• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Metal Discussion (Come in here for the chugga chuzz of the br00tal metal)

Geist

Smash Master
Thank you Omnicron, hail Santa

So I've been looking a bit into new Djent, or whatever it's called, and I really like it. Periphery, Chimp Spanner, and Tesseract are some of my best finds so far. Anyone else listen to that at all?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
What do you guys think of White Wizzard?

Their influences include Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Dio. To me, they blend a little bit of the 3 into their style. I'm liking them alot. :mad:
Dedicating my 6666th post to the metal thread.

You silly satanists better be happy.
Aw, how kind of you.

Praise the dark!

Palpi

Smash Hero
White Wizard disbanded and formed Holy Grail...without the other guitarist or some ****.

I've seen holy grail twice....i don't like them that much, they just opened for blind guardian and eluveitie.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I love that new Darkest Hour joint! I didn't like Eternal Return much at all. I'm still not quite over the lack of Kris Norris but this song is great. I don't listen to In Flames so I can't really comment on the similarities there. The vocals seem harsh as hell, I like it.

I'm on a drummer kick again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SipS7QFiUAk&hd=1 this kid is amazing. by far the best BTBAM drum cover I've seen.

and of course my drum idol Jon Karel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM833twnldQ&feature=related

what creativity and stamina <3

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Does anybody have a link to the full album?
Also, I don't like the two that I have heard so far.
EDIT: I just want to update that I think that most of this is terrible.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
He definitely screams at a few points but yeah, no growling. My favorite part of the album is a part from Tapestry that sounds almost just like a part from Bloodmeat off of Fortress. So, I guess I will go back to Fortress :p.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
He screams but it is only a partial scream that pretty much blends with his falsetto. It doesn't really give contrast like in fortress/kezia.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
He's just being immature.
He refused to acknowledge anything I said. The conversation basically went like this:
Sean: I don't like this for these reasons blah blah blah
Random guy: you're wrong for not liking it
Rody: you're gay for not liking it
Sean: Here are the things that it lacked... Don't take it personally
Rody: have sex with yourself
Me: This is why i dont like what was lacking... rody i love you
Random guy: sean stfu
Me: *facepalm*

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Not really. he has no obligation to respond to anything you say. He also didn't say "you're gay for not liking it", he said he doesn't give an F either way which is an honesty I admire in popular musicians like him. I meant it seriously when I said +rep.

if anything you sound like an uptight nerd who takes things too seriously.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I have always thought BTBAM was good, i just never really liked them that much, until I listen to them...under the influence and it was ****ING AMAZING!

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I have always thought BTBAM was good, i just never really liked them that much, until I listen to them...under the influence and it was ****ING AMAZING!
hahaha nice, what album? It's pretty surprising that a bunch of straight edge vegans are behind that music.

I found Ever Forthright from one of my metalhead friends. He's really obsessed with them. Can't really blame him.

here's a lesson from Nick Llerandi (the guitarist). it's very fun to watch/listen to him talk about music, he clearly knows his ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-B8Fxs2g-0&feature=player_embedded

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
So HORSE the Band's incredible EARTH TOUR documentary got snubbed by indie music festival SXSW...in favor of ****ing Le Tigre.

the band's response is hilarious

http://schedule.sxsw.com/events/event_MS13526

HORSE the band is a destitute and miserable

HORSE the band stole their name from Bands of Horses but then invented a time machine and started their band 6 years before the Band of Horses existed.

Pick a movie to watch:

Earth Tour
Director: Gary Lachance
Polarizing art-metal weirdos HORSE the band grow tired of life in the American underground music scene and decide to book and fund a 45-countries-in-90-days, round-the-world tour, all by themselves. Unprecedented in its scope and bravery, it is the most ambitious nonstop tour ever attempted. $60,000 of credit card debt later, hilarity, chaos, and metaphysical crises begin to ensue as the band strays far from the tourist-trodden path into the homes, underground clubs, and hangouts of real and driven people from some of Earth's most exotic locales. Sleep deprivation and non-stop travel eventually take their toll, snowballing into an absurd and meaningless seven-and-a-half-hour climax of binge-drinking, fear, thoughtful reflection, hatred, literary criticism, severe depression, and infantile behavior. Moving at a very fast pace and laughing their way through CIA-inadvisable, communist/Muslim/anti-American/human-trafficking/terrorist-laden countries and/or dictatorships including but not limited to China, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, Serbia, Belarus, as well as the rogue nation of Transnistria, experiences boil down to one of two possibilities: the highest of highs or the lowest of lows. Later: The lead singer breaks his shoulder onstage with over a week left of tour. The female photographer becomes fat. People playing music, and selling t-shirts, and changing locations. A modern day Heart of Darkness taking a decidedly frank, open, and honest look at the classic misgivings of a terrible life: What the **** are we doing? and What happened to me?

or

Who Took the Bomp? Le Tigre on Tour
Director: Kerthy Fix
A concert film that follows a feminist electronic band across 4 continents and 10 countries and provides an unusual peek behind the curtain of the contemporary pop machine. (World Premiere)

Can you guess which one made it into "the SXSW Film festival?

Just guess.

We went to 5 continents and 45 countries and played 78 shows in 90 days. But we are feminist too and explore the "contemporary pop machine" in our film also.

Well anyway here is our biography. See you guys around
good luck le tigre
have fun at the fest
you guys deserve it
bet it was fun touring 10 countries
you guys go to england?
it's weird there huh
you go to germany?
heard they speak a different language there
so crazy
you guys have a moving concert in "eastern europe"
oh vienna?
jesus
it's like a third world country out there
soooo insane
bet you guys got that on film
should be crazy
showing people what it's like out there
been to transnistria?
no?
oh
played in mozambique?
no?
oh
we did once
it was chill
yeah pitchfork didn't cover it, we were surprised
really?
yeah but 4 continents eh?
damn
lemme guess
america?
europe?
australia?
one show in asia?
damn
pretty groundbreaking
heard you guys attempted to not "sell out"
that's a pretty compelling issue
yeah
wish our movie was relevant like that
have yo heard that reel big fish song?
**** yeah
you guys keep it "punk rock"?
damn.
well anyway
congrats
you guys really did something special
congrats
bye
when the band uploads the torrent of EARTH TOUR you should do yourself a favor and watch it. it's by far the best tour documentary I've ever seen.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
hahaha nice, what album? It's pretty surprising that a bunch of straight edge vegans are behind that music.

I found Ever Forthright from one of my metalhead friends. He's really obsessed with them. Can't really blame him.

here's a lesson from Nick Llerandi (the guitarist). it's very fun to watch/listen to him talk about music, he clearly knows his ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-B8Fxs2g-0&feature=player_embedded
SO glad their singer found a new band after Periphery, he had too much talent for it to not be implemented somewhere. Serious talent through the whole band. Yep, I do believe this band is going places. Also, the breakdown. THAT BREAKDOWN!!!!

:205:

WaveLength

Smash Apprentice
I heard that Blut Aus Nord is gonna release a new album this year.

THIS YEAR WILL BE AWESOME

Top Bottom