• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

BSP

Smash Legend
A good ROB can be quite a pain for luigi. I played sudai some with luigi and rob is pretty capable of keeping him out

Robs ftilt is stupid

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, that too. Also, it's really difficult to challenge any of robs aerials, which is quite a pain when you play luigi looking for trades like I do. If we're looking at him, ftilt and fair > us. He's facing away? Bair > us. Sucks.

If you stay away, have fun with gyros and lasers >_>

CRODD

Smash Apprentice
Mine would be mk, than d3, Ike, Marth and everyone else isn't too bad. D3 even without his infinite still gives me a lot of problems with his utilt and his good sheild grabs and played against Hungrybox and Dewdadash. Ike can live for a really long time and its hard to get in with all his ffnairs, fair,bair and jabs (I play Ryo almost every other day :D) Marth to me seems to be a tab bit easier than Ike, he is lighter, doesn't hit as hard and but still hard nonetheless. Also Gainesville Florida is hosting a tournament and I would be awesome to play against a top luigi. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323559 .

Player-3

Smash Hero
well i can ONLY name the ONLY people who still play those characters...

LOOOOL

who else plays DDD/ROB THATS GOOD?

aside from like OS/stingers/ocean

coney/atomsk/dewdadash

no one else...

ok kirby isnt on that list...just chu...xD
Name 1 "good" rob and a good d3 besides coney and atomisk

Japanese players dont count either...I know who you were gonna bring up, lmao
4GOD is the best ddd

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
This guy BODIED me in a crew battle last year. I had three stocks to his one and still lost. Then I had to play him in pools at this regional two months ago. Back to back JV 2 stocks on me.

I don't play a standard ROB playstyle. Not saying my style towards the char makes me better by any means (tho I do wish more would try it), but it does take a ton of people off guard who expect a laid back, campy ROB.

I actually remember our crew battle set more than I remember our pools set, and my main advice for you is to switch up your recovery and hold on to that jump as long as possible. Fundamental stuff, I know. But it goes a long way.

yoshq

Smash Master
Hey so I back to back 3 stocked Samuri Panda in brackets yesterday at Phoenix Saga. I know he hadn't played in like 2 years or whatever but damnit, I've never 3 stocked someone in bracket before and it was awesome.

Napos

Smash Ace
Hey so I back to back 3 stocked Samuri Panda in brackets yesterday at Phoenix Saga. I know he hadn't played in like 2 years or whatever but damnit, I've never 3 stocked someone in bracket before and it was awesome.
Its a major accomplishment. 3 stocking, you know you're good.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Haven't touched a GC controller in 3 years. And tbh I knew Shugo was up next so I had no desire to win either. Regardless, you had an incredible Luigi and you deserve to feel good about that.

Yes, I namesearch.

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering if anyone else here felt unrewarded at times with the amount of practice you put into your character?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Yea I have been for the longest time because PA's scene has been dead for a while. Luckily it's been revived recently so hopefully I can get some practice in with PA now that they have interest in the game again.

CRODD

Smash Apprentice
Florida has a pretty decent scene tho the lack of Luigi's is rather upsetting :/.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I always thought it was 4 before but people I've talked to about it over time have said it might be frame 6.

Possible chance of rechecking it to confirm?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I need someone to remind me in like 3 hours to check. I'm pretty sure I have the programs to do it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
A bit of a delay, but I'm on it! Now to boot up the old Compy and see if the programs are there. I should know if I can do it within the next 10 minutes, and if I can, I'll have the data within 10 minutes of that.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Damn. Now I'm late. By 3 minutes... DAMN YOU ADD!!!

Ok so it's frame 6.

yoshq

Smash Master
I was wondering if anyone else here felt unrewarded at times with the amount of practice you put into your character?
No. I don't feel like this. I just focus on my weaknesses and make a mental or physical note to improve on them later. Then I do. You have to make sure to practice against people who are going to make you better. Like people who are at or above your level. And don't waste your time on unwinnable matchups like MK Marth or GW. Practicing those will give you like 1/3 the practice of an intense match against a great player of a more even midtier matchup. But yeah. Practice against people who are gonna challenge you. Don't waste your time with your main vs scrubs who will give you bad habits.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Hey BC, do you have a partner for Impulse yet?...Zhao isn't coming anymore so I need a doubles partner D:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Pit is the Lamest character in the game. Sonic and Yoshi too. But pit's the worst.

me9595

Smash Apprentice
I was playing friendlies with my friend, he mains olimar and diddy, and after me beating him for a while and he getting mad at my "overpowered" jab, cyclone, and fireballs, he switched and played meta knight for the first time ever, even though i think he thinks meta knight should be banned, and he said it was impossible to approach with mk against luigi with my "wall" of fireballs and jabs. so has anyone else ever made someone rage quit their main because luigi is a "hard counter" to them?

Top Bottom