• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Metal Discussion (Come in here for the chugga chuzz of the br00tal metal)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
To the Melon I suggest

Glass Casket (Dusty and Blake from BTBAM)
Cephalic Carnage
Born of Osiris
Cynic
HORSE the band (as always :F )
The Number Twelve Looks Like You
Dio's solo work
Heavy Heavy Low Low
Amon Amarth
Brain Drill
Opeth
The Faceless
The Red Chord
Wretched

oh, and I've probably mentioned these guys before but they deserve some attention, as they are pretty much the only local FL metal band worth a **** (that I've heard):

MALAK! they are also really cool, nice guys and they have some new stuff coming so LISTEN, especially if BTBAM is your favorite band. I know the vocalist worships the band and you can hear the influence in their music

http://www.myspace.com/malakfl

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Heres some stuff similar to what you like that I dont see on your list

The Dillinger Escape Plan
Sons Of Aurelius
The Fall of Troy
Periphery
Animals As Leaders
The Human Abstract

Listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZakQ-xy6eg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mznFkrxS8u8

I know this is just my opinion but you should delete all your deathcore I mean serious suicide silence?
I was in a deathcore phase a year back and never bothered to delete the stuff I didn't liike anymore (like SS), cut me some slack! I REFUSE to delete APFP though, that's my favorite 2-stepping music! :laugh:

I actually do listen to most of those bands a little bit, (especially Periphery, new album is gonna be SICK), i just didn't list them due to my lack of their albums. I'll take a deeper look into them, thanks!

To the Melon I suggest

Glass Casket (Dusty and Blake from BTBAM)
Cephalic Carnage
Born of Osiris
Cynic
HORSE the band (as always :F )
The Number Twelve Looks Like You
Dio's solo work
Heavy Heavy Low Low
Amon Amarth
Brain Drill
Opeth
The Faceless
The Red Chord
Wretched

oh, and I've probably mentioned these guys before but they deserve some attention, as they are pretty much the only local FL metal band worth a **** (that I've heard):

MALAK! they are also really cool, nice guys and they have some new stuff coming so LISTEN, especially if BTBAM is your favorite band. I know the vocalist worships the band and you can hear the influence in their music

http://www.myspace.com/malakfl
A few of those bands I listened to and really couldn't get into, like The Number 12 Looks Like You and The Red Chord, idk why but I just couldn't get into their music, I'll prolly give them another try. Brain Drill is ridiculous, but I can't find their album anywhere offline. I used to listen to Opeth more, idk why I stopped, i think i might get back into them now lol. Heavy Heavy Low Low is one i'm not sure I'll ever be able to take seriously afte that one album name, but I'll try anyway. Amon Amarth, i'm a Packers Fan (zing!).The Faceless sounds like a good time, especially on drums, so I'll have to listen to more of that. The other stuff I'll give a listen to as well!

Thanks guys, this will give me something to spend more money on!

:036:

BrutalXSpawn

Smash Apprentice
What kind of stuff do you listen to spawn?
Ha glad you asked.

(in no order)

A Day To Remember
Avenged Sevenfold
August Burns Red
As I Lay Dying
Austrian Death Machine
The Agonist
Arsonists Get All The Girls
Anthrax
Abigal Williams
Atreyu
As Blood Runs Black
After The Burial
At The Gates
Amon Amarth
ABACABB
Black Label Society
Black Sabbath
Black Tide
The Black Dahlia Murder
Bleeding Through
Born Of Osiris
Bury Your Dead
Burning The Masses
Between The Buried and Me
Behemoth
Cradle Of Filth
Chealse Grin
Cattle Decapitation
Children Of Bodom
Chimaria
Common Enemy
Caliban
Disfiguring The Goddess
Devildriver
Dying Fetus
Divine Heresy
The Devil Wears Prada
Dimmu Bogoir
Dr. Acula
Despised Icon
Emmure
The Faceless
Fear Factory
Goatwhore
Gorgoroth
Hatebreed
Heaven Shall Burn
Horse The Band
Immortal
I Declare War
It Dies Today
Iwrestledabearonce
Job For A Cowboy (old)
King Diamond
Killswitch Engage
Lamb Of God
Mushroomhead
Machine Head
Mudvayne
Megadeth
Meshuggah
Necrophagist
Oceano
Otep
Opeth
The Preschool Tea Party
Pantera
Slipknot (more older)
Slayer
Suicide Silence
System Of A Down
Stick To Your Guns
Throwdown
Unearth
Veil Of Maya
Whitechapel
The Word Alive
Wysteria!

