• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The MAGFest Results Thread, (Smash 64, Melee, Brawl)

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
lol thumbs pick up the sticks and play the game....the only reason your spazzing out is beacuase you simply dont have patience......besides...there is a way to deal with camping...if u out camp the camper he will have no choice but to retaliate and fight...unless he is an idiot and decides to keep camping then he will automatically lose.....its people like... YO...knacker...jcaesar...candy....forte......yea you dont notice but they ALL camp...
i agree, but all of them except Forte ? i never seen him camp at all, except that Cyberden tourney when he keep tornado your luigi D:

and LOL nacker's avatar :p nice!

10r4zeisgay

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I was actually quoting Chillin, since I remember he said those exact words to you lol

I do have lots of friendships in the community, but a lot of the people I know become very different when they lose in this game and very unpleasant to be around. I'm sick of the johns, of the bull****, of the stupid rivalries this game starts.

I agree that Brawl is fun, it's just ridiculously stupid as a competitive game. I'm in agony more than I have fun when I'm in tournament because most of the people camp in this game to a point where I want to ALMOST camp them back. But I don't because I'm a decent person with morals (plus Diddy can't really camp lol).
Ok.

When people lose in a competitive atmosphere, it's going to upset them to some degreee, and they will justify and explain their losses, aka "john." Rivalries are awesome, imo. Want to know who my biggest rival is? It's Atomsk. I'm also one of his biggest rivals, if not his biggest. Despite this, we're also very good friends and probably the #2 doubles team in the nation. What's wrong with rivalries? Intense rivalries within NJ have strengthened our state tremendously. Keitaro vs Yes!, teh_spamerer vs Atomsk, teh_spamerer vs Inui, dmbrandon vs Keitaro, Blue vs bschung, etc. NJ has so many, and we're improving faster than any other state right now.

In tournaments, people play to win. Camping is the dominant strategy in almost every fighting game known to man. It's even effective in competitive FPS games. Because of its effectiveness, people employ this strategy commonly, and most players lack the patience to deal with it. Your character is actually very good at both camping and ****** campers, hence him being top tier. Diddy can glide toss backwards and run away quickly and he can glide toss out of shield forward for quick punishes and approaches. His speed in general makes him good at attacking.

I hope you stay in the community.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Ok.

When people lose in a competitive atmosphere, it's going to upset them to some degreee, and they will justify and explain their losses, aka "john." Rivalries are awesome, imo. Want to know who my biggest rival is? It's Atomsk. I'm also one of his biggest rivals, if not his biggest. Despite this, we're also very good friends and probably the #2 doubles team in the nation. What's wrong with rivalries? Intense rivalries within NJ have strengthened our state tremendously. Keitaro vs Yes!, teh_spamerer vs Atomsk, teh_spamerer vs Inui, dmbrandon vs Keitaro, Blue vs bschung, etc. NJ has so many, and we're improving faster than any other state right now.

In tournaments, people play to win. Camping is the dominant strategy in almost every fighting game known to man. It's even effective in competitive FPS games. Because of its effectiveness, people employ this strategy commonly, and most players lack the patience to deal with it. Your character is actually very good at both camping and ****** campers, hence him being top tier. Diddy can glide toss backwards and run away quickly and he can glide toss out of shield forward for quick punishes and approaches. His speed in general makes him good at attacking.

I hope you stay in the community.
Yeah, that's kind of why I'm so aggressive with Diddy. His attacking speed reminds me of Melee and I don't get bored when I keep moving. I may stay in this community for Melee, but for Brawl, well I'll have to think for a long time about that.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If you take too long to think, you'll fall behind.

I suggest you learn safer ways to attack and better ways to deal with camping, and get a little more patient, and then just play in tournaments with the intention of winning.

Players like Boss, NEO, Azen, etc. use worse/much worse characters frequently and do well and stick around. You're more fortunate than them to play Diddy, lol. You got this.

boss8

Smash Hero
lol there is no such thing as a worst character i just dont wanna become another mk/snake/DDD/falco gay high tier mainer who doesnt have any fun playing the game....id rather have fun...and get stupid silly ko's with luigi.....and mario ofcourse...

Oath.

Smash Ace
dont quit seb, i lose alot and get mad but its still fun to go to tourneys and see the finals and stuff.. melee may make more since to you but lets be honest.. games old as ****, something new had to have taken over and it is brawl. you shouldnt quit just continue playing and im sure things will look up

PS - ALL OF FLORIDA THAT CAME TO MAGFEST ARE AWESOME, leave them be

R4ZE

Smash Ace
dont quit seb, i lose alot and get mad but its still fun to go to tourneys and see the finals and stuff.. melee may make more since to you but lets be honest.. games old as ****, something new had to have taken over and it is brawl. you shouldnt quit just continue playing and im sure things will look up

PS - ALL OF FLORIDA THAT CAME TO MAGFEST ARE AWESOME, leave them be
If you approach brawl for what it is: a game, then its fine. But way too many people are business suits and breifcases about brawl. The john calling really just makes matters worse honestly. I mean i understand that johning is a problem, but calling some one a john just makes them even more angry.

we all had fun at magfest, win lose or draw.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
yeah he's godtier.
He can grab/hit you from across the stage. His airdodge can attack you! WAaaaay better than fox! (well he can 0-death fastfallers and basically jiggs lol).

Thumbs, if you don't like camping/dealing with camping, pick a character who's good at dealing with camping besides the obvious "camp back at them strategy" and does not have to rely on camping at all. Camping existed in melee too, so playing it won't let you avoid it. You can even camp in 64 with all the gay u-tilts lol.

In other news, if Peach and Marth had sex, would it be gay?

boss8

Smash Hero
CafeCheese (9:08:08 PM): r4ze is a white kid
CafeCheese (9:08:14 PM): i saw him in Jack *** once
CafeCheese (9:11:25 PM):
shadowmnvol3 (9:11:31 PM): ****
shadowmnvol3 (9:11:34 PM): i will post this
CafeCheese (9:11:39 PM): do it lol
CafeCheese (9:11:42 PM): i dont mind at all
CafeCheese (9:11:45 PM): he would be pissed

**** son!!!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I just realized CK's whole itachi theme
is about a dead guy. For those of you who watch the anime and don't read the manga
lolololol

Also, MY AVATAR IS A FLAMING COOKIE W00T

R4ZE

Smash Ace
CafeCheese (9:08:08 PM): r4ze is a white kid
CafeCheese (9:08:14 PM): i saw him in Jack *** once
CafeCheese (9:11:25 PM):
shadowmnvol3 (9:11:31 PM): ****
shadowmnvol3 (9:11:34 PM): i will post this
CafeCheese (9:11:39 PM): do it lol
CafeCheese (9:11:42 PM): i dont mind at all
CafeCheese (9:11:45 PM): he would be pissed

**** son!!!
iamsopissedrightnow

lol

R4ZE

Smash Ace
Was any1 else lucky enuff to see the guy in clown makeup with the 2 spinny things that he used to harass gamers? Did any1 get a pic of him? That guy should be on Americas most wanted or somehing. Who the hell does that LOL!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
when you say your sig is awdesome, you should actually post your sig.

that being said my avatar is better than everything.

Top Bottom