• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
me and mr.L had a fairly big tourny yesterday

i made bracket, then got my salad tossed by MJG and Poke. i dont think i've ever been more PO'ed at myself in a tournament then i was yesterday

me and my partner Lamb did fairly well in doubles though

played Vinnie, great guy. almost got JV 4'ed against his ICs tho #superswag

i'm really, really bad at this game. but i was getting 5-6 firepunches a set so ROCK THE **** ON!

~Z-Unit
MJG is hard yo. Our matches almost go to time because I play super patient against him.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
So I was watching YoshQ vs N.ear and I realized something that he didn't do that pretty much anyone should do to TL. When he's offstage with a bomb in hand, just smack the hell out of him. He's virtually defenseless save for the bomb that he has. Trading with him is far more beneficial for us too.
unfortunately TL can z drop the bomb and blow it up on us even that isn't much of a problem.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
MJG is hard yo. Our matches almost go to time because I play super patient against him.
MJG was just flat out better than me, there wasnt a chance i was gonna beat him then. Poke i played out of pure frustration and it totally ****ed me in the end. i went marth vs. him too which is a terrible char to play with a ****ty mindset.

ah well, cant make excuses, i lost. just gotta bring it back next tourny. i more or less got over it when we made a 3am mcdonalds drive-thru and instead of rolling down the window, we used the sunroof. Nova Scotians are rowdy as all hell!

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I have most of the things that I wanted to cover in the Luigi advance tech video recorded. All I need now is small examples of the uses for them.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
What all do you need examples of?

And do you need anything else recorded? I have dat HD PVR status to make it look slightly better and stuff.

I still dunno how to get EU quality though :urg:

DBSammy

Smash Ace
I think I have some family up there. 1% likely chance of actually going though. The matter would be getting up to Toronto, to the venue, and the way back.

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
Or zhao could come to Whobo instead

@YoshQ: as soon as I saw 30 seconds left with Near starting his last stock, I knew something funny was about to go down lol. Good stuff.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317315

i think i've already posted this, but ALL LUIGI PLAYERS PLEASE COME TO THIS.

you have much time. plan please. come to canada. play brawl with me. then drink. UNTIL WE ALL DANCE!
Seeing that I missed RoS, I may try to go.

No drinking though.

Or zhao could come to Whobo instead

@YoshQ: as soon as I saw 30 seconds left with Near starting his last stock, I knew something funny was about to go down lol. Good stuff.
lmao same thing that I thought while I was watching

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Zhao you punk u shoulda told me u were going to Revival of salt =( that woulda given me some motivation to go with the NY fam, to canada =(((((((((( but still good shet at the tourney bro =)!

YOUR ONLY LUIGI I HAVENT SEEN YET SON.

we need to make storytime with TO Joe and other canadians happen when we get together zhao

#storytime&adventures<3

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Yo zhao, do you know what was up with that tune some of the commentators would sing and then say something after?

Not knowing that is annoying me lol

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Zhao you punk u shoulda told me u were going to Revival of salt =( that woulda given me some motivation to go with the NY fam, to canada =(((((((((( but still good shet at the tourney bro =)!

YOUR ONLY LUIGI I HAVENT SEEN YET SON.

we need to make storytime with TO Joe and other canadians happen when we get together zhao

#storytime&adventures<3
bud you HAVE to find your way up for Impulse. No johns, i need to meet my '08 luigi bro. also tom8er just told me ultra luigi might try to come to Impulse hahaha, we'll see. START PLANNING SON!

And Thunder, I'm not sure what you mean :( all i know about the commentary is White was bing drunk as hell and commentating with Croi, and it received either intense backlash or much love. Leave it to controversial Nova Scotians!

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
**** impulse, go to whobo
Or go to both like I'm thinking about doing :awesome:

bud you HAVE to find your way up for Impulse. No johns, i need to meet my '08 luigi bro. also tom8er just told me ultra luigi might try to come to Impulse hahaha, we'll see. START PLANNING SON!

And Thunder, I'm not sure what you mean :( all i know about the commentary is White was bing drunk as hell and commentating with Croi, and it received either intense backlash or much love. Leave it to controversial Nova Scotians!
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/307574171

They do it around 1:38:30 and iirc they did it a few more times later on. Wasn't sure if it was something of theirs or a RoS-related thing.

Yo hippie, we should get megabus tickets and go to Impulse and stuff :D

Luigisama

Smash Champion
What all do you need examples of?

And do you need anything else recorded? I have dat HD PVR status to make it look slightly better and stuff.

I still dunno how to get EU quality though :urg:
Visual examples on how to use some of the the techs. But it's all up to the player if he wants to use them or if he wants to use them differently which is what I recommend. It could be perfected into a mindgame or something.

@ Zhao
If I can get things ready for that tourney I'll try coming. Also wow at Ultra luigi coming I thought he quit.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I was watching some videos of con con's luigi yesterday and this morning.
He is AMAZING, i'm a fan already. This is one of the reasons why i made luigi my pocket character.º

:phone:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmynbRxU81E&feature=channel_video_title

my luigi vs a marth (new player though so.. yeah... LOL)

but the vids from the tourney are coming up so when my set iwth DRN gets up i'll come back and link it!

oh, and theres horrible audio desync game 1 but it isn't that bad game 2
Hey word of advice, tilt your shield up at all times. Luigi's hat sticks out and it causes him to get shieldpoked alot. You should also practice doing Usmash/Nair OOS against people who commit to your shield.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Hey word of advice, tilt your shield up at all times. Luigi's hat sticks out and it causes him to get shieldpoked alot. You should also practice doing Usmash/Nair OOS against people who commit to your shield.
didn't know the tilting thing, and i prefer to jab when people commit to my shield for mixup purposes

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
didn't know the tilting thing, and i prefer to jab when people commit to my shield for mixup purposes
I do Usmash mostly for characters I don't get in on too often. Such as Marth and MK. Nair OOS is a decent kill option, provided Nair isn't SUPER stale. Something I learned from Luigi dittos against Mr. ConCon is using Dsmash OOS. I need to implement that more into my game.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Visual examples on how to use some of the the techs. But it's all up to the player if he wants to use them or if he wants to use them differently which is what I recommend. It could be perfected into a mindgame or something.

@ Zhao
If I can get things ready for that tourney I'll try coming. Also wow at Ultra luigi coming I thought he quit.
What techs? Maybe I can find some examples in videos I have. Other people should look through any videos they played in as well.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I do Usmash mostly for characters I don't get in on too often. Such as Marth and MK. Nair OOS is a decent kill option, provided Nair isn't SUPER stale. Something I learned from Luigi dittos against Mr. ConCon is using Dsmash OOS. I need to implement that more into my game.
why would you play luigi against marth or mk lol those matchups are horrible

dsmash oos is godlike

i do alot of weird stuff because i play against biglou alot so i copy his stuff lolololol

like roll into them > shoryuken

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I need some up-to-date videos. Celes Laago Delta-cod tell Celestial Marauder Laago to record those replays namesearch bait.
Wait Delta has replays of you playing? Was this from apex?

Oh, and I'm still waiting for that replay of my falcon destroying you and Delta in doubles to be uploaded. Should be up soon :awesome:

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Nair OOS seems useful, but upsmash oos and dsmash oos? er idk sounds painful to me. It sounds legit, but I've had bad experiences with this. I prefer either nair, up b, or cyclone OOS.

What techs? Maybe I can find some examples in videos I have. Other people should look through any videos they played in as well.
I'd appreciate the help, but idk if you would have replays of what I need, but I think you might have or at least I took this from you. reverse fireball to the stage and bair to get onto the stage. Otherwise I don't think you have techs/ gimmics like these v
-Retreating jabs (need to get this)
-the importance of crouch walking ( I have this)
-cyclone rising baiting (I have this)
-Luigi ledge get ups ( not sure if I have this)
-OOS up b( I have this)
-combos that end with misfire( I have one example, but I need a better example)
-using Fingerbanging ( need to get this)
- any form of luigi's approaching is legit( I have this)

i do alot of weird stuff because i play against biglou alot so i copy his stuff lolololol

like roll into them > shoryuken
I noticed this so much lol.

Also yeah Luigi v.s Marth or mk are hard mus. But nowadays I don't think the marth mu is as hard as people make it to be. Mk is just mk, but lol fsmash killing at 90%.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
when is impulse Zhao? might consider it, depending on cash and stuff, plus i want to **** the canadian girls <3.

and everyone copys biglou

he's a winner in my book

lounis<3
no ****, they're plump for the pickin'

it's from June 30th-July 1st

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317315

Of Luigi mains who are going, there's me, mr.L, tom8er (PEI main) and maybe Ultra if all goes well. lets get as many luigi mains up here as possible and I'LL SHOW YA A GOOD TIMEEEE!

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Nair OOS seems useful, but upsmash oos and dsmash oos? er idk sounds painful to me. It sounds legit, but I've had bad experiences with this. I prefer either nair, up b, or cyclone OOS.

I'd appreciate the help, but idk if you would have replays of what I need, but I think you might have or at least I took this from you. reverse fireball to the stage and bair to get onto the stage. Otherwise I don't think you have techs/ gimmics like these v
-Retreating jabs (need to get this)
-the importance of crouch walking ( I have this)
-cyclone rising baiting (I have this)
-Luigi ledge get ups ( not sure if I have this)
-OOS up b( I have this)
-combos that end with misfire( I have one example, but I need a better example)
-using Fingerbanging ( need to get this)
- any form of luigi's approaching is legit( I have this)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3_GzfoL50c&feature=related#t=1m47s

You could maybe include this for ledge getups/options. Obviously the marth shouldn't have been that close to the ledge but the general AD buffer from ledge concept can still be applied imo

Would you need more stuff for things you already have something for? And are you including b reversing/b turning?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3_GzfoL50c&feature=related#t=1m47s

You could maybe include this for ledge getups/options. Obviously the marth shouldn't have been that close to the ledge but the general AD buffer from ledge concept can still be applied imo

Would you need more stuff for things you already have something for? And are you including b reversing/b turning?
nope no b reversing, but just that one thing you told me. hmm checking this video.

Edit
eh idk I'm not really into the airdodge buffer stuff. I knows it's there, but I don't know how to use it properly.

As for the ledge get up. I'll use it

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Top Bottom