• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Ah i see. Well it's good that u guys had team specific tactics planned.
But remember there are basic dubs things that should be happening. Like on 2% of the brawl community does it. If yall master dubs smarts u guys will do damage on the national level real talk ;).

Also, the main thing that holds lucas back in singles is the grab gayness that can be done to him and his low priority. The low priority can be worked with but the grab gayness really holds him back. The grab gayness can be done in dubs but most people dont have good enuff teamwork to do it to him. And I abuse that fact hehe.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
yo so I played doubles against mekos at a recent tournament
just thought ya'll should know lucas is broken as **** in doubles.
like seriously
just full hop dair over and over while your partner pokes at them. at the tourney the snake he was with just did the first hit of ftilt right as mekos landed
took me 0-75 almost every stock, in a matter of 1 or 2 seconds.
so yeah play with snakes
I've been trying to say that for a long time. Double lucas just destroys everything. If you're an opponent, you have a choice: Do you land staright in to the u-smash or the d-smash thats right next to it? :o

Yeah mekos I do the same thing. The other team is like "i'll grab him and you f-smash him". It never works out. :p

And Jamwa, i'm aussie too. :D

Aero, when did you become mod!???? :O

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I've been trying to say that for a long time. Double lucas just destroys everything. If you're an opponent, you have a choice: Do you land staright in to the u-smash or the d-smash thats right next to it? :o

Yeah mekos I do the same thing. The other team is like "i'll grab him and you f-smash him". It never works out. :p

And Jamwa, i'm aussie too. :D

Aero, when did you become mod!???? :O
Uhm, like last week! :bee:

I also became a smash researcher like two days after my appointment as moderator.

:master:

:researcher:

So we're just ignoring the awesome 120% heal from pikachu's Down-B? Doesn't anybody know how to do it?
It depends on where you stand. It's not fully understood though, but G&W can do it with his bucket as well.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
So we're just ignoring the awesome 120% heal from pikachu's Down-B? Doesn't anybody know how to do it?
Esam name search yourself and come and read this and explain the properties.

Esam and I do that and have mastered it. There is a vid up on youtube somewhere of some Japanese kids doing it. I think Koozy knows where it is.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It's a pun. While referring to many places in gaming such as dreamland from kirby or magicant from Earthbound, it also reflects on me, my way of suddenly zoning out of conversations at any given time, before jumping back in with something completely different.

No wonder i'm considered the oddball of my year. :-P

And yeah, I've done PSI magnet and caught all of pik's down b hit boxes, but not sure if that made 120% seeing as i was only on like 50% at the time.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
It's a pun. While referring to many places in gaming such as dreamland from kirby or magicant from Earthbound, it also reflects on me, my way of suddenly zoning out of conversations at any given time, before jumping back in with something completely different..
deep... .

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
So, I was at the tournament the other day and I feel like snake is beatable...assuming that the snake player has the habit of spot dogging. What to do? Hard read to u-smash at 120%, witch I did it on the snake's last stock. If I have done it on his previews stock, he would acknowledge it and would had shield it from them on. So, I would recommend doing this during Snake last stock.

nuff said.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
So, I was at the tournament the other day and I feel like snake is beatable...assuming that the snake player has the habit of spot dogging. What to do? Hard read to u-smash at 120%, witch I did it on the snake's last stock. If I have done it on his previews stock, he would acknowledge it and would had shield it from them on. So, I would recommend doing this during Snake last stock.

nuff said.
Hmm sounds helpful, I might try that :smirk:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
What's Esam's account name on smashboards? I want to pm him regarding the lucas pika thingo and ask if he can explain it on this board

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Hey whoever asked about the zair footstool thing, I found out how to actually do it from messing around in training mode. So Double Jump > Airdodge > Zair cancels upward momentum yes? Soooooooo...

Jump > Footstool > Double Jump right after > Airdodge > Zair. The timing's pretty strict.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I so gotta learn this but....
argh that sounds annoyingly hard
I think I'll just continue to play this character badly, that's worked so far.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Mekos Lucas is a flop character idk why you are making videos for him.
facepalm* did u watch the vids my brother? It's not lucas vids. They are doubles tips vids.

I consider myself a doubles player. That's where I have fun playing the game and I play lucas cuz I only have fun in this game as him. Also, Lucas doesn't get gayed in doubles the same way he does in singles.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Hey whoever asked about the zair footstool thing, I found out how to actually do it from messing around in training mode. So Double Jump > Airdodge > Zair cancels upward momentum yes? Soooooooo...

Jump > Footstool > Double Jump right after > Airdodge > Zair. The timing's pretty strict.
Thanks a heap :D you da bess

By the way ESAM got back to me on the pika/lucas heal... this must be performed on a moving platform and Lucas has to be at a certain distance for this to work correct?

KoozyK

Smash Ace
lol that's weird, I can beat stockfield because he's not particularly janky but I have an extremely hard time beating jaurice because his playstyle is so weird.
trade info lol
the only way I really beat stock is with good pokes and powershielding, and gimmicks.
Mostly poke to keep away, but the only way I score a good punish or hit is with a gimmick. this is good for DK because I can hit with headbutt shenanigans.
the problem with stock is that he doesn't have that many patterns, and as soon as you exploit one WELL, he will NEVER do it again. Like when I played his rob and punished his double fair or fair to spotdodge with a bair or ftilt it was fine, but once i predicted into a down smash and took a stock, he never fell for it again and did something different every landing. So you have to basically evolve and adapt yourself FASTER than him in order to get a kill. he's just really solid.
I can see how you would be kinda unfamiliar with stock's kinda snake after playing jaurice, your mindset has gotta change.
At the very core, try not to take very much damage. Stock will punish with a good f tilt every time he can, and I mean EVERY TIME. this is often good for you at like, 130 or higher cuz he'll accidentally not use up tilt. But his powershield ftilt is on point so only fire safely.

edit: holy jesus that was a rambled as hell answer I hope a single thing I said makes sense. tl dr don't get hit and jump away from stock when he drops grenades, he's not like jaurice, who will ALWAYS drop grenade then run pivot grab.

my bad, forgot about this lol. alright

the footstooling is alot easier against big characters like rob, DK and charizard and what not.

you wanna do SHnair (better at 45 degrees) > pull down (after contact is made and you essentially in the middle of the char.)>buffer FH> footstool

Immediately after footstool you can either PSIMagnet, or
Double Jump right after > Airdodge > Zair.

the timing for the roping is pretty tough though. only a few frames

if the character flies away at nair you center off and cancel nair correctly.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
hmmhmmmhmmmmm
this sounds interesting and hard.
think I can do it with psimagnet but Snake will take more work
I can't even snake jump or zap jump anyway -_-

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Thanks a heap :D you da bess

By the way ESAM got back to me on the pika/lucas heal... this must be performed on a moving platform and Lucas has to be at a certain distance for this to work correct?
Not at all. A moving platform would be incredibly hard to do it on.

The lucas distance part is correct.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Not at all. A moving platform would be incredibly hard to do it on.

The lucas distance part is correct.
To add to that ^ Lucas has to be below pikachu where the thunder hits pikachu. That allows for the super heal. The best way of accomplishing this is to just have the pikachu either full hop or double jump and use thunder and Lucas just jumps right below pika almost to the point where he is "inside" him, but he's just below him.

Hope that made sense. Haha.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
To add to that ^ Lucas has to be below pikachu where the thunder hits pikachu. That allows for the super heal. The best way of accomplishing this is to just have the pikachu either full hop or double jump and use thunder and Lucas just jumps right below pika almost to the point where he is "inside" him, but he's just below him.

Hope that made sense. Haha.
Not true Nasty. Lucas does not have to be below pikachu. Esam and I did it on Fd and Ps1 on the flat floor. Also, that whole jumping thing is not realistic to do in battle. The spacing has to be perfect for super healing.

It is true that it is easiest to do when lucas is below the pikachu on his right or left side.
The best strat is too pick a stage with plateforms where the pikachu can be above the lucas. Then you need to go to training and both of you practice the timing and spacing.
Some good stages are Delfino, Brinstar, Halburd, and Ps1. BF is also good but I think it is harder to do imo on this stage.

Basically u want the multiple hit properties of pikachu's thunder(when it hits him u see all those sparks) to hit the outside of lucas' psi magnet. It is EASIEST to do this with having pikachu on the edge of a stable platform while lucas is below him and has his psi magnet on the edge of the pikachu's thunder.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I've done a 120% heal with Stingers once, with him playing pokemon trainer. On smashville on the end platform and the opponents had no projectiles, I got a double kill and we immediately started healing. Our opponents just no contested right there, their "**** it I'm out" faces were adorable.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
stingers how did you find meeeeeeeeeeee
and yeah it was leo and sushi
stop namesearchin bro
youknow what
let's just take over the lucas boards, right here and now. bring everyone in Brawl PRs over and we'll just start conversation and slowly move over.
Or the mario boards, jaurice and I already troll there

KoozyK

Smash Ace
stingers how did you find meeeeeeeeeeee
and yeah it was leo and sushi
stop namesearchin bro
youknow what
let's just take over the lucas boards, right here and now. bring everyone in Brawl PRs over and we'll just start conversation and slowly move over.
Or the mario boards, jaurice and I already troll there
get out :grrr:

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
muahahaha you cannot defeat me
after all, we all play lucas
lucas 4eva
no
lucas 5EVA
lyk dis bored if u cry evry tiem