• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'd go to Australia if someone paid. :p

Man I have been so busy lately. I went to my first smashfest and it was great! I had a lot of fun playing Lucas (and random characters) and finally got some replays of my Lucas (which may be uploaded :o) however, I still have a lot of the rust to shake off which isn't good but eh.

I also started playing League of Legends. This game is waaaay too addicting lmao.
Aww that's okay! Rust always takes time to shrug off but i'm sure you'll be fine!

And if I had money I would definitely pay for your flight. I have like 40 dollars in the bank atm. -_-

I want to get a job but i'll have to be out on the lands for that to happen first.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I'd go to Australia if someone paid. :p

Man I have been so busy lately. I went to my first smashfest and it was great! I had a lot of fun playing Lucas (and random characters) and finally got some replays of my Lucas (which may be uploaded :o) however, I still have a lot of the rust to shake off which isn't good but eh.

I also started playing League of Legends. This game is waaaay too addicting lmao.
NO not LoL, DotA is so much better noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo why

unless ofc all your friends play LoL and Peer pressure > DotA in this case, but it's still pushing it.
Also you need a good Warcraft 3 server if you want to play good games with good people.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'll add ya when I get home, Ryu!

@Chuee: because she is fun and a good mid. :p I'm saving up to get Skarner next. Annie's hit n run + stun play style is just so much fun.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I don't if that's any consolation. :-P

SSB is probably the only fighting series I have ever truly liked out of the genre. Got in to Tekken for a while but not really anymore.
DotA, HoN, and LoL are Moba's (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), so it's not really a fighting genre, more like a mini-RPG and RTS mixed together to produce something beautiful.
In DotA's case

Important question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JJ71ctF7GQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=196s
at this part in the video during the wheel footstall combo, right before he f-smashes does he footstall>z-drop>DJC then fsmash?
or does the DJC z-drop automatically (or the other way around)?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Guys, guys! I figured out how to Zap jump to magnet pull with a wii-chuk! It's situational and doesn't work all the time but it's better than not working at all. I'll look at the details of it but basically you have to be travelling a certain direction before zap jumping for it to work.

Hard to explain. Anyway, it's possible! Yay! :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Zap Jump with nunchuck, that sounds fawful.

I need to play smash again.
Pfft, it's not that bad :p

Also, I just played today on wi-fi against three people. Two of them main snake, the third mains marth. It was friend online, Ryuka knows them (and I will as well soon, I hope, I think they're on the boards) and they knew what they were doing.

... and I did okay. At first I got destroyed but then i began to do better. Marth I had trouble with but I had times when I just clicked and would destroy him. that didn't happen awfully much though. The snakes were meh for me in terms of match-up although later in the games we did teams and I teamed with a really cool snake (tag name: 'died') against Lux and the marth (can't remember his tag name).

When Lux went falco though... in comparison that match-up feels so easy.

It was really interesting and had a lot of fun matches. Died and I won most of the doubles matches i think, though I could be wrong cause it was nearly even.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Luco, try to use the grab button right before you land, it eliminates landing lag and you can go straight into a move.

Wave and I destroyed you guys every time we went Lucario/Marth.

Ajajajajaja, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THEY AURA LITTLE KID!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Luco, try to use the grab button right before you land, it eliminates landing lag and you can go straight into a move.

Wave and I destroyed you guys every time we went Lucario/Marth.

Ajajajajaja, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THEY AURA LITTLE KID!
I try but i'm not used to lag. As I said, it wasn't that laggy but laggy enough that when I tried to use Zair I ended up using standing grab which put me in a horrible position.

And you didn't win every time. it was actually reasonably even for most of it lol. :p

Or was that with lux? *thinks*

No I think it was pretty even the whole time except for the beginning. I admit I was horrible those first 2 or 3 games. :p

By the by guys, are any of our top players going to any future tournaments in the foreseeable future? Come to think of it, is anyone going to apex?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I main Lucario so your Lucas can beat my lucas all it wants, I don't give a hoot :troll:
My Lucas destroyed your Lucario last time we versed on friendly brawl. My point still stands. :D

In Basic Brawl we had the other Lucario so that doesn't really count. :p

Now let us nag.

But in all seriousness, i'd love to see videos of this awesome achievement.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
My Lucas destroyed your Lucario last time we versed on friendly brawl. My point still stands. :D

In Basic Brawl we had the other Lucario so that doesn't really count. :p

Now let us nag.

But in all seriousness, i'd love to see videos of this awesome achievement.
Those last decent 1vs1 we had were lagging lol.

You do remember that Lucario and Lucas 1vs1 we had? which in BB when we went back in to see if that Lucario was still there? lag was good in that game and I was throwing you around the stage like a doll lol.

PF got 4th or 5th in that tourney it was called sa1vation, there aren't videos out yet other than the stream.
Oh here's the thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=328705
And Ryuk D:< you never Wi-Fi'd me D:<
I was thinking about you the other day, we never set a date lol.

Do you use Skype? It would be easier to catch you then.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

You do remember that Lucario and Lucas 1vs1 we had? which in BB when we went back in to see if that Lucario was still there? lag was good in that game and I was throwing you around the stage like a doll lol.

Yea but we didn't end up finishing that match, did we? I can't remember. ><

Guess this can only be solved by offline battles... One day. Till then, we cannot troll each other unless absolutely necessary (as in we must both agree that it was necessary) *burns promise on arm*

Oh, on a completely unrelated note, my favourite contestant on the X factor left. Darn it, Angel was amazing. Stupid Australia, they've got to be trolling the show to have her and Samantha in the bottom two and not take out a few of the others. This sucks. :-/

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I spent a lot of time writing and then clicked back so here is a short, unfunny version of what i wrote:
society makes me cry too luco, but not for that reason
we should meet up after school
school is bad
i procrastinate very much
exams soon
J and FAE are missing, come back pls :'(

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I spent a lot of time writing and then clicked back so here is a short, unfunny version of what i wrote:
society makes me cry too luco, but not for that reason
we should meet up after school
school is bad
i procrastinate very much
exams soon
J and FAE are missing, come back pls :'(
Yea J is busy, I can understand. But FAE, Mekos, PF, where are you all? o.O

Also, 'we should meet up after school'? I'm very confused. you do know I live in Sydney right?

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman

Yeah I do what's your name?

Top Bottom