• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Metal Discussion (Come in here for the chugga chuzz of the br00tal metal)

JaayDeeEm

Smash Rookie
^definetely agree with that

I listen to almost any metal. As long as its not Power/Speed metal. Not a fond them.

Anything in Black Metal, Deathcore, or Metalcore is good for me =)

So has anyone here heard Chelsea Grin's new album "Desolation Of Eden"?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Pantera are my favourite band by miles.

Phil Anselmo is a very diverse singer,from piercing screams and Jaguar like growls to the voice of an angel.

Dimebag and Vinnie are arguably one of the best drummer/guitarist duo's ever.They always worked in perfect harmony to produce that amazing sound.

All their albums are really solid.I just love them.

My other favourite bands are

Meshuggah
Unearth
Judas Priest
Metallica
Black Tide
loads more .......

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Here's a really interesting "supergroup" I just found

ORBS, made up of Adam Fincher and Goose Hollyak (from Fear Before the March of Flames), Dan Briggs (from BTBAM), Ashley Ellylon (from Abigail Williams and Cradle of Filth), and Chuck Johnson (from Nightbear).

Now it's kind of a stretch to put this in the metal topic even though all the other bands the members come from are entrenched in that scene. In fact I'm not even sure what to categorize ORBS as. Psychedelic/Progressive/Alternative I suppose. But really, check them out, they have a very awesome and unique/trippy sound.

http://www.myspace.com/orbsband the song "Kid Cancer" is my favorite, so catchy yet very abstract at the same time. lovely.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I finally got around to listening to Krallice's second album. I'm not sure what to think yet, other than Mick Barr shouldn't try death metal vocals any more. Strained hardcore screams in a "black metal" album don't make much sense, but when they were so blended into the mix and the lyrics were literally just one line on repeat, it did wonders for the atmosphere.
His cookie monster vocals (I think that's what he's going for) just sound bad, though. Also, Aridity went on waay too long; I spent the second half of the ~15 minute track just waiting for that to end, though it was mostly because I was mad tired (I'm not usually one to complain about length with music).

I intend to give it a less-biased listen soon. Hopefully my mind will change. But not if Mick sticks with his attempt at metal vocals. Or if 2 minutes of studio guitar noise ***** my ears in the middle of the night again.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Thread needs more posts to get that AWFUL album art off of the last page

:D

Palpi

Smash Hero
My favorite metal bands are Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Equilibrium, Epica, Sonata Arctica, Ensiferum etc etc.

Hansi is one of my favorites too. =]

Palpi

Smash Hero
I saw Sonata Arctica on april 2nd and it was pretty amazing. I cannot wait to see Kamelot in september. Anyone near Philly should go!!!

Palpi

Smash Hero
When is this? I live near Philly... haha.
Early September. Why weren't you at Sonata's concert?!?! I am buying their album so I can get a signed poster. =]

btw

<--------------------my avatar is the logo for my 'epic metal' band, Lör. I am lead vocals. (no screaming. =]) We are going to be in studio for recording on april 24th 30th and sometime in may...I CANT WAIT. I will definitely post up the songs here when they are finished so you guys can have a listen.

(The name bares no significance...the umlaut o comes from our bassists last name)

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Early September. Why weren't you at Sonata's concert?!?! I am buying their album so I can get a signed poster. =]

btw

<--------------------my avatar is the logo for my 'epic metal' band, Lör. I am lead vocals. (no screaming. =]) We are going to be in studio for recording on april 24th 30th and sometime in may...I CANT WAIT. I will definitely post up the songs here when they are finished so you guys can have a listen.

(The name bares no significance...the umlaut o comes from our bassists last name)
I'm jobless so gas money is always an issue, I'm saving for college (100K for 2 years - expensive, I know. But you see my reasoning), AND I only got my license a day before Easter. :p

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Devin Townsend is god

*Bump* to hope to encourage more activity thread is slowing down :(

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I need newer stuff to listen to. SOMEBODY GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS!!! Here's the list of metal/core bands I have on my computer, see if you can help me/the thread out a bit.

A Hero A Fake
A Plea For Purging
Abigail Williams
All That Remains
Annotations Of An Autopsy
Arch Enemy (been on a kick with them, so anything by them would help too!)
Arsonists Get All The Girls
August Burns Red
Avenged Sevenfold (only the old stuff)
Between The Buried And Me (of course, my fave band)
Black Sabbath (both Ozzy and Dio)
Bring Me The Horizon
Bullet For My Valentine
Bury Your Dead
Carnifex
Children Of Bodom
Darkest Hour
Dethklok (oh yes)
Dimmu Borgir
Fear Before (The March Of Flames)
I Killed The Prom Queen
In Flames :bee:
Iwrestledabearonce
Job For A Cowboy
Kamelot
Killswitch Engage
Knives Exchanging Hands
Mastodon
Mudvayne (only the old stuff)
Oceana (NOT OCEANO, THESE GUYS ARE MUCH MORE TALENTED)
Ordinance (for the drummer, Alex Rudinger is amazing on drums)
Protest The Hero
Scar Symmetry
Sea Of Treachery
Shadows Fall
Sky Eats Airplane
Slipknot
Sonata Arctica
Suicide Silence (not proud of having)
The Devil Wears Prada
TOOL
Underoath (my 2nd fave band)
Unearth
We Came As Romans
Whitechapel

(not including some worse screamo bands and some bands I listen to but haven't bought CDs from)

:036:

Top Bottom