• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
you mean hit yourself diagonally downward?
just practice. aim it like a floorblast
if you're in that position sometimes you can just PKT1 at them and cancel it into the floor, then grab the ledge during helpless state (but not always otherwise it's predictable).

Jamwa

Smash Champion

the left side is appropriate when not moving vertically during the PKT cast time.
it will force a getup animation if you hit yourself into the group. use for mixups.
it sorta looks as i've drawn it though, you'll get a feel as PKB said.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I love that usage of MS Paint and its Text tool.
also if you want DIAGONALLY downward then aim for Lucas' left/right cheek or torso instead of the top of his head. sometimes you'll SD from that though, and it's blockable on reaction, but you might be able to loop it back around yourself instead of hitting his head for a mindgame. You really shouldn't be using this at all, maybe only if they're charging a smash at you.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I love that usage of MS Paint and its Text tool.
also if you want DIAGONALLY downward then aim for Lucas' left/right cheek or torso instead of the top of his head. sometimes you'll SD from that though, and it's blockable on reaction, but you might be able to loop it back around yourself instead of hitting his head for a mindgame. You really shouldn't be using this at all, maybe only if they're charging a smash at you.
It's a legitimate mixup

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
they can react upon initiation. it's good to throw them off, maybe once, but when they learn how to counter it bad things will happen. plus if you have to aim diagonally downward and accidentally slide then you'll probably be eating a punish.

RE-DAZ

Smash Cadet
I was trying the footstool cancel tech, but it's difficult and no posible for me with tap jump off, i was wondering ¿ what are the advantages of lucas? i mean, DK is good at ground game since his air-game is laggy and Snake too, can be easily juggle. but Wario and ness have a good air game.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
very good ground game
pretty good recovery game
great edgeguarding/gimping
good shield pressure options
(semi-)reliable lock setups
slippery, can be hard to grab
no-one has MU experience against him
strong throws

Jamwa

Smash Champion
ignore the pros and cons of the character.
focus on the playstyles that you think beats the person you are against

if they like to sit in shield, use shield pressure.
if they like to be in your face, use jab mixups and uair oos
if they like to camp, airdodge approach and punish or PKF

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Spent the last few hours trying to figure out how to get this all to work right, record, and convert to gif. I just used this as a test, but I might as well post it for you all~ :p

(60fps followed by 1fps)

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Spent the last few hours trying to figure out how to get this all to work right, record, and convert to gif. I just used this as a test, but I might as well post it for you all~ :p

(60fps followed by 1fps)
Is this something you're doing for Lucas? If so it might have been done already (im not completely sure) but anyway great job. looks good

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Is this something you're doing for Lucas? If so it might have been done already (im not completely sure) but anyway great job. looks good
I don't plan to focus on Lucas, or any specific character. I just wanted to set up my software so I can view hitboxes correctly, and then test making a gif of it. I'll probably just make them on request or something, and I'll work on having higher quality ones in the future. I just used Lucas as an arbitrary test subject, since I found his usmash amusing

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
yes, a lot of people I played found his Usmash amusing...
Until they airdodged or fell into it and died at 80

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
yes, a lot of people I played found his Usmash amusing...
Until they airdodged or fell into it and died at 80
it's how I stopped Ledge 3-stocking me at BAM that one match.

I just wanted to say, hey guys, it's been a while but i'm glad to be back!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
*hugs*

Aero!!

Hey i've been asked to come to BAM 6 this year. Dunno if I can go (chances are iffy) but i'll ask around, what's the situation with you? Any chance you can go? :O

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
*hugs*

Aero!!

Hey i've been asked to come to BAM 6 this year. Dunno if I can go (chances are iffy) but i'll ask around, what's the situation with you? Any chance you can go? :O
negatory

I just stick to QLD tournaments because they already take enough effort to go to

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
negatory

I just stick to QLD tournaments because they already take enough effort to go to
Awww, aha, fair enough.

You know, with the way my family's moving around at the moment, there's just as much chance we could end up in Qld in a few years time as much as anywhere else. :O

EDIT: I'm off for the night but i'll be back again tomorrow. It's GOOD to be back. :D

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey this thread has no right to die. Not after jamwa and I spent no time at all countless hours practicing so that we could come 7th and 5th respectively in our country's national. Get on board and show em what we're made of Lucas players!

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
If Sydney hosts a tournament any time soon, you should consider coming. :D
Yah but all the good ones are in other states. And I live 1 hr away from Sydney.

Normally I'd say I have school as well but I go to school IN sydney... lol.

I do want to come if there is one sometime tho, either that or download an NTSC-U image of Brawl, I found a link but it's a larrrrrge filesize...

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Penrith isn't too far off, you can catch a train or ask your parents to drive you.

Most tournaments are held on the weekends too and it's pretty awesomely worthwhile. :D

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
If the Gematsu leak is true, Lucas will be cut but he'll come back as DLC.
If the Gematsu leak is false, Lucas will return.

Problem solved.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If the Gematsu leak is true, Lucas will be cut but he'll come back as DLC.
If the Gematsu leak is false, Lucas will return.

Problem solved.
Basically this. Sal said there'd be DLC as well in the same rumour, i'm pretty certain they'd keep Lucas in that event.

It would suck so much to see him go for eternity, but thankfully I doubt that will be the case. :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey @ PKBeam PKBeam : It looks like Sydney's having a major for the first time in 4 years. I'm definitely going to try and make it (so long as it doesn't clash too much with school but I doubt that will be the case because i'm doing my trials early), you should look into it!

This also applies to @Nido and @ Jamwa Jamwa and possibly @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer if he feels like travelling down, as hard as it is? *puppy eyes*

Last edited:
Top Bottom