• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
UP-Bs are not needed much.
Y'all can still pwn with that Down-B there.

Edit:
After a few fights, I mostly got *****.
The opponent randomizes a character in each battle.
When he chose olimar, He was spamming hard.
MK, Using "special" too often (w/ Down-A).
Snake, No spam but I couldn't even touch him.
I've only won just one battle. He won the rest.

In conclusion, that opponent made me jelly.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
UP-Bs are not needed much.
Y'all can still pwn with that Down-B there.

Edit:
After a few fights, I mostly got *****.
The opponent randomizes a character in each battle.
When he chose olimar, He was spamming hard.
MK, Using "special" too often (w/ Down-A).
Snake, No spam but I couldn't even touch him.
I've only won just one battle. He won the rest.

In conclusion, that opponent made me jelly.
I need up b's to win. I can't remember a single tourney win where I didn't need up b. I'm so horrible at setting up fsmash.

hmm kind of glad that I don't have to carry mass amounts of money to apex when I go since its pre reg now, but I just hope I can get my license by then.

lol the only luigi's that are around and compete in tourneys are me, Mr. L, YoshQ, De Desti, and Thunder. Sorry If I missed anyone else, but these are the only names I've seen in the results thread using Luigi.

Now for the only Luigi mains that strictly only use Luigi for tourney. Me and Thunder lol.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I need up b's to win. I can't remember a single tourney win where I didn't need up b. I'm so horrible at setting up fsmash.

hmm kind of glad that I don't have to carry mass amounts of money to apex when I go since its pre reg now, but I just hope I can get my license by then.

lol the only luigi's that are around and compete in tourneys are me, Mr. L, YoshQ, De Desti, and Thunder. Sorry If I missed anyone else, but these are the only names I've seen in the results thread using Luigi.

Now for the only Luigi mains that strictly only use Luigi for tourney. Me and Thunder lol.
I need upb's to win too...............that is if I was actually consistent at landing them :urg:

You can probably get a ride there, there are a lot of people in the Long Island area right?

What results thread?

lol I want to pick up a secondary to help with the bad matchups, but I still can't decide between the few I want to and I have no one to practice with so it's sort of a lost cause to try picking up another character w/o the availability of good practice opportunities :/

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I need upb's to win too...............that is if I was actually consistent at landing them :urg:

You can probably get a ride there, there are a lot of people in the Long Island area right?

What results thread?

lol I want to pick up a secondary to help with the bad matchups, but I still can't decide between the few I want to and I have no one to practice with so it's sort of a lost cause to try picking up another character w/o the availability of good practice opportunities :/
The tournaments results thread that is in the tournament section. The one I check every two weeks since I'm unemployed and I have a lot of free time lol.

As for secondaries try wario because he is kind of similar to Luigi or someone you like idk. Regardless it will probably hard picking up a secondary since no pro smashers live near you.

Also as for rides I don't think I'll be getting any since people probably make agreements like months before apex. I would prefer to drive to apex since I know I won't have to wait on anyone.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787

Which is exactly the reason we're on middle tier.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I was just kind of bored today and I was trying to see if Shield DI to grab would work with Luigi, but it doesn't work because of his traction and I don't think there is a way to stop it.

Also this is probably common sense that I just stumbled upon. So Mk's nado is like 4 and a half secs long in real life. Since Luigi has a short spotdodge Luigi has to dodge in the middle of the 4 secs and it turns out if Luigi can spotdodge correctly he can punish Mk's free fall with an up b. But this will only if Mk happens to stay near Luigi during nado.

Lastly the only move that can hit mk out of his nado besides nair, fair, and bair is ftlit. Ftlit can hit mk out of his nado at the tip of Luigi shoe.

Ok aside from this stuff I was just wondering if anyone was willing to try this out during a tourney match as Luigi. First do down throw then your opponent will do the following A) air dodge, B) attack you or c) jump away. For a and b grab your opponent again and down throw again. Lol for some reason I've been getting people with this and I was wondering if maybe this could help anyone else. I think this happens because people are expecting a down throw to up air.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
upsmash can hit him out, too i thought,
yeah I think so to, but like I think its rare. Also I tend to always get it at the end of the nado or something. I think it works best when like a mk chases Luigi then you pull out the upsmash that hits around Luigi's head area. I think its really hit box related and some other stuff that involve the nado gapes.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
luigi's head is invincible

all this discussion reminds me. do we have frame data on luigi?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Completely forgot to add that I was also experimenting with Luigi's fireball and stages.

Besides Brinstar, Halberd, and Delfino. Luigi's fireballs can be manipulated by ledges and stage formations.
On the ledge Luigi's fireballs will either bounce off diagonally up, diagonally down, or bounce right back to Luigi. On stages like Yoshi's Island(brawl) at the edge if you shoot a Fireball it will bounce forward diagonally towards your opponent. On Frigate during the 2nd transformation you can kind of safely edge guard with fireballs in the middle of the stage because of the slants. Also on Frigate during the 1st transformation on the right side with the moving platform. Just barely below the orange portion of the stage Luigi can get stuck in the stage and it really helps when it happens when the platform is below luigi so he can land on it.

Lastly Luigi can shark on halberd, Delfino, and Ps1. Lol on ps1 Luigi aerials barely go through the lip platform, but they still hit.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i cant figure out how to work this damn thing. oh well.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
i cant figure out how to work this damn thing. oh well.
lol yeah its probably best to learn things through actual gameplay. Not to mention someone disproved some of the frame data for Luigi so I guess you can say its kind of out dated.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
no, i have a program to check framedata and properties and stuff. but i dont remember how to work it.

ill figure it out later.

BSP

Smash Legend
Usmash will knock him out of it everytime

Have you guys noticed Dsmash's stupid hitbox? I always get people with jab -> charging Dsmash. Luigi leans back a bit so they can't hit me, but the hitbox is farther than they think.

BTW, dealing with MKs ftilt. Can we do anything besides roll?

boss8

Smash Hero
Usmash will knock him out of it everytime

Have you guys noticed Dsmash's stupid hitbox? I always get people with jab -> charging Dsmash. Luigi leans back a bit so they can't hit me, but the hitbox is farther than they think.

BTW, dealing with MKs ftilt. Can we do anything besides roll?
i jus jump back and throw a fireball...or jus fireball n general....

most MK's wnt Ftilt if a fireball is hitting them over and over...

Luigisama

Smash Champion

^ this is the face that Yoshq makes when he realizes that he has to record 1000 more brawl replays. lol

yoshq

Smash Master
Bthrow is good to stay in the game %'tage wise.....

dthrow sets up alot of things though....
no! bthrow is for sending them away from you, dthrow puts them under pressure and gives combo opportunities. bthrow only for when your back is to the edge and you wanna put pressure on a char with a bad recovery. or when they're at like 150% lol

^ this is the face that Yoshq makes when he realizes that he has to record 1000 more brawl replays. lol
naw, that's your mom's face when she saw my ****.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
no! bthrow is for sending them away from you, dthrow puts them under pressure and gives combo opportunities. bthrow only for when your back is to the edge and you wanna put pressure on a char with a bad recovery. or when they're at like 150% lol

lol fine I see your not ready to admit that you freak out every once in awhile when you have to record replays. lol jk Rocko da bess.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman

D*** yoshq the new boss. lol

yoshq

Smash Master
i've had a car for as long as i can remember... but i did recently find out that there's a bus that costs $5 for a 3 hour drive, $5 each way. that ends up in chicago, where there are tourneys every month. ;D

Top Bottom