• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Luigisama

Smash Champion
wow I had no power until thursday. Well I'm getting close to finishing the luigi v.s mk video. If time permits during this week I should be done with it on friday.

hmm so I just realized almost every luigi has a Wolf in their region.

NY me Pane
MD/VA Boss and Seagull
Illinois Yoshq and Kain
WC Mr.concon and Shiro and Lycan

Not sure which other luigi to count.

yoshq

Smash Master
ConCon has a really naked technical aggression style... he was blindly doing a lot of habits that got him punished a lot, like doing the cyclone to the same height every time and getting gimped for it twice during the set. His tech skill is ****ing scary though, and the fact that he was able to play at that level under that much pressure speaks volumes.

This was my Halloween costume:

Also, some new videos are/will be on my channel: http://www.youtube.com/yoshq7

Luigisama

Smash Champion
ConCon has a really naked technical aggression style... he was blindly doing a lot of habits that got him punished a lot, like doing the cyclone to the same height every time and getting gimped for it twice during the set. His tech skill is ****ing scary though, and the fact that he was able to play at that level under that much pressure speaks volumes.

This was my Halloween costume:

Also, some new videos are/will be on my channel: http://www.youtube.com/yoshq7
yeah I agree. I just could never play like that, but I guess it seems to work for the people he plays since that aggressiveness catches people off guard.
Norcal has me as the Luigi and Choice as the Wolf o__O
lol another one. Might as well say Biglou and Mcpeepants.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Hey um, I need help with my Luigi:

1. I have this bad habit with rolling with him. It's starting to annoy me, and others.

2. I can never seem to time my Down-Taunt perfectly when an opponent comes to the ledge. Can I have some help with that as well?

Napos

Smash Ace
Napos in NM and Tekkie as the wolf. He is good . None of us play each other anymore thougg

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744

1. I have this bad habit with rolling with him. It's starting to annoy me, and others.

2. I can never seem to time my Down-Taunt perfectly when an opponent comes to the ledge. Can I have some help with that as well?
1. Stop rolling. That's it. If you CAN'T stop, change your controls so you have to use another button for shield. It'll get rid of that musclememory.

2. It's pretty hard to do. You should try edge guarding with other things. The ledge snap mechanic in brawl makes it near-impossible to hit the down taunt.

:phone:

Luigisama

Smash Champion

rolling maybe a bad habit, but considering luigi it's best to use it at the right times. Otherwise to fix this problem save two of your matches and watch them again. Then for example observe a moment in the match where you're being pressured by your opponent and you are in shield or not in shield.

Take into consideration the following options that can be used in a up close situation instead of rolling. you can
1. out of shield, jump and do nothing just get away, Jump nair, jump bair, jump fair, jump dair, jump fire ball, jump to cyclone back onto the ground or just rise with cyclone.

2. out of shield, upsmash. If you're using a Gamecube controller and you have tap jump on. As you are in shield press jump on either the gray c stick or your jump button, then input upsmash with attack and a direction at the same time you will up smash out of your shield.

3. If you get a powershield up b out of your shield to get a fire punch kill.

4. spot dodge or roll away

5. just stay in shield.

Once you open your mind to the different options that you have you won't be limited to just rolling or in other words now that you know you have other options you will know not to roll.

2. eh it's up to you. There is no real easy way to do it. You will just have to learn the timing of when the dtaunt comes out and guess if it will hit you're opponent as they are recovering back to the ledge. But this isn't a major part of Luigi's game it's powerful, but not reliable to use.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
I'd say do it on people who recover with a special and they end up grabbing the edge backwards since you can't sweetspot the edge backwards. And jumping on the bandwagon of local Wolfs, OH has myself and Luminoth as the Wolf.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
the luigi v.s metaknight video is being completed. I just need to cover two things and the music in the video is awesome. You'd never guess what song I used. :awesome:

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
Question: Can Marth grab release Luigi to the ground(When you mash w/o jumping and land at his feet) and have the option to U-Tilt us? It was a random thought I had. I asked Zex, but he doesn't know and hasn't tried it on me. I don't play that much either, anyone who's more active with a Marth in their region able to answer this for me?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Question: Can Marth grab release Luigi to the ground(When you mash w/o jumping and land at his feet) and have the option to U-Tilt us? It was a random thought I had. I asked Zex, but he doesn't know and hasn't tried it on me. I don't play that much either, anyone who's more active with a Marth in their region able to answer this for me?
Probably it's been done to me before, but I'm not an expert on grab release stuff.

yoshq

Smash Master
No. His utilt is not fast enough.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
So I've been working on this defensive play style as Luigi. It involves the use of jabs, camping(obviously), fireball edge guard, Good understanding on Luigis jab and how it works on different characters, and a lot of patience. This style allows for safe kills and it helps in observing what your opponent is doing.

Even though you are playing defensive it doesn't mean you can't go for a fsmash or a good read to up b, but if the opponent never approaches for too long yet you are able to keep them away until they reach 150%. At this percent you can kill most characters with bthrow, nair, up tilt, or a fresh smash attack.

The only thing is it seems very complicated and I don't think anyone would want to try to use this style. I still have to test it in tournament and see how it works out when I just pull it out of no where.

besides this I'll be releasing this week a video on rising with cyclone without a jump, but it's a very simple video. I hope it helps other people.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Oh look it's Luigi.:awesome:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I'd just like to say hi to all the Luigi user's who arrived after 2010. I've been retired from Smash and unfortunately from this board for a while. Regardless, I'd just like to say that I re-edited my guide. Nothing big just grammatical mistakes and erroneous information. It mostly features basic information but it's never bad to brush up on the basics!

GUIDE

To those who did know me from before:

I've been very busy. Basically, I focused on college. Yet, that is now in the past since I graduated. I'd like to ask how is the smash scene for Luigi players and the smash scene in general? It is over 90% dead in Puerto Rico so I'll probably won't be able to play again in tournaments...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Once I figure out how to Internet my Wii, I'll get on that wifi status.

:phone:

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I'd just like to say hi to all the Luigi user's who arrived after 2010. I've been retired from Smash and unfortunately from this board for a while. Regardless, I'd just like to say that I re-edited my guide. Nothing big just grammatical mistakes and erroneous information. It mostly features basic information but it's never bad to brush up on the basics!

GUIDE

To those who did know me from before:

I've been very busy. Basically, I focused on college. Yet, that is now in the past since I graduated. I'd like to ask how is the smash scene for Luigi players and the smash scene in general? It is over 90% dead in Puerto Rico so I'll probably won't be able to play again in tournaments...
amazing, good to see you again haha

i'm still around, only attend tournaments now and then, but i'll always rep pink luigi. also a major lurker of these boards

Top Bottom