• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Metal Discussion (Come in here for the chugga chuzz of the br00tal metal)

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Linkin Park is metal and almost all of us in here respect their first albums, as they were gateways into heavier music.
Meteora and Hybrid Theory were and still are awesome.

Also, you guys should listen to Cryptopsy more. I find a lot of value in their music when I look up the lyrics.
None so Vile is definitely their best work... Lemme get a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYv269-HcqU

IAmHero

Smash Rookie
Linkin Park is metal and almost all of us in here respect their first albums, as they were gateways into heavier music.
Meteora and Hybrid Theory were and still are awesome.

Also, you guys should listen to Cryptopsy more. I find a lot of value in their music when I look up the lyrics.
None so Vile is definitely their best work... Lemme get a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYv269-HcqU
Cryptopsy is a great band. Its just to bad that their last album completely alienated all of their old fans.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah. Not to say that any of the new cryptopsy stuff was horrendous, but it was pretty much the polar opposite when it comes to metal. I am not a huge fan of deathcore anymore, hold Carnifex, but they were OKAY. They were much better when they were tech/brute death.
Uh... but did you hear? Lord worm is coming back.
He played on stage with them at some show, of which I am not sure, and it is rumored that he is mixing up a new album with a few of the members- Enough to still be called Cryptopsy.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Played my first song ever in public at a local metal fest! was lots of fun and I think I did alright. It was an awesome night in general. Sure, there were a few terrible bands but it's always worth it to me to support local acts even if they suck balls. And it made it even better when the later/more bigger bands came on and they knew how to set up their equipment so it sounded good.

The highlight for me was Quarter the Villain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POHtWH9QcGs . THEY KILLED IT. By far the most fun I've had at a Daytona Beach show in...well, ever, lol. The age range was ridiculous. There were 50 year old dudes, and 10 year old girls and everything inbetween.

Cave Moth was another highlight. IMO, the most promising newer local act around. I've been repping these guys for a while and the show didn't disappoint even though they don't have a bassist. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCEXFZga9JA

The headliners were Von Wolfe, Playing for Keeps, and With My Bear Hands. All pretty good bands. Not really my style though.

IAmHero

Smash Rookie
Yeah. Not to say that any of the new cryptopsy stuff was horrendous, but it was pretty much the polar opposite when it comes to metal. I am not a huge fan of deathcore anymore, hold Carnifex, but they were OKAY. They were much better when they were tech/brute death.
Uh... but did you hear? Lord worm is coming back.
He played on stage with them at some show, of which I am not sure, and it is rumored that he is mixing up a new album with a few of the members- Enough to still be called Cryptopsy.
I don't really have a problem with deathcore, but I can see why people don't like it. I'm a big Whitechapel and Carnifex fan.

Lord Worm coming back is great. I'll have to look into it. Hopefully they go back to their old sound.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Vocals are weird for me.
I can really feel the vocalist trying really hard to deepen himself as much as possible, but he isn't treating his voice right.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
I like the vocals, he isn't really trying to do deathcore style which is a plus for me. But I do love the breakdown in that song, and the last minute is just beautiful.

And they play in drop G# on a 6 string. crazy stuff

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
luigi do you have videos of you playing? i'd like to view
unfortunately not. I was going to bring my camera along but figured it would be too crowded and risky. It was kinda just a timefiller show really, and we did a lot of improv. We're mostly focusing on writing and recording. Hopefully we will have some music up ready for people soon!

I also have some footage of me doing some covers somewhere on one of my SD cards. If I find anything good I'll post it up

The Ben

Smash Journeyman
If you haven't listened to The Contortionist, do yourself a favor and listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPot3WsuM04
This song would be better if it didn't have the first minute and a half. I almost turned it off since it sounded like really awful generic metalcore and then it kicked in. If these guys were better song writers and cut out the chugga chugga breakdowncore crap they'd be pretty awesome.

Be'Lakor anyone?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
unfortunately not. I was going to bring my camera along but figured it would be too crowded and risky. It was kinda just a timefiller show really, and we did a lot of improv. We're mostly focusing on writing and recording. Hopefully we will have some music up ready for people soon!