and a bunch of other bands that I prolly forgot but yeah theres my music broski :)

Palpi

Smash Hero
I am trying to spread my epic metal bands. I know I posted this list before, but I never asked suggestions on other bands similar to my likings so if you know any that i missed feel free to inform me.

blind guardian
kamelot
sonata arctica
equilibirum
finntroll
rhapsody of fire
epica
serenity
nightwish
firewind
conquest
freedom call
turisas
dragonforce (lol had to)
eluveitie (kinda like em)
Korpiklaani (kinda like em)

so if you know any bands, feel free to give some suggestions! I am not very fond of screaming/growling etc, but equilibrium is still one of my favorite bands, and I don't hold that against the instrumentation of the song. Feel free listen to this list and dive into its epicness =]

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I am trying to spread my epic metal bands. I know I posted this list before, but I never asked suggestions on other bands similar to my likings so if you know any that i missed feel free to inform me.

blind guardian
kamelot
sonata arctica
equilibirum
finntroll
rhapsody of fire
epica
serenity
nightwish
firewind
conquest
freedom call
turisas
dragonforce (lol had to)
eluveitie (kinda like em)
Korpiklaani (kinda like em)

so if you know any bands, feel free to give some suggestions! I am not very fond of screaming/growling etc, but equilibrium is still one of my favorite bands, and I don't hold that against the instrumentation of the song. Feel free listen to this list and dive into its epicness =]
Iced Earth is great. There's also a side project called Demons and Wizards, made up of members from Blind Guardian and Iced Earth. If you like Blind Guardian you're guaranteed to like Demons and Wizards.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I know symphony x, and iced earth, never listened to more than 1 of each of their songs. My friend who got me into blind guardian mentioned demon and wizards a while ago but I will have to check them out. thanks!

Oh and Northern Kings is not up there...its like...epic metal boy band. Tony Kakko from sonata arctica is in it, the male singer from nightwish and 2 other metal vocalists sing in it. It is pretty funny.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Anybody fans of Anthelion? Just got turned to them by a metalhead friend, and I gotta say the stuff isn't bad.

Anthelion - Snake Corpse

Also, Periphery's new album is pretty sick, it went WAAAY above my expectations. Their new singer is perfect for their style, especially his clean vocals. Here's the link to their music video, the one guy looks like he has a freakin 8-string guitar (though I can't tell if it really is, it may be 7).

Periphery - Icarus Lives!

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Also, Periphery's new album is pretty sick, it went WAAAY above my expectations. Their new singer is perfect for their style, especially his clean vocals. Here's the link to their music video, the one guy looks like he has a freakin 8-string guitar (though I can't tell if it really is, it may be 7).

Periphery - Icarus Lives!

While I'm not a huge fan of the music itself(reminds me too much of Deftones) I LOVE the guitar tone this guy has going on. So punchy.

Also, both the guitarists in Animals As Leaders use 8 string guitars. It seems a little unnecessary though and I don't think the fat guy needs an 8 string guitar as well as the black guy. Also god****it why don't they get a bass player.

gm jack

Smash Lord
While I'm not a huge fan of the music itself(reminds me too much of Deftones) I LOVE the guitar tone this guy has going on. So punchy.

