• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Heh, I got Biggoron's sword, but Instead i used the Master Sword. The Dark Link fight was possibly the best fight in any Zelda game, while TP Ganon comes a close second.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
As I was stating earlier, I want a new 3D Zelda game with Zelda 2's combat difficulty (not its 2D play style). I miss dying multiple times to a particular opponent. As fun as Zelda puzzles are, I miss the days when the puzzle was the monster. The Zelda 2 knights were ridiculous but way fun. I cannot remember a difficult Zelda fight since then. :(

Vorguen

Smash Champion
BuzzSaw, I had the golden cartridge for N64, I heard that one was even HARDER. If I remember correctly he might have been able to block it, but 9 times out of 10 the hammer just hit him. It was ridiculously easy, and that's why just using the sword was the way to go.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I only own the Master Quest version for Gamecube. My Dark Link blocks the hammer more than half the time. :(

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Maybe it has been updated. If I remember correctly it hardly ever happened. Maybe they wanted to make that fight more challenging? I'm sure they recognized it as one of the greatest fights ever...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
My awesome "technique" was to just spam Din's Fire. I virtually never use that move in combat; I figured this would be a logical place to start.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
No! Now you have to replay the game all over again and do the fight over with your sword! If you kill Dark Link with ANYTHING that isn't a sword, you are breaking protocol. No, you are committing a felony!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I have beaten Dark Link with the sword. I remember doing some combo that ended in doing the overhead jump slice (Z-target + A).

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Seriously. All this talk of Dark Link is making me want to go put OoT in.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm slow. I take 20 hours to beat the core game.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yeah I was just pulling numbers out of the air. I'm sure it would take at least way more than 10 hours even if you know everything and breeze through it. Plus, seriously, I can't help but MAKE the Biggoron's sword.

It's just calling out my name.

arfer

Smash Cadet
why doesn't it make you want to put LoZII in? I thought the second one was the first appearance of Dark Link, wasn't it?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
why doesn't it make you want to put LoZII in? I thought the second one was the first appearance of Dark Link, wasn't it?
Correct. He was at the very end of the game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only problem is... once you start OOT, there goes 10 hours of your life playing the whole thing. 20 if you get all skulltulas.
I was able to hunt down every single golden skulltula but 1. My map had every area complete, and that was making me mad. I searched through a strategy guide to figure out if I had forgotten one or something.

I ended up using a game shark...

Wasn't there some kind of glitch in OoT that allowed you to replace an item with a bottle?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Yes. You can catch a fairy, switch items really fast, and have that item become a bottle.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I only own the Master Quest version for Gamecube. My Dark Link blocks the hammer more than half the time. :(
Salutations, BuzzSaw. I don't believe we've spoken before, but anyways...

I want to say that all of the bosses (including Dark Link) were improved in MQ, because he blocked a large proportion of my Megaton Hammer swings in it, whereas in the normal quest, he was not able to.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I still haven't beaten Master Quest. I was stuck in the Dodongo's Cavern for about a year, came back, got to the Forest Temple and got stuck again. I don't think I've played it for a few months...

I really, really hate the Forest Temple.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I really, really hate the Forest Temple.
I really, really love the Forest Temple. And Water Temple. And Shadow Temple. And Spirit Temple (oh God, THE SPIRIT TEMPLE!).

Yeah, the Fire Temple is the only one that doesn't do anything for me (and to a lesser extent, despite being listed above, the Shadow Temple).

Master Quest is incredible. I got all the way to Ganon's Tower, but some bug wouldn't allow me to lift one of the enormous rocks in the fire dungeon, so I could not beat the game. Really sucked.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Greetings, Spire III. :)

Water Temple is the best.
Forest Temple is epic.
Shadow Temple is an abomination. :mad:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Master Quest is incredible. I got all the way to Ganon's Tower, but some bug wouldn't allow me to lift one of the enormous rocks in the fire dungeon, so I could not beat the game. Really sucked.
Have you tried contacting Nintendo about it? Looked around online? It sucks that your game has a glitch, but... maybe there is some way around it? I know that Nintendo would take back old copies of Twilight Princess that had the game-breaking glitch in it, so maybe they still have a few old copies of Master Quest lying around.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Oh, and the Forest Temple had scary music.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Forest Temple is epic.
Yes
Yes
Huh?

You didn't like the Shadow temple? I know it wasn't the greatest, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's an abomination.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I love the Forest Temple so much. Aesthetically, it is without a doubt my favorite dungeon ever. I just loved it so much. The courtyards, the details everywhere. Even the outside; I lovede its location. It just seemed so cool. And I loved that it wasn't just a "get to the end" dungeon where you're just fighting through rooms to get to the boss. You had the "Little Women" ghosts to hunt down. I was slightly bothered when they reused that in the Arbiter's Grounds, but whatever. The Forest Temple music was so good too. I always think of it as being the border between music and sound, it's so weird. *goes to play* Ok now that I have the proper background music... It was so good. Did I say that already? Plus, you were rescuing Saria, of whom I'm a fan. And on and on.

I loved the Deku Tree too. Also good music. *Switches iPod to that* And it was just awe-inspiring. Of course, it was my first dungeon in a Zelda game that wasn't LA, so yeah. But the atmosphere was incredible. I still remember "2-3-1. 23 is number 1", and cannot help but think of that whenever I think of the number 23.

It may seem like I have a thing for forest dungeons, but honestly, these two set my standards so high that none have impressed me since. The one in WW? Meh. The boomerang was cool, but that's it. And in TP? Solid, but not on the same level.

Also, I was just thinking about the other dungeons in WW, and thought of the mirror puzzles in the Wind (?) Temple. (I always forget which one's which.) And I've decided that for mirror puzzles in any future Zelda where you move the mirrors on blocks, the blocks should not be on tracks in the floor. If they are, the blocks shouldn't be on one end, and the solution spot shouldn't be the other. I think we as Zelda players can figure out where to put the blocks. And this doesn't mean putting obvious symbols on the correct spot either.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Random factoid: when fighting the poes in the Forest Temple, you can throw deku nuts to make them uncloak. It's much easier than waiting for them to uncloak on their own.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Random factoid: when fighting the poes in the Forest Temple, you can throw deku nuts to make them uncloak. It's much easier than waiting for them to uncloak on their own.
Shoot, I knew Deku nuts had to be useful somehow. I'd just given up on finding one long before that.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Greetings, Spire III. :)

Forest Temple is epic.
Why don't you like shadow temple? :(

I admit bongo bongo was one of the worse bosses in the game, but running around depleting your green magic bar with the lens of truth was fun!

My favorite temple is easily water temple as well, and this is EXCLUDING Dark Link. As soon as Dark Link enters the picture Water Temple becomes my favorite Zelda dungeon ever.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It's hard to tell here because I know lots of people who adore the Lens of Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom