• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
N&B was really cool at first, but once you unlock too many parts (and get to around the 4th/5th world) it just feels incredibly redundant and no longer enjoyable.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I am really interested in playing some of y'all at brawl kinda something else to add to that.

I have an Avenger Initiative to give to whoever is interested......

If interested then pm me....

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah, I pretty much never play Smash anymore. I have no desire to really ever play 64 or Melee, and Brawl is only fun with people and the online sucks crap so I only play when I'm with buddies.
Yeah. Brawl is meant for free-for-all all items on max on stages like Pokemon Stadium 2. :laugh:

-Terywj

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah. Brawl is meant for free-for-all all items on max on stages like Pokemon Stadium 2. :laugh:

-Terywj
Uh, no. Smash 64 is like... lol, Melee is competitive by certain values, and Brawl is competitive by other values, yet neither need items to be enjoyed. I honestly prefer how Brawl plays over Melee, yet both are wonderful games.

Though, Brawl+, Brawl-, and Balanced Brawl are superior in every way. I recently installed BB and holy mackerel, LINK CAN RECOVER! His up special does not leave him stunned, so he can tether afterwards, even from far below the stage. I tested the Hyrule jump from top to bottom and he can make it. Can't quite make it from bottom to top, but it's a huge improvement. Seriously, BB is more enjoyable than any Smash Bros. game to date imo because every character is balanced. There are no tiers and if they exist, they do at a microscopic level to where they don't matter at all.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Uh, no. Smash 64 is like... lol, Melee is competitive by certain values, and Brawl is competitive by other values, yet neither need items to be enjoyed. I honestly prefer how Brawl plays over Melee, yet both are wonderful games.
I know. But I didn't reference Smash 64 or Melee with my last post. I just feel that overall Brawl is much more hectic and fun when you play with the settings I mentioned before.

Though, Brawl+, Brawl-, and Balanced Brawl are superior in every way. I recently installed BB and holy mackerel, LINK CAN RECOVER! His up special does not leave him stunned, so he can tether afterwards, even from far below the stage. I tested the Hyrule jump from top to bottom and he can make it. Can't quite make it from bottom to top, but it's a huge improvement. Seriously, BB is more enjoyable than any Smash Bros. game to date imo because every character is balanced. There are no tiers and if they exist, they do at a microscopic level to where they don't matter at all.
Care to link me to some Balanced Brawl videos? I never bothered with any of the Brawl whatever games, probably because I lacked Homebrew, etc.

-Terywj

Spire

III
BRoomer
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mi9y1k8l6hY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mi9y1k8l6hY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

And I felt obligated to say how I felt about SSB64 and Melee if I was going to say how I felt about Brawl. That is why I mentioned them.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah. Debates about which smash games are the best don't fly in the smash-related rooms. They definitely won't fly in the Zelda room.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
@X1-12, for me it's Zelda>Smash. There aren't any good players in my area (everyone plays Xbox here), so I'm generally stuck playing Smash with my younger brother and his friends (mind you, they're all far younger than me). Because Zelda is a single-player game, and of decent quality, it's really far better for me. I love the Smash series, but it simply doesn't hold a candle to Zelda.

:034:

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
That's silly. Why even compare two entirely different types of games?

Tetris> Fallout 3
We're not comparing them, simply talking about our preferences between the two. Considering that we're on a site that is mainly Smash, but on a subforum about Zelda, it doesn't seem too far fetched to talk about which of the games we prefer.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Actually, putting them in a tier list together is comparing them. The games are made with vastly different design decisions to appeal to that particular genre.

I dunno, just seems silly to me. I love Smash, and I love Zelda. I can't put one above the other because they are different experiences altogether.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I can see where LT is coming from. While I think i would usually have more fun with Zelda, with friends, I have more fun with Smash. Two completely different experiences, so it's really hard to compare them. For me, at least.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I really can't compare them either. Compare Zelda to Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Mass Effect, and Final Fantasy, not to a platforming-fighter-sports game (yes sports, Sakurai himself said Smash is like a sports game in that you're trying to hit an object into a goal to rank up points).

X1-12

Smash Champion
don't you think that zelda has more limits than smash..?

