• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
You're friend obviously doesn't know how to play with olimar & diddy.
I'm not trying to sound rude, but those characters can pound luigi.
Power shield approach would of broke past luigi's wall of fireballs and jabs.

To answer your question....sure, i had some people rage quit their main & cp an mk on me LOTS of times in tourney or aib ladder. I mostly use mario because he's my natural main.

TreK

Is "that guy"
People who rageCP marth or MK usually lose because they don't know the reasons why the matchup is awful for Luigi. It's like telling them 'if you had a nuclear weapon, you could be rich', and forgetting to tell them 'oh yeah, and you have to be a doctor in rocket science if you want to get the bomb to work btw'. They end up getting camped hard and they don't understand that they did something wrong.

That said, diddy and olimar shouldn't be helpless against a Luigi if they knew what they were doing. Maybe your friend should consider re-learning how to camp.

me9595

Smash Apprentice
I keep telling him that he doesnt understand the match up, but he says that it wont matter if he learns the match up and he has no chance. so i told him to go to the diddy and olimar boards and ask for help but he wont do it

CRODD

Smash Apprentice
I don't honestly think the olimar luigi my is that bad. I played against pesticide and did really well. FFAD jab up b and low percent chops and nair make people rage quit all the time lol

:phone:

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I was playing friendlies with my friend, he mains olimar and diddy, and after me beating him for a while and he getting mad at my "overpowered" jab, cyclone, and fireballs, he switched and played meta knight for the first time ever, even though i think he thinks meta knight should be banned, and he said it was impossible to approach with mk against luigi with my "wall" of fireballs and jabs. so has anyone else ever made someone rage quit their main because luigi is a "hard counter" to them?
This subject is Taboo for me on so many levels.

But this is what comes with this character. It feels awkward when I know my opponent doesn't shake my hand or respond when I say "ggs" :(

me9595

Smash Apprentice

But this is what comes with this character. It feels awkward when I know my opponent doesn't shake my hand or respond when I say "ggs" :(
I've known the guy for years and played brawl with him for years too, so we dont really worry about ggs and stuff, i just think its funny how he thinks that luigi can be unbeatable, and he plays two of the best characters in the game
and what do you mean by taboo

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I've known the guy for years and played brawl with him for years too, so we dont really worry about ggs and stuff, i just think its funny how he thinks that luigi can be unbeatable, and he plays two of the best characters in the game
and what do you mean by taboo
eh idk lol. By Taboo I meant something I shouldn't talk about and I just felt like saying that. But yeah there have been occasions where I beat people and they either rage or complain about luigi.

Apparently Cheese thinks Luigi cyclone is the most annoying move in the game

After I beat Zorai according to raptor who was watching said that he looked like he was going to cry and he went somewhere.

Then there were these two people that I beat one was a girl using peach. After I beat her she just un plugged her controller and left.

Other than that I always get the occasional "why is fsmash so strong" I just laugh so hard.

NAPOS did you do luigi dittos with trog? :p

yoshq

Smash Master
I was playing friendlies with my friend, he mains olimar and diddy, and after me beating him for a while and he getting mad at my "overpowered" jab, cyclone, and fireballs, he switched and played meta knight for the first time ever, even though i think he thinks meta knight should be banned, and he said it was impossible to approach with mk against luigi with my "wall" of fireballs and jabs. so has anyone else ever made someone rage quit their main because luigi is a "hard counter" to them?
Lmfao yeah. I got this **** yesterday from a wifi match.
wow. dude skill wise you not touching me. using cheap as moves to win tsk that **** should be banned
and in the chat - Aiz3N: dude ur so lucky that cheap *** ace in a hole
He's *****ing cuz I came back and upbed him from being 150% last stock and him 0%. Then second game came back from a stock lead with the same thing. I railed on him afterwards for saying Luigi is broken. He's like, I'm gonna pick up MK.. TL is too much work. This dude needs a tall glass of water to counter all his salt.