Also, both the guitarists in Animals As Leaders use 8 string guitars. It seems a little unnecessary though and I don't think the fat guy needs an 8 string guitar as well as the black guy. Also god****it why don't they get a bass player.
Meshuggah also use 8 string guitars, though I don't think thy started with them. However, they have the sense to get a bass player as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3an8jdsVM3s

Jane

Smash Hero
august burns red is indeed great metalcore. i havent listened to them in so long. today i shall. :D

also - listening to (talented) friends jam is so awesome. nothing like listening to some jamming

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Meshuggah also use 8 string guitars, though I don't think thy started with them. However, they have the sense to get a bass player as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3an8jdsVM3s
I had no idea, sry I'm very uneducated when it comes to guitar (i'm the drummer/screamer :bee: ), i've always thought it was 6 and 7 strings that were used, I never knew it went further. And yes, Meshuggah is bad ***.

August Burns Red has been some inspiration to me when it comes to writing music, I just love the style; it's almost thrashy at times, but they blend that into the melodic hardcore so perfectly well, it really hits home for me (especially on Constellations). Matt Greiner is one of my greater influences on drums. I'm personally not a fan of Parkway Drive, idk why just not my style i guess. I've never bothered to listen to Bleeding Through, which is something that still boggles my mind. :(

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm not a big fan of August Burns Red but they put on a great live show and their last album, Constellations is surprisingly awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzSxIfFKg0Q awesome Tommy Rogers cameo in this song.

Parkway Drive is totally brutes. I listen to them when I want to rage and **** stuff up. Bleeding Through is meh.

edit: I've been jammin a lot to Heavy Heavy Low Low. They are a bunch of really weird guys and make some really weird music. I love it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQNWCcvRZyk&feature=related

1:00 in, it gets really fun.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
lol. I don't think either of those bands will sway a metalhead. If anything, I think BTBAM is the best metalcore band for that, or Black Dahlia Murder even though they are a lot more metal than -core.

BrutalXSpawn

Smash Apprentice
lol. I don't think either of those bands will sway a metalhead. If anything, I think BTBAM is the best metalcore band for that, or Black Dahlia Murder even though they are a lot more metal than -core.
Dude Im a Metal head and i listen to both those bands,and btw The Black Dahlia Murder is the best Death Metal band next to The Faceless :]

gm jack

Smash Lord
Yeah, but you also like metalcore already. GM Jack isn't so privy to metalcore. I like both, myself.
Now that they were mentioned, I do quite like BTBAM, but I think that's more for the prog spin they put on it all.

Most metalcore just seems to mash stuff together in a way that sounds fine, but just doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, the classic screamed verses and sung choruses song fine, but the only reason I can see them doing it is because it makes the songs catchier while still being "heavy". Breakdowns can be pretty **** cool, but how common they are takes the edge off them.

BrutalXSpawn

Smash Apprentice
Now that they were mentioned, I do quite like BTBAM, but I think that's more for the prog spin they put on it all.

Most metalcore just seems to mash stuff together in a way that sounds fine, but just doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, the classic screamed verses and sung choruses song fine, but the only reason I can see them doing it is because it makes the songs catchier while still being "heavy". Breakdowns can be pretty **** cool, but how common they are takes the edge off them.
As I Lay Dying doesnt always sing their choruses,which is Bad *** cause Tim Lambesis's voice is pretty gnarly

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I might as well list everything I listen to, even though it's nowhere near as heavy as some of the stuff listed in here... (Not all is metal, either...)

Atreyu
Avenged Sevenfold
System of a Down
Paramore
Black Tide
Slipknot
Three Days Grace
Fall Out Boy (LOL Kidding!)
Attack Attack!
A Day to Remember
Silverstein
Blood on the Dance Floor
Yellowcard (Lots of respect for this band because of the instrumentals)
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Believer
MayDay Pulse
Killswitch Engage
As I Lay Dying
Saosin
Underoath
Lordi
Papa Roach
Buckcherry
A Skylit Drive
Flyleaf
Evanescence
Linkin Park
Modern Day Escape
Burn Your Dead
Escape the Fate
Lamb of God
Halestorm (My little brother's dad (my half brother's dad) used to play guitar for the band, and left for his own band.)
I Am Ghost
Anti-Flag
Senses Fail
Rise Against
Bad Religion

A lot more then just that, but I only have 4 more minutes to think before I have to get off of the computer. xD

Everyone has their own taste in music. Don't bash mine.

Top Bottom