• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
the days of the Omelets were the best.... those threads were too good.
i was playing against Neon on wifi one time and i stopped fighting because i started laughing at something i remembered from the 1st Omelet thread

and it all started with Natch leaving Lucas:p (we love you Natch :))

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
The boards dying.

Since I'm gaining matchup experience, (though it's online) I think I'll do better at future tournaments, since I'm able to see what works and what doesn't work. I'm also learning percents. I could be a real big help to the boards, if I had a computer or Laptop.

Wiinet Ftl. =/

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Lol. after awhile, it becomes secong hand nature. I can type with my eyes closed haha. over two years of it just makes it muscle memory.... I think? idk what idk is.

soccerdude7200

Smash Journeyman
It's very character specific. I find PK freeze works well on DDD. It forces a low recovery for an easy Fsmash out of his Up b.

Snake is forced to airdodge or take the hit when he's offstage.
It makes MK [and others] waste jumps, which is always a plus.

it doesn't matter for some chars, such as Fox and Mario. Stupid reflectors.

Wario and Yoshi just go right by it. I... kinda want to make a PK freeze guide.
Ya.
I was kinda just thinkin to use it to waste jump/ make them air dodge, causing them to go lower and create a greater possibility for edgehogging or a failed recovery or whatever.
I could also try rushing them with an aerial, but i dont seem to have enough time before they use their recovery.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
cort pretty much kiled the lucas boards back in april/may. what an uncle ****er :p

also guys i found a new at! it's called "trying" when you "try" stuff goes right for you. you start comboing, not dying, and turning the match around in your favor. unless your neil, in which case it doesn't work :p

Levitas

the moon
Whoever asked about followups to punish airdodges away from PK freeze: jab combos.

Jab anytime there isn't time.

2F jab means if they're in range, it will hit, or it'll hit a shield. vary the timing if it hits a shield so you get them while they're trying to grab. Dtilt if you're cool or APC. (kidding).

Lucas boards are dead because people have fewer questions, which means people know the answers now (no), people aren't asking them (maybe), or people aren't looking at these boards (yes)

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Whoever asked about followups to punish airdodges away from PK freeze: jab combos.

Jab anytime there isn't time.

2F jab means if they're in range, it will hit, or it'll hit a shield. vary the timing if it hits a shield so you get them while they're trying to grab. Dtilt if you're cool or APC. (kidding).

Lucas boards are dead because people have fewer questions, which means people know the answers now (no), people aren't asking them (maybe), or people aren't looking at these boards (yes)
Also, If you condition your opponent with Fully charged PK freeze, you could release a non- charged one right above you. If your opponent is high enough + Fast enough falling speed, you can Dsmash. It works. Usmash is a bit much.

I'll come here for this thread and to post tournament results.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I'm not exactly sure how this works. Are you saying that only people that placed top 8 and above can give data?

Xyless

Smash Master
I'm thinking of picking up Lucas as a secondary for my tournament entry. Sure, he doesn't cover my weakness much (Marth WHEE) with Peach, but he simply needs more representing.

:D

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
+1 person who was brainwashed into using Lucas.

Those shades are snazzy.

Xyless

Smash Master
Made 'em myself! Though that one's glasses are stolen from my avatar, so it's not perfectly aliased.

I never thought to play as Lucas because I played against Irsic so much. Now that I haven't, I've noticed that he does not exist in tourneys.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I never thought to play as Lucas because I played against Irsic so much. Now that I haven't, I've noticed that he does not exist in tourneys.
True...

Strangely, though, there's a sudden increase in Lucas players in Florida for some reason. There was someone with the tag Dream at Florida Gaming in May, and another one last Saturday at a small tournament here in Jacksonville.

Eh. I blame Galeon.

lil cj

Smash Lord
He needs representing on the West Coast. From what I hear from Praxis, there isn't a single Lucas player out there.
Really?? Thats sad

When I move to LA in a few months
Im going to use him in tournies
I guess I'll be the only one though:(

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Praxis is pretty ignorant considering Hall and I beat him and KOS-MOS (Peach + Peach and Peach + Snake/Meta) in doubles by a fair margin.

But then again, I'm garbage, so there is no West Coast Lucas and Praxis... may... be... right... *shudder*

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I wonder what noraa is talking about...

Uhh... there are mad Lucas mains in texas. You'll probably meet HTM, actually.

Xyless

Smash Master
Okay, I'm gonna throw caution to the wind and just play as Lucas at the tourney I'm going to this weekend. I probably won't make it out of pools, but OH WELL.

I just want to practice the dair dtilt lock more. Feel like that's awesome.

Chuee

Smash Hero
okay, I'm Gonna Throw Caution To The Wind And Just Play As Lucas At The Tourney I'm Going To This Weekend. I Probably Won't Make It Out Of Pools, But Oh Well.

I Just Want To Practice The Dair Dtilt Lock More. Feel Like That's Awesome.
Represeeeeeeeeent!

Xyless

Smash Master
Going to throw everyone for a loop.

"DUDE WHERE IS YOUR PEACH?!"
"Man she had a baby with Mewtwo, and this is their son"

Top Bottom