• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Metal Discussion (Come in here for the chugga chuzz of the br00tal metal)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
One thing that weirds me about, especially in that video, is that he never uses vibrato. EVER.

It's just weird as hell. He has to be doing it intentionally because there's no way he got that good and doesn't know how to do vibrato.

Geist

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfXCPvkqBM8
Mastodon's new leaked single sounds everything like I wanted it to be. It's almost like they're returning to the form they had in leviathan.
Hotness

Also I can't say I care for IWABO's new album. I gave it a few shots and I felt a collective bleehh. At least it's not as much of a disappointment as Arch Enemy's latest album. I barely finished that one :/

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I've never been down with mastodon too much... but that is the best drumming I have ever heard from them.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Did someone mention tosin abasi?

He kicks ***.

Come to think of It, I remember reading in a guitar world issue that his favorite piece of gear is a custom shop hollowbody rga8, though I've never seen him use anything like it.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Did someone mention tosin abasi?

He kicks ***.

Come to think of It, I remember reading in a guitar world issue that his favorite piece of gear is a custom shop hollowbody rga8, though I've never seen him use anything like it.
He was rated #2 for best metal guitarist under 30. I love his work

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
So, in November I'm going to see BTBAM headlining, supported by Animals as Leaders and Tesseract.

that is a ****ing amazing lineup. The only lineup I can immediately think that was better personally was IWABO opening for HORSE opening for BTBAM.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Oh

Does anyone else have the new Suicide SIlence CD?
It's a 7.5/10, but it's not bad. And it's got some good instrument work.
Alot different than past stuff.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
So, in November I'm going to see BTBAM headlining, supported by Animals as Leaders and Tesseract.

that is a ****ing amazing lineup. The only lineup I can immediately think that was better personally was IWABO opening for HORSE opening for BTBAM.
They're coming to PA the day after my finals week is over! :bee:

But it's across the state...:c

**** it I'm going anyway!!!

:205:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman

I saw Protest the Hero with Maylene and Tesseract back in April, be prepared for a kick *** show

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Protest the hero are kinda weird, but I like them.

Unearth's new album gives me a boner.

The guitars and drumming are devastating.

My friend got Trivium's new album today too.

I'm not the biggest fan of them, but they have some good stuff.

Hopefully the album will be decent guitar wise anyway.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
I love Protest the Hero, all 30 of their songs are amazing. Their new album doesnt disappoint

So BTBAM, AAL, and tesseract are coming near me, guess I'm going to that show as well.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
^ first minute of that song sounds like it would be on a Metroid Prime soundtrack.

i'm digging it though, love how their name came from LA Confidential too

Palpi

Smash Hero
I am not a huge fan of crazy sporadic technical math influences parts, that is why I never got into protest and other bands like BTBAM, though I like BTBAM much more than protest for their songs are more interesting and their soft interludes are beautiful.

Listened to Opeth for the first time in like 3 weeks last night and it was a great idea, can't wait to see them.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I love Protest the Hero, all 30 of their songs are amazing. Their new album doesnt disappoint

So BTBAM, AAL, and tesseract are coming near me, guess I'm going to that show as well.
Scurrilous is so gross.
They completely took out all of the factors that made them anything but Progressive metal. The reason I like them so much is because of how undefined they were, but Scurrilous was a silly attempt at a commercial Prog album.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't find Scurrilous that incredibly different from their other albums to warrant such a reaction.

In fact that's why I don't like it that much. it just sounds like Protest the Hero. I ****ing hate when bands don't surprise me.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Scurrilous is so gross.
They completely took out all of the factors that made them anything but Progressive metal. The reason I like them so much is because of how undefined they were, but Scurrilous was a silly attempt at a commercial Prog album.
It takes getting used to, but it's not that big of a jump in style for them, it sounds way more mature than Fortress though.

I feel like they took out some of the cheesiness in Fortress but replaced it with bad lyrics from Rody.

Kezia still trumps all anyway

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Old school metal.
Black Sabbath,Dio,Rainbow,Metallica,Iron Maiden,Judas Preist,etc.
Hard to beat time weathered classics.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Guys,

Trivium's new album is liquid gold.
It was 18 tracks. All are very well done. It's their most well rounded album i've heard.
IMO it's probably their best, they've combined vocals from Shogun and Ascendancy and the guitar work is phenomenal.

Not to mention, the new drummer is sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU6-NrUZG_o&ob=av3e

DUSK DISMANTLED
DUN DUN D UND UNDDUN

3:13 gets me every time.
MMMMM

Palpi

Smash Hero
In my personal experience, everyone I meet that is into metal either loves Trivium, or ****ing hates...there is no middle ground. I personally am not a fan either ;)

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I personally don't like them. Their style of metal isn't my cup of tea and they are soooo cocky.

Oh and half of their songs just scream Metallica.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Anybody here listen to Last Chance To Reason? I'm really surprised I haven't heard of them before, they seem like a very talented group. From the two songs I've heard from them, they seem heavily influenced by BTBAM and Tesseract (moreso Tesseract), and have some pretty catchy keyboard lines.

Last Chance To Reason - Upload Complete

EDIT: Trivium isn't bad, but not something I can listen to for more than one or two songs at a time.

:205:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Ya'll are doin' it wrong.

Their new album is pretty damn good.
Alot of their Crusade album screams trivium.

Their new stuff is defintely more melodic.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Saw Trivium live at Ozzfest 05 or 06... they performed pretty well live. I don't like them, but they were a lot better than all those alternativey bands. Still, they seem like a poser extreme metal band that wants to be an extreme metal band.

(also, lol at that picture Super Sonic posted; that made me lulz hardcore!)

Also, funny story, one of my younger brother's friend's thought I looked like David Ellefson from Megadeth, and asked me if I liked them, and told me how he was sad he had to go to a wedding over their concert with Slayer and Testament. I dug in my backpack, dug out the Testament drum stick I caught (beat off three drunk guys for it; it stills smells thanks to Paul Bostaph's sweat, lol!), and it was like.... BAMMM son! I do notz disappoint! :) :grin: :laugh: :chuckle: :cool:

Funny stuff... >.>

Top Bottom