• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Metal Discussion (Come in here for the chugga chuzz of the br00tal metal)

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Hmm... Just noticed this thread. I should come by here now and then as it seems to fit my taste of music.

Yersinia - "Den sista sång jag skriver till dig"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlY2laM_Di4

They sing (scream) in swedish. Their music is influenced by hardcore but I think it fits in this thread.

Very high tempo'd and intense. Seen them live a few times. They make me a proud swede :)

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Friends of mine recently saw Alestorm and Kamelot in Phoenix.

They said Alestorm is super fun to watch since they maintain high energy and are apparently really funny.
I was also told that in the middle of one of their songs the lead singer/keytarist bend down to pick up a beer and drank it in the middle of a solo. And like... goddamn, if that's not a spectacle to pay for...

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Why would you try to censor dodge goddamn when it isn't even censored?
Anyways, if you guys have heard of exhumed, apparently their bassist vomits on stage like every show... ._.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
One of the times I saw Heavy Heavy Low Low, the lead vocalist was puking all over the stage/himself midsong and curling up his arms so he looked like a t-rex while vomit/mucous swung out of his mouth. It was really gross and depressing and kinda hilarious and awesome all at once.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Thanks! I love our drummer. I play rhythm guitar. That song is a sorta icebreaker song. It's really straightforward and simple. The stuff we're writing now is a lot crazier and I can't wait to record it :3

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Thanks! I love our drummer. I play rhythm guitar. That song is a sorta icebreaker song. It's really straightforward and simple. The stuff we're writing now is a lot crazier and I can't wait to record it :3
SWEEEETTTT!... Hype.. Cant wait to listen to more . I really enjoyed this song.

Goodluck with Everything :D

:phone:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I was watching some BTBAM performances to get me hyped up for the show in November and I found this

http://youtu.be/Elf5bZqLqls

an orchestral rendition of The Primer. Really showcases how brilliant the band is at pure composing/songwriting. Though I would have rather have made it into a more baroque-style composition rather than the slow building, Tchaikovsky-like style that this person did.

Geist

Smash Master
Your band sounds totally legit LT, I wish you guys the best of luck lol
Also that btbam cover is wicked. I need more now.

Roughsauce

Smash Rookie
If all the people on this forum are scenesters I'm going to kill myself. I wish more people in the world listened to good music >___________>

Anyone check out Mastodon's latest album? Howabout Evile? Warbringer? Opeth? Lots of awesome albums came out in September. I've listened to all of them so far, and they're all really good. Mastodon's newest album is a change of pace, but I really liked it.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
If all the people on this forum are scenesters I'm going to kill myself. I wish more people in the world listened to good music >___________>

Anyone check out Mastodon's latest album? Howabout Evile? Warbringer? Opeth? Lots of awesome albums came out in September. I've listened to all of them so far, and they're all really good. Mastodon's newest album is a change of pace, but I really liked it.
What is that supposed to mean? Do you want everyone to listen to what you do?

Also: The Agonist is really good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jud_SnKTlY

"Thank you Pain"

Zwarm

Smash Hero

I really liked Heritage and The Hunter. I don't listen to the other two.

:phone:

IAmHero

Smash Rookie

I don't like Mastodon. They're a bit overrated if you ask me. Gojira is a better version of them. Opeth is okay but again its no really my thing.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
One time a scene kid called me a poser because I don't wear metal clothes.
So... Let me get this right... The fact that I don't have to identify myself with my
music and I don't wear the same clothes as you means that... I AM A POSER? LOLWUT

Anyways, regardless of your feelings towards "Scenesters," the validity of the good deathcore bands isn't null/void just because you don't like how they act.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I don't like Mastodon. They're a bit overrated if you ask me. Gojira is a better version of them. Opeth is okay but again its no really my thing.
What's Gojira's best album in your opinion? I've always wanted to listen to them after hearing a Flying Whales and Global Warming off of From Mars to Sirius.

And I just recently gave Mastodon another try, and I realized I really like them.

Opeth's new album blows :/

awesome music video for Devil's Orchard though

http://pitchfork.com/news/44090-video-opeth-the-devils-orchard/
I'm guessing you like the death metal side of Opeth more? I actually really enjoyed Heritage, because I love both parts of Opeth, so a heavier version of Damnation is awesome for me.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
What's Gojira's best album in your opinion? I've always wanted to listen to them after hearing a Flying Whales and Global Warming off of From Mars to Sirius.

And I just recently gave Mastodon another try, and I realized I really like them.

I'm guessing you like the death metal side of Opeth more? I actually really enjoyed Heritage, because I love both parts of Opeth, so a heavier version of Damnation is awesome for me.
No, I like the good songwriting side of Opeth more.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Rofl, you got me there. I admit some of the lyrics were corny and a few of the songs like Slither were kinda generic, but I still enjoyed the album overall.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Don't get me wrong, it definitely has its moments. It's just to me, it feels like they thought up a whole bunch of cool 70s riffs and threw them together pretty haphazardly. There were definitely lots of parts where I was like "whoa this is awesome!" but it never really added up to anything to me.

I'm not huge on Opeth in general. My favorite is probably Blackwater Park, but I'm not entirely familiar with them either.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Ah, that makes more sense then. I'm a huge Opeth fan. They're one of my favorite bands, and I've been listening to them for like 6 years now, so yeah. Blackwater Park is amazing, I don't really have a favorite album though. Top 3 (in no order) are Blackwater Park, Deliverance, and Ghost Reveries, definitely.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
While I wasn't the one asked, I just wanna say The Way of All Flesh is, imo, Gojira's best, followed closely by From Mars to Sirius.

I love them so much

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I actually saw them live with Dream Theater last week in Salt Lake. They put on a great show.

And I really liked Opeth's new album

I know it's a really unpopular opinion, but what can I say.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I actually saw them live with Dream Theater last week in Salt Lake. They put on a great show.

Thank you! I agree about Opeth.

And I'm not a fan of Trivium, I just can't get into them.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink

Ah! You got to go to that?!
I wanted to, but i have money johns :(

Top Bottom