• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
The only Luigi i know that can misfire on command is Koolzone. I swear, he is pure luck with that.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Koolzone blogged about him finishing up his luigi cv late this year on aib, we'll probably be seeing a lot of those misfires.

TreK

Is "that guy"
There are a few situations where both a missile and a misfire will hit and won't get punished, ie your opponent airdodges to the ground near the ledge. I like to just try and land a misfire in these situations, it's the closest you can get to a 'legit misfire' xD

Luigisama

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjtR8S79WDo&feature=plcp
Hey sama, this is that crouch thing i was talking about against diddy kong, i finally was able to test it. It works, its just that the timing is kind of hard to get down, and im not sure if it is that rewarding to actually use, but i think it looks cool
It looks good and could be useful. But I think that diddy can adjust where he side bs to(correct me if I'm wrong). If he can't then good stuff.

me9595

Smash Apprentice
there is the smash side b, i think that is what it is called anyway, but i didnt try to test that, when i get the chance i will though

me9595

Smash Apprentice
you can crouch under the kick, i dont know about the smash side b kick, but like i said, ill find out

yoshq

Smash Master
He beats rob but it's kinda like beating Toon Fink. You may win but at the end you're so exhausted you almost don't feel like it was worth it and if you had to do it again in the same day, you couldn't.

Napos

Smash Ace
Idk robs I've played..but then again I haven't played any good robs excpet Kiraflax

Empty jump?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Idk robs I've played..but then again I haven't played any good robs excpet Kiraflax

Empty jump?
empty jump is jumping but not doing anything.

just jump, then presumably the opponent shields expecting an aerial, then you land and grab them

- rko -

Smash Apprentice
I agree. We all know Boss is pretty much at the top of his game most of the time and Sama is just up n coming. Wont be long before he is considered top five Luigi if he keeps doing his best and if he actually cares about that top five list thingy. Also, what are you guys thoughts on RARed bair?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
bair is my main attack at the start of the match. i space it to try and get some damage while it's relatively safe. a habit i kept from when i played wolf.

shorthop -> bair -> bair is usually how it goes. if i hit with it, i keep the momentum and land then start up a combo with jabs, uairs, etc. nothing set in stone, usually just feel out what i think will hit and where i think they'll DI.

if i miss, then i try to retreat some before i land so i stay out of their range.

really it's case by case, but that's about how it generally goes.

- rko -

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, nice! I think it would be a good approaching tool aswell mixed with cylcones in between. I have yet to try it out myself but its an idea xD

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
IIRC, if it's spaced correctly, it's pretty damn safe (as with most quick bairs like Luigi's).

Depending on the stage/opponent, I sometimes start with empty hops to keep them from approaching me in the air. If they try, I put out a bunch of fireballs mid-jump. If the opp has projectiles, I like to close in quick with the bair RAR.

Top Bottom