• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
amazing, good to see you again haha

i'm still around, only attend tournaments now and then, but i'll always rep pink luigi. also a major lurker of these boards
I wish I could play in tournaments again. If I had the opportunity it would probably be an online tournament (If they even still exist) and knowing the lag of the smash servers plus the awesome internet we have in PR it wouldn't be the wisest idea. Also, pink Luigi ftw.

me9595

Smash Apprentice
so i was playing yesterday and i got the fireball lock on someone, it was the greatest thing that has ever happened

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Walked up to a meta knight yesterday. Stood for about a second and a half right in front of him.

Threw out an upB when I felt the time was right.

The time was right.

Felt sooo good.

:phone:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Walked up to a meta knight yesterday. Stood for about a second and a half right in front of him.

Threw out an upB when I felt the time was right.

The time was right.

Felt sooo good.
I know what you mean. I did that in a tournament in mid air > KO. Greatest. Moment. Ever.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
mid air upBs have a special kind of swag.

Like... you timed it perfectly in the air, much harder than on the ground IMO

and yet, there's no sweet sound effect to compliment it

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
No. Meta. Knight.

In all seriousness, I'm interested in how that will develop.

I. Want. To. Go.

Someone make a bridge that connects Puerto Rico, to the Dominican Republic/Haiti, to Cuba, to Florida so I can get there.

EDIT: I meant to quote BSL not Luigisama... Fixed.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
No. Meta. Knight.

In all seriousness, I'm interested in how that will develop.

I. Want. To. Go.

Someone make a bridge that connects Puerto Rico, to the Dominican Republic/Haiti, to Cuba, to Florida so I can get there.

EDIT: I meant to quote BSL not Luigisama... Fixed.
There are tournaments still in PR, check their tournament threads.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
There are tournaments still in PR, check their tournament threads.
I had gone to the regional subforum before but checked again just to make sure.

Last post in the "Social" Puerto Rico thread: 10/29/2012

Power rankings thread last updated: 05/20/2011

Tournaments for Puerto Rico should be posted at the Regional Zone/Central and South America forum. If they are posted outside of this area then they should technically be deleted considering they have a specifically assigned forum.

Usually, tournaments in Puerto Rico were posted on our local forums (they had nothing to do with smashboards). But the majority of posts in there are from 2011. There are some random 2012 posts...

Regardless, yesterday I found out there will be a tournament December 7, announced through facebook, so I'll report back with results after that.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I had gone to the regional subforum before but checked again just to make sure.

Last post in the "Social" Puerto Rico thread: 10/29/2012

Power rankings thread last updated: 05/20/2011

Tournaments for Puerto Rico should be posted at the Regional Zone/Central and South America forum. If they are posted outside of this area then they should technically be deleted considering they have a specifically assigned forum.

Usually, tournaments in Puerto Rico were posted on our local forums (they had nothing to do with smashboards). But the majority of posts in there are from 2011. There are some random 2012 posts...

Regardless, yesterday I found out there will be a tournament December 7, announced through facebook, so I'll report back with results after that.
an unretired luigi

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
lol hmm so I heard that excel zero from puerto rico is going to apex. have you ever played him?
He is?

Yes I've played him. He is one of the best players on the island. He mains :peachbrawl: and for around a year or two he would win almost all the tournaments he went to. I placed fifth in a tournament around two years ago because Excel knocked me into losers early :(. Regardless, the set was tied until the last match were it literally came down to who hits who first and knocks them out. Yet, after that he kept improving while I stayed on a constant skill level. So you should watch out for him. For APEX however it is probable that he plays :peachbrawl: and :metaknightbrawl: as a counter-pick character.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Reflex called Excel_Zero the best Peach he has ever played.

The only Peach players who are well known that I've played are Dark Peach and Excel_Zero respectively. Excel_Zero is way superior. Dark Peach, while a great player in his own right, didn't feel as challenging as when I played Excel.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Yep. When I played against him, however, he was considered one of the best peach players. I don't know if that's changed from then.

BSP

Smash Legend
He is?

Yes I've played him. He is one of the best players on the island. He mains :peachbrawl: and for around a year or two he would win almost all the tournaments he went to. I placed fifth in a tournament around two years ago because Excel knocked me into losers early :(. Regardless, the set was tied until the last match were it literally came down to who hits who first and knocks them out. Yet, after that he kept improving while I stayed on a constant skill level. So you should watch out for him. For APEX however it is probable that he plays :peachbrawl: and :metaknightbrawl: as a counter-pick character.
I think he'll need :metaknight: a lot

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Ok, second time writing this because smashboards decides to log me off...

You need to work on your spacing a lot.

Anyways work on your short hops, you are jumping or double jumping in order to attack your opponent. Being so high up limits your options. You are basically vulnerable to a grounded opponent. You can do one of two things. Use an attack or dodge. If that MK predicted correctly you would have been harassed soooo much.

Also, you are using your cyclone in order to recover from the ledge, that leaves you insanely high up as well. Then the problems I highlighted above occur again.

In addition, angle your forward smashes. An up angled forward smash kills an MK at around 78-79%. There were so many occasions when you could have killed him but didn't.

Also, your fireballs. Don't use them when an opponent is so close to you. They are projectiles but they aren't that versatile anyways, so it's just used as a harassment tool from far away or as a setup tool. Just try to not use them when there's an MK on your face you won't be able to respond correctly.

Your mechanics are what need the most work though. Focus on the basics. Try not to over complicate things.

Anyways those are the most important things that I could catch. There should be others but work on these first.

Additionally, that MK needs A LOT of work but we wont focus on that right now. We want Muhti to improve not his opponent xD. J/K's everyone can improve!

BSP said:
I think he'll need :metaknightbrawl: a lot.
How so?

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Alright thanks locaun.

I'll work on those things little by little.

I have been trying to do the short hops, but I always tend to high/medium jumps.

I'll probably work on the short hops with an NPC at first then with real people :p

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Alright thanks locaun.

I'll work on those things little by little.

I have been trying to do the short hops, but I always tend to high/medium jumps.

I'll probably work on the short hops with an NPC at first then with real people :p
Also, I forgot that your vid link / my critique should have gone one the video/critique thread, but... lol.

yoshq

Smash Master
Is my love for the judge that obvious?!?!?!
SHE'S SO FAIR.
The only Peach players who are well known that I've played are Dark Peach and Excel_Zero respectively. Excel_Zero is way superior. Dark Peach, while a great player in his own right, didn't feel as challenging as when I played Excel.
Nicole is also very good. And there's like 1 other. But I feel like he hasn't been placing.
Yeah he still has those mental issues in regards to competition. IIRC it's a medical condition.

I have that, too. I'm working on it.

Top Bottom