• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Lol. Some parts look legit (speaking of the video where Link is just lying there). But for the most part it's weak.

Dawn of the new day with a white background gives it away.

pickle962

Smash Lord
This is so well done. It actually creeped me out by the "end". Good job to whoever made it. I didn't even read the story behind it because those stories are always lame and unbelievable but the videos themselves are creepy enough.
I read the story...It's pretty freaky...I'm actually a believer in the paranormal...Sometimes when people die, they "live on" in something that belonged to them...In this case, this supposed BEN kid died and he now lives in his copy of MM...All that freaky stuff was probably BEN trying to talk to the guy and clue him in on how he met his end...

Tacel

Smash Lord
I believe it.
Have you seen all three videos?
I'm pretty sure that you can't hack like this.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
A lot of people have pointed out that the quality of some scenes couldn't be as good as they are unless it was done on an emulator. I personally can't advocate this, but it's one (of multiple) reasons a lot of people believe it to be fake (aside from the overall unbelievability of it, lol).

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I believe it.
Have you seen all three videos?
I'm pretty sure that you can't hack like this.
You certainly can. You can see stuff very similar to this by simply just using a Gameshark. Check out OoT's "Beta Quest" And as mentioned, the textures are really high res in some sections, and really smooth for being an N64 cartridge. Plus, if he wanted authenticity he would have set up a camera to film him playing on a TV.

It's not real, but it's really well done.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Personally it would be more annoying than creepy as a ghost stuck in a video game would be a lot easier to get rid of than a demonic possession, Poltergeist, Run of the mill get out of the house now ghost, or Vampires (I mean the scary ones not the twilight sparkle ones :mad:.) Any of the above ghost/undead would scare me a lot more than a video game ghost.

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
cival war pwns!!!! i cant wait... i want to become leader of one of the nations and have the overall say >:D i wanna claim the land and make everything zen yeah... death mountain will become my throne hahaha but yeah :] im looking forward to it

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Where did the ghost touch you?
Hey, there have been some people who had real encounters with ghost before it is not something to make fun of unless it is a harmless video game ghost. (Which in this case was a hacking job and nothing more than a bakemono monogatari.)

Fun Fact: 80% of all hauntings are proven false a good other 20% of hauntings are unexplained.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
iirc there's a few scene's taken from OoT in there though, particularly the Owl outside the castle, and the Happy Mask Shop. Has to be fake.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Isn't Bakemonogatari an anime? I remember watching something like that way back.
Bakemonogatari is an anime but Bakemono is japaness for monster and monogatari translates to story so in short, monster story or in this context ghost story.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Hey, there have been some people who had real encounters with ghost before it is not something to make fun of unless it is a harmless video game ghost. (Which in this case was a hacking job and nothing more than a bakemono monogatari.)

Fun Fact: 80% of all hauntings are proven false a good other 20% of hauntings are unexplained.
where's your source?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
New vid was weird. Not only was it less spooky than the others, I didn't really get the point, and the only two important aspects of this entire thing seem to be the scary and the story, so overall kind of disappointing.

Nevertheless, I'm also pretty eager to see how it all wraps up.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The registration period lasts a week, so come Saturday, we will begin admitting people into their respective factions so the game can begin.

pickle962

Smash Lord
New vid was weird. Not only was it less spooky than the others, I didn't really get the point, and the only two important aspects of this entire thing seem to be the scary and the story, so overall kind of disappointing.

Nevertheless, I'm also pretty eager to see how it all wraps up.
Me too...I'm dying to see how this all goes down...

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Whatever that creepy pasta that's been going around the internet, I don't get it.

Nothing in this hacked emulation of the game has garnered any emotion from me. Admittedly, the scenes in the actual game that concerned the Song of Healing soothing the souls of those who needed the healing. Most notable was the Goron. I almost teared.

Still, all this hacking and editing to get attention is apparently doing the man some good as he's already got a **** ton of views.

Nothing in a video game has ever struck me the way this man is trying to accomplish. Call it me being overcritical, and a disbeliever of the paranormal, but this is WACK YO!

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't even read the backstory for the videos. The whole creepypasta fad is pretty lame because nobody knows how to build suspense with their stories. But these videos by themselves are really impressive, and occasionally pretty creepy. It's not supposed to change your way of life or anything.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
But it fails to achieve its goal with me.

I am not creeped out. I ask myself "Why?" I think "What is it he's trying to say?" "What is the message this hacker is trying to make?"

I read the whole backstory and still am left with my dinner still here, now cold.

pickle962

Smash Lord
But it fails to achieve its goal with me.

I am not creeped out. I ask myself "Why?" I think "What is it he's trying to say?" "What is the message this hacker is trying to make?"

I read the whole backstory and still am left with my dinner still here, now cold.
whether it's real or not, it's still a well written story...Kept me on the edge of my seat for a good 15-20 minutes...

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
It was my grandmother. She's my guardian angel.....

And, Lashing Leaf, I doubt you will become a leader unless you actually know how to plan and make strategic moves real well. But, judging on your 2 posts you don't seem like that type of person.

Anyways, w/e faction I'm in I will contribute alot and guarantee victory. Regardless of whether I am the leader, another special position, or just a member. Somebody quote this, WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
accually haha i play quite a few stradegy games like:
ages of empires I-III
starcraft
warcraft *not wow*
advanced wars *all*
civilization
sim city
and finnally the original ghost recon :]

i LOVE COMPUTER GAMES lol im like the best military leader a group could get i think threw my options and move fast i may appear weak at times but its not for long... i dont lose when it comes to stradegy ;D

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm not saying it was terribly written. It was a decent read. I feel the curse words should have been omitted, but I suppose that helps in making it more believable.

Still, I want to know why this person is putting forth all this effort. I don't do something like this without reason. If it was to get attention - He succeeded.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
It was my grandmother. She's my guardian angel.....

And, Lashing Leaf, I doubt you will become a leader unless you actually know how to plan and make strategic moves real well. But, judging on your 2 posts you don't seem like that type of person.

Anyways, w/e faction I'm in I will contribute alot and guarantee victory. Regardless of whether I am the leader, another special position, or just a member. Somebody quote this, WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!
There you go all quoted for you.

Also I think that you might have a slightly bias opinion.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm not saying it was terribly written. It was a decent read. I feel the curse words should have been omitted, but I suppose that helps in making it more believable.

Still, I want to know why this person is putting forth all this effort. I don't do something like this without reason. If it was to get attention - He succeeded.
Why not? Why not make a cool little rom-hack thing if you have the technical chops to do so?

As for passing it off as a real ghost story, meh. He's not a great writer and could have done it a hundred times better, that's why I feel the videos are more effective by themselves. But if you don't find any of it creepy, then there's nothing really more to be said. People are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom