• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Player-3

Smash Hero
i've gotten to the point where i can powershield diddy SH fairs consistently and get fsmash out of it every time

just try harder

Player-3

Smash Hero
its not even reading, for some chars you can recognize situations when they're going to attack you and react accordingly

at least thats how i do it 60% of the time :p

and if they dont attack you, you're in your shield so.... it's not like you put yourself in a horrible situation

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Does anyone else have trouble powershielding peach's fair?

I swear whenever I try to it should be powershielding it but I can never do it consistenly............ :[

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip

I swear whenever I try to it should be powershielding it but I can never do it consistenly............ :[
Read her f-air frame data....and ps at ?? frame. If i'm right...

Luigisama

Smash Champion

I think it has a late hit box. So you should shield once her arm is extended halfway to get the power shield

luigi's need to ISSDI > autobuffered grab.
I heard that it's possible, but I've never done it before when I tried using ISSDI to grab. He slides too far.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
People actually say it's great.

But when the battle arrives, they just do it their way

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

I walk away from it. I don't like challenging it and if it's spaced well, you can't do **** about it anyway.

Fair
Duration: 54
Hits on Frame: 16 (max range @ 17)
Hitbox Duration: 16-19 (4)
Aerial Cooldown: 35
Landing Lag: 22
Autocancels on Frame: 20

Shield stun: 5
Optimal Shield Advantage (assumes hitting with F17 hitbox): 0, -2
Optimal Shield Drop Advantage: +7, +5

Yeah...

luigi's need to ISSDI > autobuffered grab.
I do it against DK's UpB.

Read her f-air frame data....and ps at ?? frame. If i'm right...
Frame data posted. Thank you Peach boards for having good frame data write ups.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I can powershield, but it ends up being unintentional so I don't realize it and I don't do anything with the shortened shield stun(is that the right term? :p) .__.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
What characters do you luigis like teaming with?

I found out today I like teaming with peach after playing a good amount of doubles friendlies with a friend that uses peach.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Ok I'm thinking about getting the luigi combo video started. Sometime tonight or tomorrow I'm going to record some stuff for every Luigi that I can find on youtube.
YoshQ, Boss, BigLou, Jband and any other luigi even if they don't want to be part of the video or know they are part of the video.

If anyone has a replay with a combo pm me about it and send it to me in an email or through the wii.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Kinda sucks, all my good games/good combos never get uploaded. I'll see if I have any of my friends wii.

BSP

Smash Legend
My CPU Luigi is ********. I think he knows every move I'm going to make before I do.

Famous

Smash Champion
Even if you powershield the fair she can still follow up with a jab that outbeats the majority of our moves frame-wise...If they buffer it correctly anyway.

yoshq

Smash Master
Even if you powershield the fair she can still follow up with a jab that outbeats the majority of our moves frame-wise...If they buffer it correctly anyway.
Run away, then mid-run, smash down and b, and nado back at them when they are finished doing the fair. Works against a lot of unpunishable moves with luigi.

Famous

Smash Champion
I know how to avoid it, was just replying to the post above mine. 90% of the match against a peach should be in the air to avoid the majority of her damage racking moves. Empty SH' mixed with SH Balls, fake out fairs, bairs until the peach decides to approach me from the ground with turnups or whatnot...S/N. SSR has experience against luigi, use to play against me and Boss alot. Despite that fact, he still struggles with good luigis...Pretty much, this side of the EC has way too much experience against Luigi and Mario, we always gotta come up with different stuff...

overtheunder

Smash Cadet
Run away, then mid-run, smash down and b, and nado back at them when they are finished doing the fair. Works against a lot of unpunishable moves with luigi.

this. fyi people nado can be used to punish a lot of things all the time on straight reaction too. (fast as ****, especially on ground.) It can get you an in and that's all you need vs most characters:D Great for getting in on patterns that you catch your opponent in that would otherwise be safe.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
this is true, but if the cyclone is blocked by shield rise and try to either escape or shield poke with the hitbox between luigi's feet.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
If we're still talking about the peach's fair PS i would jump and dair then we would out priorize her ****

Famous

Smash Champion
I don't see how you would connect a Dair after PS'ing Peach's Fair...Either that Peach didn't SH Fair and overextended or that Peach reflexes are mad slow...Most Peaches go for a jab or block if their Fair gets Shielded or PS'ed...

Top Bottom