I mean i LOVE OoT, but I've comepleted it so many times.. I've also beatn masterquest 3 or 4 times, and I've done it with only 3 hearts no fairies etc... and now I'm led to be doing the UBER CHALLENGE* which is just silly when you have to do things like the infamous cuccoo jumpwhich took me a good hour and a half.. Meanwhile smash seems much more endless.. atleast when i can find people to play against (melee)

* if you are curious, the uber challenge rules are:

-3 hearts, no Heart Pieces whatsoever
-Buy Giant's Knife and break it ASAP, and use that at all times (except in the
Graveyard and while fighting Ganon)
-All Medallions
-1 Bottle
-No deaths (death counter at file select must say 000)
-No Iron Boots
-No capacity upgrades
-No Great Fairy gifts except Magic Meter and Din's Fire
-No Gold Skulltula family gifts from 20 or more Gold Skulltulas
-No Goron Bracelet
-No Fire Arrows
-No Lens of Truth
-No Longshot
-No Silver Scale
-No Zora Tunic
-No Gerudo's Card
-No Maps or Compasses
-No Biggoron's Sword
-Cannot use Action Replay, Gameshark, etc.
-Cannot use Crooked Cartridge (touching your game cartridge while playing)
-Cannot use Din's Fire outside the central room of the Water Temple
-Cannot use Megaton Hammer to attack enemies (exception of stunning Volvagia)
-Cannot use Megaton Hammer outside the Fire Temple
-Cannot use Deku Sticks to attack enemies
-Cannot use power crouch stab
-Cannot use bottle except to show Ruto's Letter to King Zora
-Cannot learn any songs except Song of Time, Zelda's Lullaby, and Minuet of
Forest
-Must have Shadow Medallion before entering Forest Temple
-Must fight Dark Link

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Some of those rules are downright impossible, like no Iron Boots. How the **** are you supposed to clear the Water Temple like that? I've gone through the game with 1 bottle a couple of times; Ice Cavern is really annoying that way.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
That's silly. Why even compare two entirely different types of games?

Tetris> Fallout 3
Exactly. My favorite game is a freaking visual novel, but I don't go around and say that it's a better game than Ocarina of Time.

To quote the Old Spice commercial, "Different scents for different gents."

Some of those rules are downright impossible, like no Iron Boots. How the **** are you supposed to clear the Water Temple like that?
You glitch like a *****.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Exactly. My favorite game is a freaking visual novel, but I don't go around and say that it's a better game than Ocarina of Time.

To quote the Old Spice commercial, "Different scents for different gents."
So which scent do you prefer? Smash or Zelda? Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't see a problem with the question... Oh well, I'm not going to keep beating this horse.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Some of those rules are downright impossible, like no Iron Boots. How the **** are you supposed to clear the Water Temple like that? I've gone through the game with 1 bottle a couple of times; Ice Cavern is really annoying that way.

erm a variety of things including golden scale, hoverboots, hookshot odd bomb jumps and bombchu jumps/glitches

the full guide if you wanna read

Spire

III
BRoomer
I don't think I'd ever be willing to do that. Like LT said, it just sounds incredibly unfun.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I think we went over this already, and I believe that Spire's opinion was that they mean easier controls rather than easier enemies. It would make sense considering that we're moving to motion controls. Anyway, I can't see it getting any easier than Twilight Princess.

Speaking of ease of play, I actually found OoT Darknuts easier than TP Darknuts. In OoT, just block and hit, block and hit. In TP, you could do this and still not get a hit. Even doing the roll technique wouldn't work. Personal opinion, of course. I probably just haven't found the right pattern for them.

Edit: Crap, Spire beat me, and I didn't even notice until an hour later. I feel ********.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This was posted in the Zelda Wii thread. By "easier to play", I think he means a more user-friendly style of gameplay (using Wii Motion+), but that does not mean the actual difficulty will be easier.
I doubt it. Aonuma said in an interview once that "We are trying to make Zelda, which has become very complicated, easier to play." You see, Zelda's control scheme isn't complicated at all. I'm sure to new players of the series, the actual game is complicated, so it's making Zelda more accessible, but are casuals really the market for Zelda? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom