot of set-ups and I'm the one with access to everything and authority at the hotel.

Skler

Smash Master
Capping the entry to a tournament is a horrible idea unless the venue can only fit a certain amount of people. Capping tournaments to make crews run better is just insane. Not everyone enters crews, not even half the people who go usually enter crews. I'm in a crew and I'd much rather have a full tournament than crews.

Listen to the community, not just your crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom