• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
wellllll..... happy new year.
but i'm 14 hours late.
dam

EDIT: yessss 1st post on the 211th page i feel special

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I'm confused about how to wavebounce PK fire
SH backwards and use PK Fire. for GCC
do a SH (GCC X/Y is easiest) while holding back and then reverse analog stick and press B immediately after.
if you B-stick then I think it's SH backwards and flick B-stick in the opposite direction (but don't flick while holding analog stick, that reverses the directional input).

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
Awesome! I actually just started playing lucas, but I never see anyone play him as good as me mostly because no one really plays lucas. By the way who's the best lucas main?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Dude hyutter aint that good at brawl
he's good at lucas (i.e. being able to do all the fancy techs) but if he were to try and beat Gluttony or Logic, nope.
fundamentals > tech skill

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Yeah but he doesn't get gimped as much (cept when he SD). PF and Mekos need to ZJ more :/

Puff becomes that much closer to +3 if you use ZJ, because you weaken her only advantage on us.

MK goes from like a very bad -2 to a normal -2.

Kirby and Pit go closer to 0.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
So I was gone for 2 years and come back to the same discussion. Lol. Anyway, just wanted to say I registered for Apex. :)
Solo Lucas? Marfgrab wrecks us.
D3 is good against all our **** MUs. He beats Marth solidly and outright wrecks DK. Not too bad against Snake either. It's like Sakurai shaped him to favor us.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Salem did it so we can troll the MKs again and ESAM will make another thread in the MK boards telling them to gimp us by chasing us offstage... then we can troll them again with Zap Jump.

Lucas for mid tier

RE-DAZ

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, i'm just new at smashboards, i main lucas and was guessing if you could help me with a question. ¿It's necessary the B stick in At's ?

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Hey everyone, i'm just new at smashboards, i main lucas and was guessing if you could help me with a question. ¿It's necessary the B stick in At's ?
AFAIK you can do all Lucas ATs and variations without B-stick but for stuff like Wavezap and certain Magnet Pull variations it's easier to just do it with B-stick, but you do lose SDI.

Try C-bouncing, but IDK how well that works, I don't use it.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
learn to b-stick, its great. keeping c-stick to smashes allows for quick aerials whilst DI-ing and allows you to SDI much better.
if you want to c-bounce the pk jump, set jump to L (i set Z to specials and X to grab) so you flick the c stick and press z and L at the same time.
by having L as jump you can now buffer double jumps if you dont have tap jump on
being able to buffer tap jump allows you to do the footstall cancel tech (which is amazing if you actually pull it off because its a guaranteed kill at 25%)

RE-DAZ

Smash Cadet
I don't have A GC controller, i'm actually getting 1/2 soon; but since i'm in the competitive smash i play with wiichuck With this custom buttons: Down in D-pad is jump, tap jump off and i grab with Right in D-pad. I can do some AT's. How can i do that footstall cancel tech with my wiichuck? and what's SDI?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I don't have A GC controller, i'm actually getting 1/2 soon; but since i'm in the competitive smash i play with wiichuck With this custom buttons: Down in D-pad is jump, tap jump off and i grab with Right in D-pad. I can do some AT's. How can i do that footstall cancel tech with my wiichuck? and what's SDI?
wiichuck dont ask me. i have no idea how it works. I'm pretty sure it limits what you can do though as you lose the c-stick which is important

SDI is basically, when you are hit, and before you are launched off, you are put into this state called hitstun.
during hitstun (its really quick), if you move the control stick or c-stick you will teleport in that direction by a very small amount.
look it up, there's a great thread about it explaining how to SDI, when you can SDI, and how to combine SDI and DI.

RE-DAZ

Smash Cadet
wiichuck dont ask me. i have no idea how it works. I'm pretty sure it limits what you can do though as you lose the c-stick which is important

SDI is basically, when you are hit, and before you are launched off, you are put into this state called hitstun.
during hitstun (its really quick), if you move the control stick or c-stick you will teleport in that direction by a very small amount.
look it up, there's a great thread about it explaining how to SDI, when you can SDI, and how to combine SDI and DI.
so what's the difference between SDI and DI? i jsut though DI was SDI, i'm confused :s

Jamwa

Smash Champion
DI changes the way you are launched (the trajectory), SDI literally moves you small amounts whilst you are being hit, but before you are launched.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Picture yourself getting hit by Falco's rapid A attack. SDI would allow you to get through it and onto the other side of him and you can buffer an attack like Uair to punish.

On a different note... apex pools are up..I have Tin Man and Zinoto. Should be fun. :)

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Picture yourself getting hit by Falco's rapid A attack. SDI would allow you to get through it and onto the other side of him and you can buffer an attack like Uair to punish.

On a different note... apex pools are up..I have Tin Man and Zinoto. Should be fun. :)
Woah Tin Man? He came down to Melbourne and won our major (I didn't get to play against him though)
Start watching Pink Fresh vs Logic haha

Mekos is in Salem's pool

oh ma goodness i wanna see

and is PF in P:M? someone entered as PinkFreshhh

KanjiGames

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kanji12
You don't need a C-Stick for C-Bouncing (or what it's called) you need the imput of an C-Stick and thats possible with WiiChuck too, but you have to change you controlls.
I set my D-Pad to uo=upsmash left=Sidesmash...etc. for PK-Fire you only need left an right smash.
For downB wavebouncing its harder because you also need downsmash too and you dont press dpaddown+direction+b you have to press dpaddown + Depadleft/right + opposite direction + b really hard to do constandly so that i prefer to do my downB wavebouces just with B and analogstick

and for the foodstall tech you need second jump on :( Jamwa explained it to me
So your inputs will be (in this order)

Footstall__________ Use Jump
DoubleJump_______ Must Use Tap Jump to Buffer the Double Jump after Footstall
Airdodge__________ Use whatever (not grab though)
Zair______________You can press A if you're still holding down shield after airdodging

for items, its just

Footstall
Double Jump
Throw Item

I think
not sure, try it. But you gotta use tap jump to buffer the second jump.
That's why I dont do this lol... Can't play with tap jump.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
You don't need a C-Stick for C-Bouncing (or what it's called) you need the imput of an C-Stick and thats possible with WiiChuck too, but you have to change you controlls.
I set my D-Pad to uo=upsmash left=Sidesmash...etc. for PK-Fire you only need left an right smash.
For downB wavebouncing its harder because you also need downsmash too and you dont press dpaddown+direction+b you have to press dpaddown + Depadleft/right + opposite direction + b really hard to do constandly so that i prefer to do my downB wavebouces just with B and analogstick

save yourself the pain. just get a classic controller, or even better, GCC.

on a side note, is it me or is a good lucas main pretty much extinct in australia's BB?

Jamwa

Smash Champion

apparently on the GCC you can set jump to L or R, and that way you can buffer DJ out of jump. ill test it out soon

i am lucas main in aus lol (not sure what BB means)
Luco is very committed to Lucas as well but he is not often in a position to attend tournaments (I also think he's better at Ness.. but that's probably because i'm not that good at ness and he just makes ness look really good)

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
apparently on the GCC you can set jump to L or R, and that way you can buffer DJ out of jump. ill test it out soon

i am lucas main in aus lol (not sure what BB means)
Luco is very committed to Lucas as well but he is not often in a position to attend tournaments (I also think he's better at Ness.. but that's probably because i'm not that good at ness and he just makes ness look really good)
BB = basic brawl
never seen you on it
there's a handful of good players who still go on australia's BB.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Do we have a skype chat? Plz add pidgezero_one :)

Top Bottom