You play Luigi doo. Don't feel bad.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
hmm so I've been thinking for a good while about sliding jab to dtilt(forced trip) up b. I wonder if this can in theory if Trip happens every time can it gurantee an up b every time since Luigi slide puts him close enough to hit with his fire up b.

Of course doing this beyond 100%( I believe this varies with each character) a trip won't happen it just pops the opponent up into the air.

Also I'm still not sure how the IASA frames on dtilt work according to this topic
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175652
The frame range to do anything is short compared to Fsmash up tilted to anything.

Edit:* after looking at Toonami's thread on Luigi's hit boxes*

That 35% chance of trip. I feel like looking into this.

BSP

Smash Legend
and in the chat - Aiz3N: dude ur so lucky that cheap *** ace in a hole
He's *****ing cuz I came back and upbed him from being 150% last stock and him 0%. Then second game came back from a stock lead with the same thing. I railed on him afterwards for saying Luigi is broken. He's like, I'm gonna pick up MK.. TL is too much work. This dude needs a tall glass of water to counter all his salt.
That's what Luigi does. Makin' people rage all day

Luigisama

Smash Champion
not sure if you guys watched the dissention stream but

LUIGI IS A TRUE COUNTER TO MK. xD

So in Loser's Koolaid loses to Atomsk in game 1 with pit v.s D3 and then in Game 2 Koolaid goes Luigi and Atomsk used MK. Koolaid lost. I thought overall it was funny since Koolaid is from NE and they usually troll.

me9595

Smash Apprentice
hmm so I've been thinking for a good while about sliding jab to dtilt(forced trip) up b. I wonder if this can in theory if Trip happens every time can it gurantee an up b every time since Luigi slide puts him close enough to hit with his fire up b.

Of course doing this beyond 100%( I believe this varies with each character) a trip won't happen it just pops the opponent up into the air.

Also I'm still not sure how the IASA frames on dtilt work according to this topic
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175652
The frame range is to do anything is short compared to Fsmash up tilted to anything.

Edit:* after looking at Toonami's thread on Luigi's hit boxes*

That 35% chance of trip. I feel like looking into this.
look at this video just before 4 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDwMnYj8Az8

BSP

Smash Legend

So in Loser's Koolaid loses to Atomsk in game 1 with pit v.s D3 and then in Game 2 Koolaid goes Luigi and Atomsk used MK. Koolaid lost. I thought overall it was funny since Koolaid is from NE and they usually troll.
Koolaid missed a fireball or Downward angled Ftilt lock that would have won him the game. I raged so hard when he missed it.

boss8

Smash Hero

Luigi sucks, Gg.
I quit luigi, now I'm maining Bowser and Ganon. Don't worry I'll come vist sometimes.
I'm fujking serious!! X__X

BSP

Smash Legend
Good then

I'm still searching for my MK solution. I'm trying to find the most fun top tier.

I'll just put that in the Luigi Results thread too.

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
Good then

I'm still searching for my MK solution. I'm trying to find the most fun top tier.

I'll just put that in the Luigi Results thread too.
I found Yoshi has an alright match-up against MK for a mid-tier character.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'd rather not go from a disadvantaged MU to another disadvantaged MU, which is why I said I'm looking for a top tier. I see it as a waste in the end >.>

me9595

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather not go from a disadvantaged MU to another disadvantaged MU, which is why I said I'm looking for a top tier. I see it as a waste in the end >.>
try pikachu, he is supposed to go even with mk

CRODD

Smash Apprentice
Try Wario, landing a waft at early % is almost as satisfying as an up b from Luigi.

BSP

Smash Legend
try pikachu, he is supposed to go even with mk
I will. I'm going to try a lot of people. Before I can really decide anything though, I need to have regular practice sessions, which is something I don't have right now, so I can't really search.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I did a nice Luigi combo and saved it on my Wii, but no way to show it. :(

Luigi is so much fun to string stuff with. Once I get in, the other person takes atleast 60%, and if I drop it there, they roll into my up-b lololol.

Roll is a weird word. Roll. Rolls. Rolling around. Just kinda look at it.

Top Bottom