I also have some footage of me doing some covers somewhere on one of my SD cards. If I find anything good I'll post it up
I don't frequent this thread much so forgive me if this has already been answered but, what's the name of your band?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
This song would be better if it didn't have the first minute and a half. I almost turned it off since it sounded like really awful generic metalcore and then it kicked in. If these guys were better song writers and cut out the chugga chugga breakdowncore crap they'd be pretty awesome.

Be'Lakor anyone?
Listen to flourish by them, it's got crazy *** time signatures and a big ending just like is oscillator

Geist

Smash Master
Opeth's new album is very good. Even though the whole thing is pretty much a 70s prog throwback with a lemon opeth twist, there's still some very metal sounding sections.
But for the most part it's more or less 'what if King Crimson had Mikael Akerfeldt in it'

which somehow works, i dunno

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
my band's got a demo recording! I wish I could show you guys now! The next song we're recording is going to be boobs.

instead, since I haven't been listening to a ton of metal lately, I will post this

http://mavenjones.bandcamp.com/track/the-browning this is the side project of David Isen of horse the band. This song is amazing. The rest of the EP is pretty good too but this song is the best. I love the chorus with the vocoder vocals and guitar tapping. I also love that flamenco acoustic rhythm.

"take the time to throw a line, reel it in, get left behind. lose the grip, postpone the trip, sail another day. aint it funny how i bash my face on the wall in vain? seems like someday i'll get tired of waiting thinking that it'll change."

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6E6xJg9Pk4
Some old Cryptopsy.
The reason I post this so randomly is that it has the most amazing scream ever. It is looped, but apparently that was only for sound consistency. Lord Worm CAN do screams that intense for that long.
Nobody knows if he is inhaling or exhaling, because the intensity and loudness and length of the scream is pretty unprecedented, and having all of those things is pretty impossible. I definitely don't have that kind of stamina when exhaling, and when inhaling, it definitely can't be that consistent and loud.
Other than the scream, the riff that starts midsong is addicting. The scream is happens at 3:45.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6E6xJg9Pk4
Some old Cryptopsy.
The reason I post this so randomly is that it has the most amazing scream ever. It is looped, but apparently that was only for sound consistency. Lord Worm CAN do screams that intense for that long.
Nobody knows if he is inhaling or exhaling, because the intensity and loudness and length of the scream is pretty unprecedented, and having all of those things is pretty impossible. I definitely don't have that kind of stamina when exhaling, and when inhaling, it definitely can't be that consistent and loud.
Other than the scream, the riff that starts midsong is addicting. The scream is happens at 3:45.
Daaaaaaaaamn! That's really impressive though knowing it's looped makes it not very cool.

and Cryptopsy still sucks

:p

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Daaaaaaaaamn! That's really impressive though knowing it's looped makes it not very cool.

and Cryptopsy still sucks

:p
The thing is, though, that he can do that extremely well live. It just isn't documented on video >.>... Because Blasphemy made flesh WAS recorded in the mid 90's

Jane

Smash Hero
A-HA! i finally know what luigi looks like. you were the last one in the hiphop thread that i always wondered. pretty much every other regular i've seen. mind if i add you?

anyways, i'm gonna see BTBAM and animals as leaders in november. suuuuuuper stoaked. i just got into animals as leaders recently (when i found out they were coming with btbam) and i must say they are ****ing amazing. apparantely all of the music is written by the lead guitarist. gnarly shizz.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm actually not on the band's page at all yet. It's a secret that I joined so far :shhh:

but, I got a facebook too.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000527481485

in fact, it's how i found this band. I don't get why people hate facebook, it's been extremely useful for me.

also: there is a rumblin that Number Twelve Looks Like You may be regrouping. when they get 1000 twitter followers, they're going to tell us a surprise!! If they get back together my soul will explode.

also also: I'm stoked for the BTBAM/Animals show! I don't care much for Tesseract though. I wish Dillinger was playing the FL show I'm going to since I love Dillinger almost as much as BTBAM

Top Bottom