• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
SideB, pivot grabs and upsmashes all day errday, how is that not easy?
memorizing the pikmin line is pretty hard, imo. and then if you ever get off stage you've lost your stock. /exaggeration

Luigisama

Smash Champion
imo on the olimar mu is this

in short this is just what shuts us down
-olimar's grab range
-olimar's easy to set up camp game with pikmen and grab
-olimar is just faster than luigi due to luigi's floatyness

now what could help, but lol this would have to be the ultimate robot luigi or something.
- a luigi that could predict olimar's grabs and jab or fireball before getting grabbed to break the grab since olimar doesn't have any grab armor.
- good understanding of cyclone and it's uses in breaking olimar's camp game
-perfect nair spacing to stop upsmashes and olimar's other moves

only then I think luigi would win in this mu. I could be missing more to this, but when I play the mus the grabs are the only thing that get to me which led to upsmash. pikmen? oh you mean that thing that flew over my head when I ducked? or that thing I just killed with fair to dair?

I think the same applies to diddy kong. If there was a luigi that could catch a majority bananas, items, etc while on the ground and the air. Like they completely understood grab items in the air and how it works frame wise and stuff. Also a luigi that could instant toss diddy's bananas would be useless in the mu.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
the thing about oli's grab is that it comes out on like... the second or third frame.

so you'd have to be super freaking amazing at fireballing before the grab.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
so like thanks to what I heard from Will about how san downloads his college books as PDFs instead of buying them. I got 4 books already as pdfs. One of them I got by making a scribd account and uploading the luigi mu thread info to get a preminum user account and got one of the books. lol

mrconcon

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking up of putting together new set-ups/ATs in a video series (not too sure if they're new but I'll showcase some that I find really useful, including an easy kill-set up vs Snake), gonna need some recorders and testers. Also can someone add me back to the skype group? lol cheers.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I'm thinking up of putting together new set-ups/ATs in a video series (not too sure if they're new but I'll showcase some that I find really useful, including an easy kill-set up vs Snake), gonna need some recorders and testers. Also can someone add me back to the skype group? lol cheers.
I can help record if you need me to.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
It's an interesting idea, but it wouldn't help luigi mains just starting out unless they knew who to talk to about watching the videos.

Plus people are sure to eventually find out about the ATs and whatnot if we use them enough in tourney.

yoshq

Smash Master
Actually, I would venture that people don't ****ing pay attention to that **** that closely. There are plenty AT's that we don't know about other characters. Most people still ooh and ahh when I do that little taunt crawl craqwalk or whatever thing back and forth. Like really. No one is gonna broadcast it to the heavens with the title: WATCH OUT BECAUSE LUIGI CAN DO THIS. EVERY TOURNAMENT GOING PLAYER BE AWARE OF AND BLOCK IT.

Also, I would help record.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I can help record to. Also I'm guessing Mr.concon you will be making a separate video. So we could call that the 2nd tech video.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Weegees should use more nado. Like test it in training mode and use it in innovative ways. I don't think too many people know that it's hitboxes alter when he's in the air. They all hit below his arms and feet.

I'm working at bettering my offensive usage of the move. Characters that have really mediocre shields get bopped by this move quite a bit. Luigi's solid shield pressure should make this move more useful against D3/DK because their builds are much too big for their shields. That being said, this move is best used on cross up against them since their backs are sticking out.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i went to a tourney yesterday and played only luigi. i made it a point to use nado a ****ton so i don't forget it later on. i played really well.

misfire on command is too good.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
is that "aerials greater than fireballs" or "aerials leading into fireballs"?

if it's the first, i agree, because aerials let you become a combofiend.

if it's the second, i think it's good if your aerial knocks them out of your range. you can put up fireballs so they have to stay back and you can have time to think.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
thought so. i really don't think it's too useful really.

if you hit them with an aerial, why not keep comboing them? if the knockback puts them out of combo range, either get back in there and keep up the pressure, or the fireball wouldnt even reach them.

i guess it's good for a mixup?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
what do you mean?

i think the animation is too long to let you close in on them after an aerial. either keep momentum in their direction, or shoot the fireball. can't do both, unless what it works differently than i remember.

- rko -

Smash Apprentice
I mean trying to close the gap between u and your opponent by using aerial2fireball and that way getting closer to your opponent by them either getting hit by the fireball or shielding the fireball.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i can't envision how that would work. i guess my mind doesnt want to work right now. sorry broski

Napos

Smash Ace
What page is the link on for the luigi tech video? also,

HI everyone! I have been absent.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
best aerial to fireball is fair to fireball. Fair is the only aerials that goes right into fireball. At least that is what it seems like.

Top Bottom