• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
d'aw. I will admit tho, Claus isnt the brightest crayon in the box trying to take out the drago by himself and he gets the **** for it. At least he isnt a wimp tho like his brother

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I now hate MK on brinstar.
I don't. This MU is completely in Lucas' favor, 110: -10, Lucas.
I haven't seen the day where MK was such garb. Now i've seen it all.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I knew I shouldn't take him to Brinstar.
but anyways.
I was playing Kel on AiB ladder, first game he beats my Fox with mk, kinda close I think.
Next game I CP Delfino and go Wolf, he trips on his last stock at 80%, I roll behind him as he rolls towards me and I dsmash him and win lol.
Then I ban RC (choose your poison, RC or Brinstar) so he goes Brinstar, so I just figure I'll go Lucas since he does the better than Wolf and Fox on there.
So, the place on the right side under the platform is gay as ****. Nothing hits him when he's crouching there =/
Oh, and he didn't run into a single Dsmash, he got by one though, probably because he's played Tyr and Tyr loves Brinstar.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
First off, congrats to FAE for getting 3rd at his recent tourney, and secondly, the **** he did in that crew battle was so sexy. Here's a link to the vid to see what he did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpt3ezOQWVY

Nasty where are you housing @?
Well i was gonna stay at a Day's Inn for $50 a night from Thurs-Sat but that's crazy expensive. Do u have housing available or know where i can stay for cheaper?

EDIT: I just re-read the thing.. it's $50 per night split between the people staying there. Do u need housing? lol, it'll help make it cheaper.

Chuee

Smash Hero
^
lol he took out 7 stocks with his 2 LOL.
but seriously that second match ending.
Best **** i've seen.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
First off, congrats to FAE for getting 3rd at his recent tourney, and secondly, the **** he did in that crew battle was so sexy. Here's a link to the vid to see what he did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpt3ezOQWVY
10/10, would watch again.

Some of the stuff he did reminded me why I prefer PS1 to PS2. The phases just feel less gimmicky to me as well... I dunno. I guess I just have to play on PS2 a little more, I almost never go there.

Dtilt lock to usmash was unnecessary but flashy. Lol, too good.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
It wasn't even a d-tilt lock. He missed the timing on it. I think the fox just messed up hardcore

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Oh yeah, you're right. Looks like his first dtilt actually missed, the Fox took too long to get up/roll away.

But hey. If it works, it works...

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Nah, even if he took too long, he wasn't in the flopping animation. So when FAE did his U-smash, the Fox could have rolled.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
It wasn't a forced get-up though. You missed the opportunity window to actually put him in a forced get-up. It seems as if he just assumed he was in a jab lock so he stood up.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
It was a forced getup and the Usmash was timed accordingly. The dtilt lock will always create a forced getup unless something like terrain interferes. Go in practice mode and dtilt lock a fox and match that flopping animation with the one in the vid. If it wasn't a Dtilt lock he'd just slightly slide across the stage and not have bounced, allowing him to roll, getup attack, or whatever he wanted.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
It was a forced getup and the Usmash was timed accordingly. The dtilt lock will always create a forced getup unless something like terrain interferes. Go in practice mode and dtilt lock a fox and match that flopping animation with the one in the vid. If it wasn't a Dtilt lock he'd just slightly slide across the stage and not have bounced, allowing him to roll, getup attack, or whatever he wanted.
You see FAE, i thought the Dtilt will always force a get-up.. but it doesn't. TRUST ME. For whatever the reason, the game likes to laugh at you when you go for an Usmash sometimes and allows the person to roll out of the way EVEN AFTER THE DTILT LOCK. I spoke to Ninja Link about this and basically it's just safer to Fsmash them, especially if it's a character w/ terrible side recover, like the spacies or DeDeDe for example.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Practice mode involves a computer. They will always get up after Downattack3 in training mode. However, you still have the option to roll. Play against a person then have them miss a tech. Then wait until after they're done with the initial missed a tech animation then try to d-tilt lock them. They will not be in a forced get-up afterwards.

Edit: @FAE - No that D-tilt lock in the vid was not a true d-tilt lock.
I also plan on making a thread about the mechanics of jab locks based on the data that has been decrypted from Fighter.pac. I'm pretty much the god of everything you want to know about the mechanics of jab locks.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Would you say the Dtilt lock in the vid was a true Dtilt lock?
No that D-tilt lock in the vid was not a true d-tilt lock.
I also plan on making a thread about the mechanics of jab locks based on the data that has been decrypted from Fighter.pac. I'm pretty much the god of everything you want to know about the mechanics of jab locks.
Pretty much what he said. I do have one thing to add though. While you are "Dtilt locking" them, they can't roll out of it iirc. They can only roll out of it if you stop dtilting them... therefore, as soon as you are dtilting them, i'd suggest keep it going till kill % bc at that point they think they are dead and they just let go of their controller. lol.. then finish w/ a quick Fsmash before they have time to react.

Nonetheless, it was a great performance to watch. (minus the guy in the background yelling the words "****", "pen1s", and "we1ner" over and over again. (Especially in the first vid of the crew battle)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
rep that Claus SNO then x3 also i felt really stupid that i just got you can spell Claus with Lucas like 2 days ago.

