• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Montage fails at tournament hosting thread. PLEASE CLOSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Are the tournament hosts ********? No offense to you OWM obviously, but caps on melee? Crews before teams? Calling Brawl the new game is all well and good but seriously?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Double post but I don't care, I don't even own this tournament but I put in a motion to close this thread until tournament hosts have a clue what they're doing

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Wow everyone needs to calm down?

Calling people ******** isn't making the situation any better.

I also remember OWM saying to leave the discussion for the tournament rules and such OUTSIDE the thread. So Inui, stop posting about it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It's ******** to have arguements between hosts in the thread when noone knows what they're doing, I stand by that especially since Wes knows I love the guy :)

Both of my posts still stand.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Believe it or not, I know exactly what I'm doing guys, but no one who is involved consults me before saying anything which then results in our problem.

I left venue and rules up to you guys (Montage) in return for taking everything else especially schedule into consideration myself, bottom line is, if you don't respect that this event does'nt happen. At least not with any of our help and without that, you guys can't do this on your own. Despite how cocky you are, we're the ones with the experience hosting major tournaments, making them run smooothly and supporting/nurturing the community at the same time.

At this point, Blackmage and I have decided to withdraw any and all help from us and our crew unless/until you come to your senses, and give us the power to determine the things that were given to us to handle.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
We've been discussing this as whitemage has suggested already, and you guys have pretty much been doing things polar opposite the way a large scale tournament should be hosted. You fight about rules and regulations in the thread in front of everyone, you ignore everything that people want at this tournament (essentially losing popularity), insulting regions (florida? i know it was fun to rag on them but they have lots of great players and cool people there), and have almost completely ignored the wishes of the mages in the preparations for this tournament.

Im not going to let you ride on the mages good repuation in hosting tournaments to host your own. No way. Believe me, it looks bad enough to cancel a tournament like this as is, but theres enough reason to not go through with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom