• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Hey @ PKBeam PKBeam : It looks like Sydney's having a major for the first time in 4 years. I'm definitely going to try and make it (so long as it doesn't clash too much with school but I doubt that will be the case because i'm doing my trials early), you should look into it!

This also applies to @Nido and @ Jamwa Jamwa and possibly @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer if he feels like travelling down, as hard as it is? *puppy eyes*
The costs are a bit scary tho... $40 for the venue and $10 for entry... I might come but it depends on the time.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Hey @ PKBeam PKBeam : It looks like Sydney's having a major for the first time in 4 years. I'm definitely going to try and make it (so long as it doesn't clash too much with school but I doubt that will be the case because i'm doing my trials early), you should look into it!

This also applies to @Nido and @ Jamwa Jamwa and possibly @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer if he feels like travelling down, as hard as it is? *puppy eyes*
I missed out on the car pool so can't go

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Gematsu is done. Lucas is a lock in for SSB4.
No way Sakurai would add a fourth clone rep to a series like FE and not have time or space for a vet who isn't even cloned.

Waiting to see him in HD!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
We used to live around the central coast area but we don't anymore hehe. ^_^

I never really CP. Maybe I could, but I wouldn't want to. Even if I was losing and frustrated, I love the PK kids way too much to not use them and try and go againbst the odds. =P

With any luck they'll have streaming which you might be able to watch :D

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey PKBeam, how have you been going lately? If you're at all interested, it's looking possible that Gords will try to pull off a Sydney tournament around December/January. I'm going to Israel for a year on I think the 26th so it'll probably be my last tournament for a while, if you're at all interested, you should consider coming along! Err, that is, if you want to. :p

It's just be cool to meet ya n stuff. Also i'd be happy to share as much of my Lucas knowledge as you like (for what it's worth! Peeps seem pretty respectful of my Lucas even though there's a lot of work to do for him, hopefully I can transfer some of that info before I go).

I'll be back by the end of 2015, I just thought it'd be nice to say hello and whatnot. Ultimately up to you though, and 100% feel free to decline for whatever reason. ^_^

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Hey PKBeam, how have you been going lately? If you're at all interested, it's looking possible that Gords will try to pull off a Sydney tournament around December/January. I'm going to Israel for a year on I think the 26th so it'll probably be my last tournament for a while, if you're at all interested, you should consider coming along! Err, that is, if you want to. :p

It's just be cool to meet ya n stuff. Also i'd be happy to share as much of my Lucas knowledge as you like (for what it's worth! Peeps seem pretty respectful of my Lucas even though there's a lot of work to do for him, hopefully I can transfer some of that info before I go).

I'll be back by the end of 2015, I just thought it'd be nice to say hello and whatnot. Ultimately up to you though, and 100% feel free to decline for whatever reason. ^_^
Yeah, i'll definitely try to make it as long as the cost isn't very high.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh wow! I didn't mention it here, did I?

I ended up getting 3rd at ACL haha. So close to 2nd too, but winning money was still fun. So yeah, it was fun as all heck :D

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
@ Jamwa Jamwa @ PKBeam PKBeam @Mekos @ MTGod MTGod So it looks like Lucas is out for smash 4. It's a bit sad, but hoping he can come through as possible DLC. Who knows? :/
IMO I don't believe Sakurai respects the Mother series much, if at all. If there is DLC and Lucas isn't in, I want blood.
... Just kidding, but still, I will never forgive him for doing that and neither will a lot of people.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup

Just gonna leave this here...

"Lucas used to be weak-willed, and cry all the time. However, he overcame unimaginable hardships, and must surely be out adventuring somewhere right now. Or perhaps, he's found a partner and made a family of his own... No, no, that feels too soon. To fans of the MOTHER series, both Lucas and Ness might be young boys for all eternity." Not translated by me.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
perhaps he's found a partner and made a family of his own...
What? With who?! Kumatora?
No, no, that feels too soon
Damn right.

Jokes aside...
I wonder if they'll add him in as DLC. I really hope they do. :o
repeating what I said before,
If they even have just a tiny bit of respect remaining for the Mother series they'll do it. There was no reason to cut Lucas and Wolf at all. If DLC doesn't happen, Mother fans will never forgive them.
(Goddamn backup happening when I tried to post this 15 mins ago)

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well in a way it's sadly ironic because it could be argued Mother fans dislike nintendo for putting in Lucas in the first place, seeing as how Mother 3 wasn't released for VC and it felt like a slap in the face to many mother fans. At least, that's what I was told. :o

Can't say i'd be disappointed if he made it, though. =P

I'm really bugged that they cut ICs actually, funnily enough. First time on a 2-game standing basis that a char has been cut. >:I

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Well in a way it's sadly ironic because it could be argued Mother fans dislike nintendo for putting in Lucas in the first place, seeing as how Mother 3 wasn't released for VC and it felt like a slap in the face to many mother fans. At least, that's what I was told. :o

Can't say i'd be disappointed if he made it, though. =P

I'm really bugged that they cut ICs actually, funnily enough. First time on a 2-game standing basis that a char has been cut. >:I
It's because the 3DS couldn't handle the framerate drop w/ 4 ICs, I think.
Really dumb imo that they would cut a Melee vet just because one console couldn't handle them. Especially one with such unique mechanics.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I feel as though they'll re-add Lucas as DLC, Reggie was acting too suspicious at E3 about Mother 3. Might get a re-release and a Lucas DLC thing. I'd also like Ice Climbers/Wolf coming back with him.

As for 3DS limitations, ffs just make Ice Climbers Wii U exclusive if that's the case.

EDIT: The backgrounds of the veteran trophies are Smash characters. Maybe that's a hint.

MAYBE.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I feel as though they'll re-add Lucas as DLC, Reggie was acting too suspicious at E3 about Mother 3. Might get a re-release and a Lucas DLC thing. I'd also like Ice Climbers/Wolf coming back with him.
Unfortunately that could be just a "oh, remember that third Mother game that never got an English translate? haha" thing.
As for 3DS limitations, ffs just make Ice Climbers Wii U exclusive if that's the case.
Yeah this, IDK why they appear to be so intent on keeping the same roster.

MTGod

Smash Champion
My Lucas days died with Brawl; Project M Lucas is a fraud, an imposter!

Donkey Kong is my new honey now.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Sad thing Lucas didn't return, though i'm not a fan of DLC i'd be happy to see him being included this way.

I'm also very frustated seeing FE getting 4 reps and Mother only 1 (I hate FE urgh)

Last edited:

Forever 9

Smash Cadet
NNID
ForeverNin9
3DS FC
3626-0399-4225
Just another Lucas fan here shedding tears (not literally). But he was my main, now I have to use Ness. Oh well.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I love both of them. Though i'm incredibly disappointed and sad Lucas isn't in there, i'm glad that I still have Ness to fall back on. After all, he was my original main from 64 (excluding using Yoshi and Samus for quite some time before using Ness back in those days when I was a toddler :p ).

That said, I will be foreveer hoping we get Lucas as DLC. Those custom moves that give Ness all of Lucas' specials just don't cut it. No really, their properties are either nothing like Lucas' (PK freeze/PSI Magnet) or because Ness himself has different properties they don't work (PK Fire). :/

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
you know, I'ma just homebrew my Wii U when I get one and wait for a P:M style mod with Lucas.
If no-one makes one i'll make him myself.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Hell I wouldn't care if we got Brawl Lucas ripped with no updates, no graphics, still had tripping, I played him for 6 years, I don't wanna quit. I was gonna shoot for #1 Lucas this time around... Gaaaah Sakurai please have plans for our little man.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Hell I wouldn't care if we got Brawl Lucas ripped with no updates, no graphics, still had tripping, I played him for 6 years, I don't wanna quit. I was gonna shoot for #1 Lucas this time around... Gaaaah Sakurai please have plans for our little man.
I only played two years with him and I quickly came to adore him after I played with him once. He was amazing.

Top Bottom