Also FAE that was mad awesome stuff! When you did you AT on BF they were like "wtf was that?!?!?"

Yink's and rPSI's avas are awesome!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
IMMA BE AT RALEIGH! Make sure u guys find me. I will have an NL chain around my neck.

Btw....not sure if this was known but it seems Lucas has an ftilt lock into Dtilt against walls.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Hey rPSI (the guy who ignores me on skype) Theres a Wobbuffet shirt at nintendo world here in NYC. U want me to get it for u and bring it to u at MLG?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yes. And I didn't realize I'm ignoring you. Sorry :(

and

Alright, so I've seen a lot of people not know the entire mechanics of a jab lock.

So I'm here to explain exactly how a Jab Lock and forced Get-Up happens!

First of all, I'm going to copy-paste the data from Fighter.Pac decrypted from OSA2:

The waiting animation when you missed a tech.
Code:
Action0x4D
@14CB4
DownWaitD, DownWaitU, DownWaitD, 
-----------|START|--------------------------
Float Variable Set - IC-Basic[3179], RA-Float[9], 
If - IC-Basic[20003] = 134.00x
    Change Subaction - DownWaitD
Else
    If - Requirement=Bit is Set, RA-Bit[25], 
        Change Subaction - DownWaitU
    Else
        Change Subaction - DownWaitD
    End If
End If
Subroutine - Offset=@14B8C, 
----------------------------|END|-----------
The damaged state.
Code:
Action0x54
@15294
DownDamageU3, DownDamageD3, DownDamageU, DownDamageD, 
If - Requirement=Not Bit is Set, RA-Bit[28], 
    Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x2715, ID=0x49, Requirement=In Air, 
End If
Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x2712, ID=0x49, Requirement=Animation End, 
Additional Requirement - Requirement=In Air, 
Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x271E, ID=0x51, Requirement=On Ground, 
Additional Requirement - Requirement=Animation End, 
Additional Requirement - Requirement=Not Bit is Set, Variable=LA-Bit[24], 
Additional Requirement - RA-Float[9] <= 0.00x
Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x271D, ID=0x4E, Requirement=On Ground, 
Additional Requirement - Requirement=Animation End, 
Subroutine - Offset=@147AC, 
Concurrent Infinite Loop - 0x9, @150FC, 
If - Requirement=Bit is Set, RA-Bit[27], 
        Change Subaction - DownDamageU3
    Else
        Change Subaction - DownDamageD3
    End If
Else
        Change Subaction - DownDamageU
    Else
        Change Subaction - DownDamageD
    End If
End If
Set Loop - Iterations=0xFFFFFFFF, 
    If - Requirement=On Ground, 
        Edge Sticky - 0x1, 
        If - Requirement=Bit is Set, RA-Bit[29], 
            Set Air/Ground - 0x6, 
        End If
        !Motion-02! 04020100 - In Air, 
    Else
        Edge Sticky - 0x5, 
        If - Requirement=Bit is Set, RA-Bit[29], 
            Set Air/Ground - 0xA, 
        End If
        !Motion-02! 04020100 - On Ground, 
    End If
    Loop Rest
    Bit Variable Set - RA-Bit[29], 
Execute Loop
Missed tech animation
Code:
Action0x58
@15594
DownBoundU, DownBoundD, 
Change Action - ID=0xE, Requirement=Not Hit Stage, Variable=0x8, 
Change Action - ID=0x59, Requirement=Animation End, 
Additional Requirement - Requirement=On Ground, 
If - Requirement=Unknown(0x2715), 
    Bit Variable Set - RA-Bit[25], 
Else
    Bit Variable Clear - RA-Bit[25], 
End If
    Change Subaction - DownBoundU
Else
    Change Subaction - DownBoundD
End If

That probably makes no sense to you whatsoever, but that's okay. I'll explain it to you.
First of all, let's figure out the first part of the jab lock. The missed tech:
When you miss a tech you go into an animation that is labeled DownBoundU/D. The next part is the getting hit. This is the DownDamage3. When you're hit when you missed a tech, you go into this animation. The last one is the get-up, the coding in it is not important as it is the termniation of the flow of events.

Now here's the important thing to know about jab locks. You will only get a forced get-up if you make sure they do not enter the animation DownWait. During the DownWait (which is the animation that is when you are lying down) the variable that makes you stand-up is cleared. In the DownDamage3 action, there is an if statement that's requirements are on ground, animation end and bit is not set. If this if statement is true, then at the end of the animation, the opponent will go into the get-up animation. However, if you ever enter downwait, the bit that allows the forced get-up to happen is set. Which means if they ever enter the state that is downwait, a forced get-up will not occur.

Now as for the jab lock part. If you send and opponent into DownDamage3, the hitstun is constant and therefore a true combo (if your attack is fast enough).

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I found it useful! ;o

Also gl NL ;D

And finally finished all my AP work for the summer today and tomorrow is the first day of school.....i am such a procrastinator xD

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I need to upload my lucas matches.....i can stream it to whoevers interested as well. I dislike the way i have to record stuff now hence why theres a lack of uploaded vids.

Anyway I have lucas matches vs the japanese and some other matches.

Top Bottom