• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I doubt it. Aonuma said in an interview once that "We are trying to make Zelda, which has become very complicated, easier to play." You see, Zelda's control scheme isn't complicated at all. I'm sure to new players of the series, the actual game is complicated, so it's making Zelda more accessible, but are casuals really the market for Zelda? :/
From this, I infer that they're breaking the field-dungeon-item-boss-repeat formula to make it even more linear rather than more non-linear, so that we may just be holding Link's hand through the game rather than experiencing it. Oh no :ohwell:

Though Aonuma also said that they're trying to make the world larger and more explorable than ever before, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The games have been very linear anyways since Wind Waker.
Which only supports my inference that by "easier gameplay" he means the way the game is handled, like Epona auto-jumping obstacles while you're fighting on her back, rather than easier difficulty.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just thought I'd make note of something that was pointed out at /v/ while I browsed 4chan.

The gerudo symbol is found on Onox and on Veran. Then, apparently, there's a stylized symbol on Zant that resembles the symbol as well.

I never really paid attention to it. Interesting.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Just thought I'd make note of something that was pointed out at /v/ while I browsed 4chan.

The gerudo symbol is found on Onox and on Veran. Then, apparently, there's a stylized symbol on Zant that resembles the symbol as well.

I never really paid attention to it. Interesting.
Shows allegiance to Ganon if anything at all.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Onox appears to be some sort of Iron Knuckle, and Veran mysteriously resembles the Twili. Coincidence? I think not.
Though Veran is actually a demonic fairy who merely takes humanoid, beetle, bee, and spider forms. Remember, Twili cannot be seen in the world of light, yet Veran most certainly is.

Spire

III
BRoomer
She is known as the Sorceress of Shadows, and with the Twili being the people of shadow, you never know. Veran is definitely one of my favorite characters in the entire series. I would love to see she and Onox return in the future.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
That was due to Zelda or Zant doing something, right? I haven't played TP in a while so I can't really remember. Considering the fact that OoS/A comes after TP in the timeline, it's possible that Veran is one of Midna's descendants.
How do you know that they are in the same timeline? Do you have any evidence?

Zelda did give Midna the Triforce of Wisdom, and that may have had something to do with it. I don't think she could be seen in the world of light before that cutscene.

X1-12

Smash Champion
sorry to interject but I just finished TP for the first time (lazy i know, but it wasn't that fun...) and DANG the credits are long

then its like oh look credits are over and we have some dialogue..

SIKEEZ!!!!!1

more credits just for you...

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I loooooooooooved TP's credits. I think it's because I'm a music fan, and I looooooooved the music at the end of TP. Almost as much as I loved WW's staff credit theme.

:034:

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Yo, if nobody minds me doin this.....

I run a forum it's called Game Land, we discuss everything......

If anybody is interested in looking at it pm me for the link or just click on my sig bar.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Yo, there's a rule against advertising. You might not want to continue doing it, lol.
i'm not a ****** but you can hold my hand if that's what your intention is. I know where the line is..... But if y'all ever want to chat yall can go there if yall would like.........

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You know where the line is? I thought you would have noticed that it is now several feet behind you.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/articles/the-message-of-majoras-mask/

That was an interesting read. My attention was caught in the beginning, and how the writer analyzes the structures of Ikana Canyon and its dungeon.

It intrigues me enough to see if there may be more symbolism like that in other games, not just Zelda. I want to see whether a developer has actually put that much imagery and message in their games that isn't clearly pointed out to us, but something we have to think about.

I still find a stretch to call those structures phallic in form, their curves suggest more a female form. But when I saw the other images of the four icons, I can almost see the anatomy of the phallic in one of the images.

MOST interesting.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Not to derail the thread or any thing but...
Holy mackerel. I'm starstruck. Joeadok, you made that? And I'm assuming the Mewtwo in your avatar also? Would you mind doing more art for us? If I could request:
- Vaati
- Veran
- Onox
- Skull Kid w/ Majora's Mask
- Majora's Wrath
Work in progress but I figured this would interest you, Spire VII. Onox just needs hands.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Good **** bro!

You should try to make little comic strips in 3D......

EDIT: Is it me or has anybody else noticed the incredible drop in activity?

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I've noticed it, but I just figured it was normal seeing as I'm relatively new here. I just thought that I came in during a high, or that when I came here I had a lot to catch up on and so it seemed more active because I was reading more. I guess there's just not a lot happening in with Zelda in the world right now.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I am so impressed Joeadok.

Yeah, the room has been slow as of late. No active projects to keep interest.

Man, I've been worse than Miyamoto when it comes to that ??? thread of mine ;) We'll get it up soon.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I loooooooooooved TP's credits. I think it's because I'm a music fan, and I looooooooved the music at the end of TP. Almost as much as I loved WW's staff credit theme.

You're not alone, except I don't think anything can beat WW's ending credits song.

:070:

Has the whole "prophet of light" thing been discussed yet?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Hey guys, this seemed like the best place to ask this: I have a week and need something to play, and I'm going to play MM around the end of June. Should I play TP or OoT since it connects to MM? I'm afraid of finishing OoT in time, though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Here's some awesome Hyrule Castle art from the Japanese TP strategy guide:

Kind of reminds me of old 90's high-res game renders trying to look super realistic, but failing to do so.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It does look pretty detailed, though I prefer it actually looking gameish in the games.

So I'm playing OoT and I'm realizing how great this is. I never really beat it on my own before. The Hype and Praise is well deserved. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom