• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

boss8

Smash Hero
yea like...

-walking away fsmash
-obv bair into shields
-reverse cape edgegrab
-etc....

i feel like every mario i play does the same thing....someone needs to switch it up..

yea this applies to you luigi mains as well.....

i played some of you,and you guys do the same auto pilot moves over and over...cept for like..

excel,yoshq,concon......

but other then that...some of u luigi's need to at some spice/style to your gameplay...

concon is prob the toughest luigi i've fought...kid knows his shizz...

but these are just luigi dittos...

BSP

Smash Legend
yea like...

-walking away fsmash
-obv bair into shields
-reverse cape edgegrab
-etc....

i feel like every mario i play does the same thing....someone needs to switch it up..

yea this applies to you luigi mains as well.....

i played some of you,and you guys do the same auto pilot moves over and over...cept for like..

excel,yoshq,concon......

but other then that...some of u luigi's need to at some spice/style to your gameplay...

concon is prob the toughest luigi i've fought...kid knows his shizz...

but these are just luigi dittos...
Luigi can't use cape though.

me9595

Smash Apprentice
i was just playing brawl with my 10 year old cousin and he picked meta knight, after we won a few doubles games against the cpu he said "wow im really good with meta knight". he pretty much was just tornadoing the whole time, and i was like, if only you knew how right you are

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
My uncle and I were playing brawl once. He picked metaknight because "he must be the best."

When I responded, "Wow, how'd you know?"

He says back to me, "I mean... Who can beat metalknight??"

He thought the name was metalknight, and just happened to be right about him being the best.

:phone:

me9595

Smash Apprentice
tech he lives in florida though, he is up here with his uncle to see the tigers game tomorrow, but ill make him join us some time haha

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Today, I lost to two different people who were using GameStop GC controllers.

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
I have witnessed Mr.ConCon's Luigi live in action for the first time yesterday at E4U:Revenge...

I am rethinking my life right now. I have been going around playing Luigi all wrong. o___o

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Hoping & preying for all the east coast luigi mains & their families during hurricane sandy.
a human life is way more important, then a home that will be destroyed by the hurricane.

:pow:

boss8

Smash Hero
yeah, but he ran into falco's grab range every time and lost to dehf. Also he kept trying to jab up falco when luigi can't he's a faster faller. He still did good since he almost made a comeback at the end.

http://www.twitch.tv/mikehazegaming/b/337103986

the match is at 7:20:50
if me and concon fused together....

that luigi wouild prob be unstoppable....

hard reads + luigi tech=GG's everyone...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
yeah, but he ran into falco's grab range every time and lost to dehf. Also he kept trying to jab up falco when luigi can't he's a faster faller. He still did good since he almost made a comeback at the end.

http://www.twitch.tv/mikehazegaming/b/337103986

the match is at 7:20:50
It's amazing that he can do so well without knowing specific match-up stuff like who can be jab->upB'd.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Hoping & preying for all the east coast luigi mains & their families during hurricane sandy.
a human life is way more important, then a home that will be destroyed by the hurricane.

super 2 day smashfest at a Shelter on Long Island GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

lol

if me and concon fused together....

that luigi wouild prob be unstoppable....

hard reads + luigi tech=GG's everyone...
mr.concon + Boss = Metaknight

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
It seems that my message in response to what I have learned while watching ConCon play didn't want to send while I was still in LA... Luckily it was short so I don't mind rewriting it.

He used Down-B to punish landing on characters when he was 1/2 stage distance away and got them with it. It surprised me, and I(being a free *** luigi player) didn't think of using it in that way. Also just MU-specific about Falco's Side-B, you can use Down-B as well to beat it as well. My friends, however, Sean[MK] and Choice[Wolf/Falco] both say to just read it with an aerial. Dunno which is better, but if ConCon does Down-B vs Larry... Guess that's the "better" option. *Shrug*
He also made me realize how good OoS D-smash is. Quick, racks up damage, etc. Gonna work on these things.

But it was cool to see Mr.ConCon finally, and if you're reading this: LMFAO at you making AZ rage that friggin' hard oh god you had me and Vegas smash rolling behind you. Thought some WorldStarHipHop was about to go down! XD

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
third best luigi combo after walk up -> upB and naked misfire

me9595

Smash Apprentice
does anyone know if there is a video of when mrconcon beat larry way back whenever it was? i cant find it

BSP

Smash Legend
Looking at my old Luigi vids, I was going about the wrong way too.

I didn't and still don't tornado nearly enough.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
That's why i never keep trying to attack them w/cyclone while they shielding, you're basically open to a grab.
My tip is to moved your cyclone out of their oos grab range. #MixItUpPeeps

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Go in with it, but bait a grab by slowing down first, then go in.

They'll start second guessing themselves when you move at their shield, and can either successfully grab, miss a grab and get punished, or get lots of shield pressure.

If they hold the shield, move it to behind them so they have less options.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Go in with it, but bait a grab by slowing down first, then go in.

They'll start second guessing themselves when you move at their shield, and can either successfully grab, miss a grab and get punished, or get lots of shield pressure.

If they hold the shield, move it to behind them so they have less options.

^ This pretty much sums it up.

Top Bottom