• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Cstick for smashes
Y for grab/boost pivot grabbing is a little easier
Z special
tap jump off
L for jump

Am i the only lucas main using the "C-bouncing" technique? I'm getting really used to it and it's becoming pretty comfortable.

HelpR

Smash Ace
i've actually made attempts to use c-bouncing in matches, but the timing seems pretty difficult to get down. And while I could get it down for like, minutes at a time, I quickly lost it again shortly afterwards.

I remember those 2 weeks I tried to claw for it. might try it again at some other point, it seems like a great tech but hard as all hell to get used to.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
wow, a colombian smasher. yo bro, how well is the smash scene down in colombia?

I went there last summer to visit my half sister and aunt. Was curious if there was a smash scene at all down there, lol.
it's pretty solid, not as big as yours, but we have some good players. Btw, Roy_R is here in Colombia right now, i'm trying to play with him

i want to use c-bouncing, but i don't have enough time to practice to make the change

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
I use c stick for special and L for jump and tap jump off.
Im pretty much stuck on that config now i tried default and c bouncing, and i can do zap jump etc, but its just easier with the other config haha.

HelpR

Smash Ace
huh, interesting

main reason I asked cause whenever I had to change my setup for new wiis, most people look at me like i was an idiot for using such a different setup. Which I could very well be, but this is really what works for me.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Nah, it's not strange at all. If they're looking at you weirdly, WB camp the hell out of them and pull out as many AT trixies as possible.

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
and when that happens they realize oh so thats why. If you want something that's a bit annoying I actually make 2 names one with default with tap jump off, and then the other strictly for lucas. So whenever I go to tournaments they get to sit there and watch me make 2 quick configs haha

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I used to until I switched back to my new settings that I use for every char. My old settings were:

rPSI:
(L - Jump, C-stick - Specials)
MK:
(L - Attack)

I used to use L as attack so I could pivot walk taunt easier XD

HelpR

Smash Ace
Only thing that really infuriates me is when doing friendlies, people insist on making names for their default setups.

It bothers me to have to clean out every 2 weeks, especially when pre-tourney I forget to do so and people who have actual setups have their names erased. Not to mention the scroll down to the bottom of the list for my name that becomes even longer by having like 20 extra setups that are basically default.

So yeah, remember to put at least 2 setups at the top of your wii that is simply tap jump off. makes stuff alot easier.

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
True that, and yea pivot walking is awesome, i just claw it out when i want to since it has no real purpose other than looking cool haha.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
wow really ****ing terrible.
just
what the hell
haha
hey man, maybe if these *****es didnt taunt spam after getting wifi kills with their u-smash against my jigglypuff i wouldnt feel obligated to put these up:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
well guyz tallman is going to get revenge on me for uploading these vids of nub Lucas getting pwnd and he's going to personally settle the score with me in person tommorow!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSnKYX7uUzQ&feature=PlayList&p=B0588D756E792D0C&index=0

Peach ****** Lucas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5tX439jr5c&feature=PlayList&p=D9CC038C879EEA5F&index=106

Kirby ****** Lucas

lol im ****ed i only have wifi exp lmao
Wait...yep, I just died a little inside from that.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
dont worry, Tallman will surely lay down the law on me tommorow >.> I'll save replays

Chuee

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter if you identified them or not. They still disgustingly terrible beyond words.

HelpR

Smash Ace
protip: watching a bad player, like, just picked up brawl and started playing bad, is not fun to watch

watching a pair of really good players fight, and one gets *****, is fun to watch.

also, wifi lucas' are douches. he's a character that should really be played offline.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
This reminds me of why I hate wi-fi. Well of course I don't fail that bad, but I hate wi-fi with Lucas for my life. Some toon link s*** happens too much.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
That right there makes him near unviable online, well at least my Lucas. Honestly, I'll have the lead then get gimped b/c I try to tether back when it would be smarter to PKT2 if it were offline. It's so effing toon link.

Chuee

Smash Hero
You down below where you have to angle it upwards
"Yeah, ok I got dis."
"Ok lets do work."
"................"
Quit the game.
Yeah.........................

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
When ever I play Wi-fi here's what Lucas is saying to me.

PK Free-fall
PK Hit Me!
PK Grounded Fire b/c I need to Lrn2SHWBPKFIRE

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Oh Lucas mains, I'm forcing convincing Levitas to play Brawl again, and he's using Lucas.

Yay.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I just noticed nearly the entire lucas boards is midwest smashers.

then I frowny faced.
lolwut?

Galeon: Florida
PF: Maryland
Me: NC
Others: East Coast
????
Profit

It's west coast that should be going frowny face

HelpR

Smash Ace
Ok, maybe I overexaggerated. but I only fought a lucas main once and that was at CoT4.

And that wasnt a very pleasant experience to be quite frank. The tournament not the match with the guy.

i've fought non-lucas mains playing lucas of course, but the only competent ones were just ninjalink and a friend of mine.

edit: i'm anal about typos.

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed nearly the entire lucas boards is midwest smashers.

then I frowny faced.
I'm over in the north east living in boston, and theres also HAGGS and another lucas main who goes by Fuzzy whos really good.
Repping the east lol

Levitas

the moon
Huh, thought zman was in NY for some reason. Then again, it's been a while since I remember looking at that.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
I'm in PA and there's a few others that use AIB more than swf that are also EC.

Ok, maybe I overexaggerated. but I only fought a lucas main once and that was at CoT4.

And that wasnt a very pleasant experience to be quite frank. The tournament not the match with the guy.

i've fought non-lucas mains playing lucas of course, but the only competent ones were just ninjalink and a friend of mine.

edit: i'm anal about typos.
was i the Lucas you faced at COT4? i remember a few ppl that mained lucas came up to me and played me but idk if you were one of them.

Top Bottom