• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Or maybe borderline tier????? :o

Noooo that's a bit too hopeful. :p

Although i think with just a few small changes Lucas could be a really neat char. Taking away the extra GR frames, having a little less lag on some moves... He could do really well. :)

If only we had a say in what happened in sm4sh....

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
Lucas is not bad at all. I don't understand why he is so low either. :/

But let's all hope for the best. OR you guys know he's going up?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Although i think with just a few small changes Lucas could be a really neat char. Taking away the extra GR frames, having a little less lag on some moves... He could do really well. :)

Haha Borderline tier is like shooting for the stars but the highest I ever see Lucas is going like mid of mid-tier at best but even then he belongs at the bottom of MT at the moment.

Lucas is not bad at all. I don't understand why he is so low either. :/

But let's all hope for the best. OR you guys know he's going up?
We pretty much figure he is going up or there is going to be a lot of complaints to the BBR for messing this up because well he has deserved his rightful place in MT finally and is not a LT character (which we have been saying for years haha so it's great to see it finally happen) We don't know for certain, but we can make a pretty safe bet that that's what's going to happen.

Can't wait to go all Lucas at my next tourny. With my luck I'll face a :marth: 1st round. :'(

:phone:
Rooting for ya Kassandra, good luck!

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841

Son, when I get to America Lucas will be top tier ;)

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Hey let's complain about the Grab Release issues Ness and Lucas have, then maybe Sakurai could release a patch for brawl to give them a normal Grab Release and make them instant high-tier! :bee:

Ok not really it has been 4 years since the game's release. LOL
Plus I don't actually know how much they would move up if they didn't have Grab Release issues. :p

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Shouldnt all the release grabs keep lucas on low tier. It sucks plus many of the problems we face haha. Also i wouldnt have anyone to use for low tiers :( guess i got to pick it up with lucas

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Shouldnt all the release grabs keep lucas on low tier. It sucks plus many of the problems we face haha. Also i wouldnt have anyone to use for low tiers :( guess i got to pick it up with lucas

Nah, other chars have some horrible CG issues with certain other characters... I think we're fine.

Lucas just suffers from laggy ranged attacks and the ones that aren't don't have enough range. Although I don't know what i'd do with a PK fire that could go all the way across smashville. >.>

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Lucas/Ness excel in avoiding grabs due to nair & dair/nair & fair respectively. you only get grabbed it you stuff up really.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
We're also good at avoiding grabs as a mindgame technique. Because so many of our match-ups involve Cg-ing we're getting used to not getting grabbed.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lucas excels a bit more due to the fact of his air speed being one of the best in the game and the way he can keep away from others. It sucks that most of his game consists of getting in close though because that's where the kicker is.

Then again if you are playing correctly in MUs you won't get grabbed that much.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Lucas excels a bit more due to the fact of his air speed being one of the best in the game and the way he can keep away from others. It sucks that most of his game consists of getting in close though because that's where the kicker is.

Then again if you are playing correctly in MUs you won't get grabbed that much.
Well yeah retreating SH PKFs help give you some space if you don't want to be grabbed. Even if they powershield the PKF I think you have enough time to not get grabbed.

Although I hate trying to SH PKF Olimar and I think Pikachu and possibly kirbs. Just because my normal SH PKF goes right over those char's heads. MK's okay though so kirbs is also probably out of that equation unless he ducks. Pikachu in the same boat. In fact probably olimar is the only char that can just stand there while you SH PKF and not get hit.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Thing is Lucas has the third best air speed in the game so avoiding that isn't that bad. *shrug* The only MU I have trouble with getting grabbed is ICs because that is pretty much their entire game.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Thing is Lucas has the third best air speed in the game so avoiding that isn't that bad. *shrug* The only MU I have trouble with getting grabbed is ICs because that is pretty much their entire game.
ICs is okay if you can get them separated. I'll bring up a post I made before but basically separating them I hear isn't too difficult with lucas. Also because of his nice aerial speed and mobility Lucas is pretty safe to make Nana's life hell while popo vainly tries to save her.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The ICs are in a similar boat. I know a good ICs main who says he hates to use ICs against lucas, because his magic just seems to separate the ICs so easily. After that Lucas can easily KO nana if he's also keeping an eye on Popo.
Yea that's the quote. Just get nana offstage and then edgeguard her. Once popo's alone CGs are not an issue.

Oops, sorry for the double post ><

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh yeah haha ICs is probably one of the most fun MUs of the High Tiers because it is really easy to split them up and mess with them.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh yeah haha ICs is probably one of the most fun MUs of the High Tiers because it is really easy to split them up and mess with them.
I feel so evil saying this but yeah, isn't it funny how their greatest strength is also their greatest weakness?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Mhmm yeah ICs just got dat grab. I mean they have desync and the like but the characters that do well against them are the ones that can mess with their grab.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well it's what got them in to top tier.

Even unpracticed I can do a CG with them for two or three throws. Then popo falls behind and he can't run up in time to grab the next Dthrow. :(

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't know playing ICs just doesn't seem fun at all because all it is is grabbing. I'd rather have a fighter ya know?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah I understand you man. If you avoid the grabs long enough they eventually get the gist though. Then the real fun starts. I can just hear the wounded cry of the person sitting next to me as they finally realise that blizzard was really the wrong move to use. :evil:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha if an ICs use blizzard on a Lucas, they are doing it wrong. Very very wrong.

Anyways, if I recall, FAE is at WHOBO so good luck dude if you come by here and see this! We're rooting for you!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Haha if an ICs use blizzard on a Lucas, they are doing it wrong. Very very wrong.

Anyways, if I recall, FAE is at WHOBO so good luck dude if you come by here and see this! We're rooting for you!
Haha, true.

And FAE will show off lucas for sure. I mean this is the be-all and end-all, his losses and wins could determine to the judges whether sktar was just a fluke or whether Lucas has the capabilities to RISE. No pressure though. <3

But naww, I kid, i'm sure you'll do fine FAE. :D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lol Sktar wasn't a fluke plus I doubt the Judges would hold everything on FAE's fate.

If so, wow.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If FAE gets on the live-stream, someone hit me over the head on Skype or in here to watch it.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
My favourite poke is every-one's favourite: Charizard, the should-be dragon type that is actually fire + flying. >:3

And i'm also waiting on the livestream, it's 4:05 PM here.

Also, 7000th post. WOOOOO!

Top Bottom